Chapter VI

BEAUTIFUL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[PRESENT]

 

"Touch my bodyyy~"

"Woooh~"

The dumb and dumber duo were busy wiggling their butts to some girl group songs when manager hyung intruded.

"Yah, stop fooling around already. 3 more groups and it's your turn to perform. Ppali and go now to the back stage."

The manager disappeared after commanding the boys. Mino did one more wave before glancing at the mirror to check if he's already satisfied with his reflection. Everyone stood up already, ready to go to the backstage except Seungyoon who's still sitting straight on the couch, both his hands on his knees. He seemed to be uneasy ever since the day started. Even Taehyun had no idea what's running on the leader's mind all day.

"Hyung~" Maknae narrowed his eyes, studying Seungyoon's expression before he clapped his hands once in front of the latter's face to get his attention.

Seungyoon gave him a puzzled look, sign that he is really mentally absent.

"How long are you planning on imagining stuffs there? It wouldn't be a good news for sajangnim to hear that Winner performed without their leader." Taehyun blurted out, half-explaining, half-complaining.

"Ah neh. Mianhae." Seungyoon helplessly answered. He just got back to his senses.

"Is there a problem Seungyoonie?" Jinwoo asked, genuinely worrying for his dongsaeng.

"Nothing big deal hyung. Maybe I'm just still lacking some sleep." The leader clarified.

"You sure?" Seunghoon asked, not completely believing Seungyoon's clarification.

Seungyoon nodded. He tried to remain as calm as possible to convince the members, and even himself that he's alright.

'What the heck Seungyoon? You're a grown up man so act like it.' Seungyoon, scolding himself in his mind. 'So what if you see her? It's not like you've done something against humanity to her so there's no reason to be guilty.'

Yes, he is not yet ready to face Boram. After he knew that she's debuting almost at the same time with his group, he already imagined bunch of possible situation that could happen once they crossed at each other on music shows. He, himself also can't understand why he's feeling somehow guilty. As far as he could recall, their last meeting years ago doesn't end up cleared. He also did not expect that they would never see each other in a while after that very conversation.

After Superstar K2, a lot of agency contacted him, offering huge amount of money and good singing career in the future. However, Seungyoon chose to train in YG Entertainment over others who could make him debut in just months. President Yang's low appraisal of his talent challenged him. The day he started training in YG, he got his phone confiscated and he was asked to refrain from contacting people so he could focus only on his goal. But that wasn't the reason why Boram and him lost contacts. He tried to reach her once. And that 'once' became the first and last after knowing that Boram went abroad to pursue training internationally.

Boram, leaving without telling him and without a proper explanation of why she's avoiding him during the survival program days, left a hole in his heart. Because he believed they were good friends, at the least.

Now, Seungyoon is totally convinced. Why should he feel guilty when he's the one who got wronged here? He's the one who has been left. He's the one who's been avoided without a reason. It's not like he's the one who should explain, but the one who deserved an explanation.

Thoughts were rumbling in Seungyoon's head when s paused on walking. He moved his gaze to find out what's on their way. His body stiffened at the sight of a girl bowing in front of them. Hands which were dry a while ago suddenly became clammy. Lump started forming in his throat.

"Annyeong haseyo~ Debut chukhahamnida!" Mino is the first one to greet Boram, all his teeth visible with his smile.

Other boys followed Mino and started bowing, Seungyoon being the last one to bow.

"Kamsahamnida~" Boram muttered sheepishly. She smiled at them but when her and Seungyoon's eyes met, the latter averted immediately. It's the smallest smile he could give, his reaction almost indifferent.

Boram still tried to repress her smile though her heart almost ceased beating due to the cold reaction she got from Seun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter