Chapter Twenty

Nothin' On You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Hi! café? Why did you bring me here for?” Hayi frowned and wriggled her hand out of his grasp.

 A young staff was sweeping outside the door and she waved as she saw them approach the cafe. Mino suddenly released Hayi’s hand and jogged towards her excitedly. “Hey Danah!”

From afar, Hayi recognized that young staff was Yunhyeong’s friend.

Danah returned him a smile. “Why are you back again?”

I’ve to bring you to meet somewhere.” Mino bounced excitedly.

Hayi walked up to them slowly with a confounded look. “Hi.” She waved awkwardly.

Danah glanced at her peculiarly. “Are you dating my brother now?”

“No.” Hayi answered.  

“She’s Hayi.” He turned to Hayi and pointed at Danah. “And, she’s my sister.”

“Oh sister, wait. What?” Hayi widened her eyes as she realized the truth. “You found your sister!” 

Mino wrapped his arms around the young girl and nodded sheepishly at Hayi. “Bingo!”

“Seriously?” Hayi stared at Danah, who seemed to concur his statement and clapped elatedly. “Oh my god.”

“Yes.” Mino stated with a smirk.

“Congrats!”  Hayi clapped his arm.  

“Thank you!” Mino turned and embraced his sister tightly, he looked like he was going to burst into tears. “I can’t believe I actually found my baby sister after many years.”

“Okay, time out.” Danah smacked him gently. 

Mino released her and grinned sheepishly at him.

“Are you joining us later to celebrate our reunion?” Danah asked.

“Nah,” Hayi shook her head.

“What time can you go?” Mino asked his sister.

Danah checked her watch. “I can leave now, let me get my bag.” She went back into the café.  

“Okay, we’ll wait for you outside.” Mino called after her

Hayi blinked. “Wait, I’m not joining your family reunion.”

Mino looked at her puzzled. “Why not?”

Hayi shook her head as she thought about Hanbin. “I’m meeting someone.” 

Mino puckered his lips. “But Halmoni requested you to have dinner with us.”

Hayi heaved a sigh. “Fine…”

“I’m back.” Danah announced.

Mino smiled sweetly at his sibling. “Let’s go, our Halmoni’s waiting!”

++++++++++

“Your phone’s ringing. Not picking up?” Hanbin’s mother called out from the kitchen.

Hanbin grabbed the phone from the coffee table and glanced at the phone screen. He waited for the phone to stop vibrating before chucking it into his bag.   

“Hanbyul, come and get the fruits for your brother.”

“I’ll get them, you sit.” He patted his sister’s head.  

Hanbyul nodded and continued to play with her Nintendo console.

“You’re spoiling her.” His mother shook her head when he entered the kitchen.

“Well… I only have one sister.” Hanbin grinned and took a slice of tangerine from the plate. “Hmm, this is sweet.” 

“Yea, your father bought back from Jeju.”

Hanbin chewed on the tangerine without a word.

“Everything is fine in school? It’s pretty unlike you to come home on a weekday.” His mother glanced at him.

“I just miss home.” Hanbin answered meekly.

She chuckled at his sweet talk and continued to wash the utensils.

Hanbin brought the plate of fruits to the living room and saw Hanbyul standing in a corner and whispering to herself. “What are you doing?”

His jaws fell as his sister turned around with her big round eyes, and she was holding onto his phone.

“Who are you talking to?” He quickly walked towards his sister and hoisted the phone out of her hand.

Hanbyul stumbled onto the sofa few steps away.

“Hanbin, is that you?”

Hanbin’s heart fluttered when he heard the voice and glanced at the phone screen for confirmation of the caller’s identity.

“Hello?” Hayi spoke again.

“Yes I’m here. What is it?” Hanbin stuttered.

“Eh I called to say sor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter