Chapter XIII

BEAUTIFUL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: *Waves to the new subscribers* Much love and thanks to y'all. Here's a little tedious chapter. But we could say this is the point of realization for our dear male lead. :)

Ps: Lyrics were from Winner's Color Ring. ^^ Btw, don't you think that this song's title must have been "Caller Ring" instead? Based on the lyrics. Because 'color' and 'caller' were both 컬러 (Keolleo) in Hangul. What do you think?

***

Taehyun impatiently glanced at the living room's wall clock for what seemed to be the twenty second - or twenty third? - time. He's not really sure and it doesn't even matter. He hauled his torso off the couch and turned off the TV, not bothering to use the remote control since finding it from wherever Kim Jinwoo left it, requires greater effort.

"Where the heck is he?" He whispered, then huffed as he sauntered on the way to his room. He tapped the messenger application of his phone as he walks to check if Seungyoon, at least, have seen his message. But to no good, it appeared that the latter doesn't even mind to open it. It's already a quarter to midnight for goodness' sake, but their leader isn't giving any sign of his whereabouts yet. Of course, he's certain about him rushing to the hospital where that Boram girl is, but due to the fact that Mino arrived roughly an hour ago, telling that he's with Boram himself earlier and she's nothing but okay, he couldn't help but fret.

Before he could reach his destination, he heard some chatting from what sounds to be Seunghoon's room. Although he had no intentions of listening, what he overheard hooked his vigilance.

"WHAT?! YOU KISSED HER?!" Seunghoon squeaked in mental blow.

Mino's hand flung fleetly to enshroud his mouth. "Sssh! The boys might hear you."

When Mino pulled away, Seunghoon placed his hand on his chest and gasped. "Okay. Okay. Sorry. I'm shocked, you know?"

Mino just huffed and leaned his body on Seunghoon's bed, using his arms as support. He looked up to the ceiling as to how intense his hyung's reaction was, seeing how his supposedly chinky eyes rounded huge as if it's going to detach itself from its sockets. He can't blame him though. Why did I really kissed her? It's a mistery even to himself.

"You punk, tell me the whole story now." Seunghoon demanded, crossing both his arms and legs. It sounds to be a serious stuff and he's ready to lecture his dongsaeng in no time.

Gravely, Mino moved a little from his position and began the narration.

[FLASHBACK]

Boram shifted to other side of the bed, her back facing Mino, and pulled the blanket as if sheltering herself from chills. As much as she's appreciative of this guy's help, bringing her to the hospital, we could say close to saving her life, she's still in a mental breakdown on what he did to her few moments earlier. Yeah, she's twenty one, but that was her freaking first kiss, so how do you expect her to react? Sure, girls around, most especially WINNER fangirls, might hate her or envy her for being kissed by Song Mino who basically bleeds iness and handsomeness all at the same time. But, her heart doesn't feel right. She always dreamed how it felt to be kissed, but only by that one special guy. Her first love. Hell, yeah. Kang Seungyoon. Which happened to be treated as brother by the guy who took the chastity of her lips. Fate has it. Nice play.

On the other hand, Mino could feel his heart bulging out of his chest. He attempted numerous times to speak but no voice was coming out. It's like his throat shriveled to dehydration and something was pulling his tongue in so no words could form. Come on, Mino. You've kissed girls before, so what's this delirium? And you're darn grown-up, so don't you dare blame teen-age hormones. But what do I say? How do I explain? Arguing sentiments in his intuition couldn't even help.

Facing her back, he hoarded all the courage left in his body and speak out the only thing he could think of at his predicament.

"Boram-ah... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to--"

His statement was halted when someone in all white with stethoscope dangling around his neck entered the room.

"Oh, did I interrupt you? Door is slightly open so I set foot in without knocking. I'm sorry." The doctor uttered with all respect.

'Actually', Mino thought inwardly, but told otherwise not to sound rude. "Aniya. It's okay, Doc. So how is she?"

"Her condition is stable now. She fainted due to excessive exhaustion and lack of proper sleep. Too good, you were able to brought her here immediately, cause if not, something worse might have happened. She's okay now but I suggest she stay here for few more days to completely heal and rest her body." The doctor discussed.

Mino heaved a deep sigh after hearing the good findings from the doctor. He took a glimpse at Boram and saw her still on that same position, not facing them.

"By the way, are you her boyfriend?" The doctor oddly asked.

"WHAT??"

Bewildered from the astonishing question out of the blue, Mino realized that his voice got few tones higher. Even Boram, who's secretly listening, almost blurted out the same response as Mino. Fortunately, she's able to resist herself from doing so. The heck with this doctor?

"Uhh.. I mean, no. I am not her boyfriend." Mino resumed in a calmer tone.

Surprised and sort of dubious due to Mino's reaction, the doctor felt the necessity to explicate.

"Oh, I'm sorry for the quite privacy-invading question. But I ought to know the person she's always with, so I could discuss the proper medication she needed. In over-fatigue cases like this, daily monitoring of her physical work and even emotional stress is really important." The d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter