Chapter Twelve

Nothin' On You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin raised a hand to her forehead as she speechlessly watched Jinhwan stagger towards them. “Unbelievable. How did you know I’m here?” She uttered. 

The males at the table slowly rose to their feet. 

“You are-?” N asked.

Jinhwan ignored the older boy and reached for Jimin’s hand. “Come on, let’s go.”

“Let go!” She retorted and shook her arm away rudely.

Jinhwan looked behind, eyes widened. “Come with me!” he said.  

Hayi felt her jaw drop, astounded by his hostility. Why was he acting that way? She felt a prod on her arm.

“Who is he?” Chanmi asked.

“Our class president.” Hayi replied.

“Hey buddy…” Ravi said as he patted Jinhwan on his shoulder.

“Don’t touch me.” Jinhwan snarled, shaking his hand away.

“Keep your hands off our class president, please.”

“Hanbin?” Hayi looked behind upon recognizing the voice.

The boy’s gaze was fixed at Ravi, who had his grip tightly on Jinhwan. “I don’t like to repeat myself.” Hanbin stated again, unafraid of the male’s daunting height.

"Ravi... back off." N said sternly, wagging his finger at the younger boy.

“Fine.” Ravi dropped his hand and took a step behind.

“Jimin!” Someone gasped.

Hanbin rounded his eyes in surprise as his friend unveiled a kidnap ploy right in front ofhim.

“Yah!” Jimin’s loud resistant voice filled the café.

Everyone turned their heads to watch the girl get taken away by Jinhwan.

“Jimin!” Choa cried and jumped to her feet.

Hayi’s face turned livid and swallowed her saliva.  

The ambience suddenly turned awkward with everyone gawking at one another. No one had anticipated that move from the class president. She could hear Hanbin cursing under his breath and Yunhyeong looked dumbfounded.

“Is she’s going to be okay?” Hyuk asked quietly.

“Budge!” Ravi griped as he pushed his way against Hanbin, who stood in his path on purpose.

“She’s going to be alright, of course.” Hanbin rolled his eyes.

Ken caught his gaze and could not stomach the disrespect. “Geez! You’re one annoying brat!” He grabbed a glass of water from the table.

Hayi saw his action and let out a cry. “Look out!”  

Water splashed across Hanbin’s face.

“Hyung!” Hongbin yelled and glanced at the older male.

Ken looked over his shoulder and shrugged.   

Hanbin’s face darkened as beads of water dripped down his hair and face. He brushed them off with a hand as a small puddle of water formed on the floor. His uniform was wet. He tilted up his head and glared angrily at the older male.

“Oh no,” Yunhyeong clapped his forehead. 

“Are you asking for a fight?” Hanbin declared.

“What? You are the one with no respect!” Ken said outrageously while glaring at him.

Yunhyeong quickly moved in between the two of them. “Don’t do anything.” He pleaded his friend.   

“Move.” Hanbin growled and shoved him aside.

Yunhyeong sighed.

Alarmed, Hayi darted forward and grabbed his arm. “Hanbin.” She said in a pleading tone.

Hanbin softened as he saw Hayi’s face. He slowly pulled his hand away from her and straightened himself.

Hayi gave him a weak smile.

“Ken… enough.” N said sharply.

The boy gave a disdained look and sourly returned to his seat. N heard the racket that Ken cause behind and shook his head crossly.

The manager approached them cautiously. “You’re affecting our customers, I’ve to ask all of you to leave.”

“Yes we’re going to leave. I’d like to apologize on behalf of all of us." N bowed his head.

Ravi frowned. “Hyung…”

Yunhyeong stood forward. “No, it’s our fault. I’m sorry that we spoiled your group date. How about we pay for this meal?” he suggested.

Hanbin shot his friend an incredulous look. “Are you nuts?”

“Relax, I got this.” Yunhyeong whispered back, winking at the adults.

Hanbin rolled his eyes. “Whatever. Are you coming, Hayi?” He turned around and moved out of the café.

Hayi sent her new friends a fleeting glance. “Uh okay. I’m sorry for what happened.” She apologized and hurriedly followed Hanbin out of the café.

“Really. Let us pay for the meal.” Yunhyeong told N and took out his wallet. “Uh, how much is it, manager hyung?”

“Oh! No way!” N said hastily. The manager looked sceptically at them. “Boys, call me when you are ready.”

“Are they together?” Leo asked suddenly.

Hyuk tilted his head at the older male in disbelief. “You finally noticed something, hyung…” He added dryly.

Leo suddenly whacked Hyuk’s head. “Don’t be rude, I’m still your senior.” He growled.

The boy gave a sheepish grin and moved away.

 

++++++++++

 

Jinhwan had never once taken his gaze off Jimin as she panted heavily near the lamppost. He walked towards the girl, wanting to comfort her. “Are you ok- Whoa!” He jolted backwards when Jimin turned spun around.  

“Are you out of your mind? Why did you drag me out?” She yelled.  

Jinhwan threw his hands in defence as he moved backwards. “Ow! Ow!” He yelped.

Jimin continued to advance, hitting every inch of his body.

“Stop it!” Jinhwan cried.

The two did not watch where they are heading and crashed into an old man, who fell down.

“Omo…” he whimpered.

They froze. Jinhwan looked behind and rushed to help the man to his feet.

“Are you okay?” Jinhwan asked.  

“We’re sorry, Ahjussi!” Jimin said quickly.

He smacked Jinhwan’s hand rudely and cast a dirty look at the pair. “If you want to fight, go home. Don’t block my way now!”

“We’re sorry!” Jinhwan cried after the man.

Jimin’s face turned beet-red. “It’s all your fault.” She scowled.

Jinhwan glanced at her. “How was it mine? All these weren’t happened if you are at the meeting now. Come, the boys are still waiting for us.”

Jimin rolled her eyes. “Oh please, those guys already left.”

“No way. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter