Chapter Fifteen

Nothin' On You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Gosh, Hayi! You stepped on my foot!” Halmoni’s friend complained.

“I’m so sorry!” Hayi jerked away and recomposed herself, while her gaze fixed at the guy standing before her.

“Hello, I’m Song Minho.” The guy tipped his cap and extended out his hand.

Hayi hesitated to shake his hand because Mino was grinning widely at her.

“Knock it off, Hayi. Are you mesmerised by my grandson?” Halmoni snickered.

“No, Halmoni.” Hayi said and shook his hand quickly.

“Uh, hello.” Hayi stuttered.

“He’s older than you, Hayi. Call him oppa.” Halmoni urged.

“Minho oppa.” Hayi said quietly.

Mino hid his smile and turned to his grandmother. “I’ve cut fruits for you, Halmoni.” He placed the plate of apples on her table. 

“Thank you, dear.” Halmoni smiled and put a slice of apple in . “Why are you so quiet now, Hayi? You were so eager to meet my grandson just now.”

“Huh, no.” Hayi fibbed.  

“Why are you youngsters so shy?” Halmoni laughed as she took another bite of her apple.

“They must like each other.” Halmoni’s friend giggled and clapped Hayi’s back. 

Hayi sent the old ladies a flustered look. “No!”

“I like her.” Mino uttered.

Halmoni had a double take at her grandson. “Really, Minho? This is the first time I hear you express an interest in a girl.” 

“She’s cute.” Mino articulated after stealing a glance at Hayi.

“What?” Hayi felt her face burn because of his statement.

Halmoni tittered. “You little glib, I’ll give you a chance. Go fetch my cardigan from my room, it’s getting cold here.” She shivered. 

Mino beamed, “Thank you my Queen. Let’s go.” 

Before Hayi could react, he had grabbed her arm and led her out of the room. “Wait!”

Mino unhanded her as soon as they reached the staircase landing. His eyes landed on Hayi, whose cheeks were red.

“Sorry about my grandmother, she could be overzealous at times.”

“So were you. I like her? She’s cute?” Hayi rolled her eyes.  

Mino was amused by her outburst. “Nice meeting you again.”

Hayi gave him a disdained look. “I wish I could say the same thing to you.”

Obviously she is not interested for a chit chat, Mino concluded. “Did you open the present?” He asked.

Hayi frowned.

“So, have you made up with your mother?” Mino asked again.

“Why are you so concerned?” Hayi said blatantly.   

Mino shrugged. “I can’t stand seeing others not cherishing their loved ones when they are still around.”

The two of them stood in awkward silence.

Mino cleared his throat. “You’ll like the present that your mother prepared.”

Hayi nodded quietly.

“Actually I know your mother, Kim Hyunjoo.”

Hayi raised her brows at his statement. “You know her?”

Mino closed his eyes and sighed loudly. “I knew you too, Lee Hayi.”

Hayi blinked. “You know me?”

Mino puffed out his cheeks. “You used to cry a lot back then so we gave you a nickname. What is it? Baby Monster?” 

Hayi stared at him in horror. “How did you know that?” The nickname was given by her father, who always referred her to a monster whenever she started crying.

He smiled and tapped his chin playfully. “You’re always crying back then.”

Hayi took a step back and stared at him. “Who are you exactly?”

“How much do you remember about Tagoon?” Mino asked.

“Tagoon…” Hayi closed her eyes as she thought about the name.

“Tagoon.”

“You were the boy, whom omma brought home from work and stayed with us for some time!” She exclaimed and clapped her hands together.

“Bingo.” Mino clicked his fingers idly.

Hayi squealed as she moved one step closer and examined him from top and bottom.

“I’m getting embarrassed.”

Her mood was lifted immediately as she kept looking at the grown up man.  “Why didn’t you tell me that you are Tagoon beforehand?”

Mino rolled his eyes. “I didn’t know that you are so bad at recognizing people.”

“No, you really changed a lot.” Hayi insisted.

“Well it’s puberty.” Mino pointed out. “I had wanted to tell you the last time we met in school, but you shunned me like I was some plague.”

“Oh, you can’t blame me for my attitude. You’ve been acting like a prick, especially the way you beat Donghyuk.” Hayi retorted.

“That lowlife deserved it for harassing my girl.” Mino explained dryly.

Hayi tsked him in annoyance. “Hello! She was Donghyuk’s girlfriend until you came along and snatched her away.”

Mino snorted. “Hello! She was the one, who approached me.”

Hayi made a revolting face.

Mino shuffled his feet and stared directly at her. “I’ve broken up with Hyosung.” 

“Why am I not surprised?” Hayi said cynically. 

Mino ignored her sarcasm and continued. “I caught her with another guy.”

Hayi’s jaw fell. “What?”

“And she stole the money.”  

It took Hayi several seconds to connect the dots. “So that night at the club…” She eyed him furtively.

“It was her.” Mino confirmed.

“What?” Hayi widened her eyes.

Mino nodded, “Yes, and I owe you an apology for that matter.”

“You could have believed me.” Hayi grumbled.  

"I was drunk, girl. Besides you acted too suspicious that night." Mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter