Chapter XII

BEAUTIFUL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Another upvote, thanks to ExoKLover. ^^

Chapter 12 for you guys! Much love for subscribers! :*

***

Right before he'd gone ultimately impoverished of forbearance, at length, the guy across the other line picked-up. It's the nth time he dialed the same number, and only if it isn't as much crucial, mediocre phone might have fled already off to the ditch, parts disjointed.

"Where are you?"

The voice earmarking irritation echoed to Mino's labyrinth.

"Why, hyung?"

"I said, where are you??"

Startled with the inquisition, he tried to recall if he had done something lecture-worthy the past days. And agreeably, as far as his cerebrum commemorated, he'd been a law-abiding artist of YG Entertainment. Hence, no worries. He gulped the accumulating lump in his jugular region before he responded.

"I'm in an asian restaurant with the boys, hyung. About 10 leagues away from our building." Mino prudently explained.

"Are you that busy not to check your phone?"

The guy couldn't sound less pestered. Still, Mino having no clue why.

"Hyung?"

"Nevermind. Just go to Music Bank as fast as you could. Unless, you want me to go there myself and use violence to drag you."

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The manager hung up, leaving Mino's mouth also hanging. What the heck was that?

Yet astounded, Mino slowly took the phone off his ears for viewing. 36 missed calls; 25 messages. He immediately checked each, finding the similar content regarding the rescheduled practice today for their Music Bank performance. Hardly at all, he smacked his head with his palm and wondered how come he didn't heard his phone ringing earlier. Hell, I'm doomed.

 

"I'm here! Jeosonghamnida!"

Despite the panting and throbbing due to exhaustion from running, he still managed to bow 90 degrees and apologize for being late. And yes, legs are used and not wheels to transport. Blame the unusual traffic in Seoul. On the way to Music Bank was a car accident resulting to commotion and traffic. It how fate plays with you by blocking your way. Most especially, at times you are in a freaking hurry.

Eyes were all glued to the perspiring guy who just entered the practice room. Mino doesn't need to heed an interrogation before delivering an explanation. He is actually prepared to. Just please give him at least a minute to continue his respiration as a minimum consideration.

"Mianha--"

"It's alright. It's actually our fault not to disseminate an earlier notice." A noona came near and gave him a tap on the shoulder. "Proceed to practicing as soon as you're no more tired." A soft smile formed on her thin lips.

"Kamsahamnida~" He then again bowed to everyone. This time, not just as a norm of respect, but also as an apology.

Mino's last sentence served as a sign for people to start leaving the room. However, manager hyung, before he could step out of the door, transmitted a frantic glare to him. Enough to inform him that they aren't done yet.

"Oppa~"

That soft sweet voice never fails to captivate him. Too bad, he's previously overwhelmed with the earlier happenings not to recognize her presence.

"Boram-ah, mian. I'm late." He timidly murmured.

Seeing how apologetic Mino was, she beamed at him and gave a soothing smile. "It's alright. Actually, I arrived only a little earlier than you."

That 'little earlier' was more than an hour, as a matter of fact. She just can't stand how pitiful this guy in front of him looks, so she says so, not to increase his burden. White lie, eh?

"Geurae?"

"Neh. Let's start?"

Boram endowed another smile then walked to the dance room, since choreography is scheduled to be rehearsed today. When she had almost entered the door, her sight suddenly became blurry. Dizziness struck her head. Not now, please. She mentally pleaded while shaking her head a few times. Thank goodness, she's able to held onto the door frame or else she might have stumbled.

"Boram ah, gwaenchana?" Mino who's following her noticed how she almost fell, sounding much worried. "We could ask them to resched the practice if you're not feeling well." He continued as he helped her stay still.

"Aniya. It's nothing. I'm just a little sleepy." She exclaimed, denying the fact that she's actually not feeling well. Apparently, she's been over-working the past days. Regarding her debut, there's a lot of schedules lined-up that she has to cope with. In fact, she's adviced to rest this day, but due to the unexpected rescheduling of the practice, she had no choice but to coerce her body to function. "And we're running out of time. Only few days were left before the actual stage. We should do well, right?" She repressed a smile.

"But you aren't looking well." Mino frowned.

"Aigoo~ I said I'm alright." She pouts.

"But--"

"No more 'buts'!" She dragged him inside, leaving him no choice but to start practicing. Mino had no idea how they finished rehearsing the choreography when he thought she's unwell. Nevertheless, he's glad that there's nothing serious about her condition, although she looked quite paler than usual.

"Aish. Finally, we're done!" Mino mumbled as he did some stretching. Too good, the dance steps weren't as difficult to master as expected. He took the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter