Chapter Thirteen

Nothin' On You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hayi dropped her book and fell back on her chair with an astonished look. “What? Jinhwan con-” She sputtered.

Terrified, Jimin jumped to her feet and covered Hayi's mouth. “Shush!”

"Mfmh." Hayi spoke through her fingers and pushed her friend away.

Jimin caught several of their classmates glancing in their direction and smiled apologetically. 

Hayi struggled between her breaths. “Oh my god!” She squealed.

“Keep your voice low!” Jimin begged.

Hayi lowered her voice. “Jinhwan said he likes you? Our class president?"

Jimin blushed and nodded shyly.

Hayi guffawed. It was uncommon to see her friend look so embarrassed. “What did you reply him?”

“I didn’t say anything.” Jimin said quietly.

Hayi widened her eyes. “Why?” She raised her voice again. 

Jimin shrank back in her seat. “Hey! You’re supposed to speak softly.” She reminded.

“Fine.” Hayi moved closer and whispered. "Why didn't you reply Jinhwan?" vague

"I don't know. Maybe I was confused." Jimin replied honestly.

Hayi gave a puzzled look. "Confused? Why?"

"His confession was rather sudden." Jimin explained, rubbing her hands.

Hayi’s eyes shone with interest. “How did he confess?”

Jimin sighed and held up her hand. “He was complaining that he doesn’t like me to hang out with other guys and suddenly, he blurted that he likes you.”

Hayi snickered.

Jimin rolled her eyes and tugged her shirt. “Don’t laugh.”

Hayi placed a finger on her chin and gazed at her friend thoughtfully. “Why? Don’t you like Jinhwan?”

Jimin stayed silent.

“Is it because of his height?” Hayi guessed.

Jimin pulled away from Hayi defensively. “I didn’t say that!”  

Hayi folded her arms. “I can’t think of anything else to pick on, oh, maybe his longwindedness?”

“He is appointed as a president, of course there are times that he has to be objective and performs his role. I agree that he is naggy, but it’s because he cares and wishes the best for everyone.” Jimin said.

Hayi raised her hand and stared into her face. “Wait. Are you speaking up for our president?” She chuckled.

“Huh? No.” Jimin touched her hair sensitively.

"So you like Jinhwan?" Hayi eyed her funnily.

Jimin pretended to cough.

“I take that as a yes.” Hayi grinned.

"How do you know so much? Do you have a boyfriend before?" Jimin asked.

"Nope. I watch a lot of dramas." Hayi laughed hysterically.

Jimin deadpanned and shook her head. “God. I don’t want to talk to you anymore.”

"Hayi! Someone's looking for you." Her classmate called from the front. Hayi looked towards the door, where a boy was waiting.

"Give me a minute." She chuckled to Jimin, who waved her hand lazily.

“Go, I don’t want to talk to you any more.”

Hayi scrunched her face and walked off.

The male kept looking at Hayi as she came out of the classroom. "Were you looking for me?" She asked.

"Are you Hayi?" He asked in a slightly irritable tone.

Hayi cocked an eyebrow. “What is it?”

"I was told to pass you this note." He replied and shoved a piece of paper into Hayi's hands.

"Who passed this note to you?" She asked.

"No idea, I’m just a messenger." He shrugged.

Hayi unfolded the note and read the contents.

Meet me at the west side gate. I've something that belongs to you.

Her lips curled into a frown as there was no name of the sender. “Huh? Wait.” She looked up and saw the boy gone.

Hayi folded back the slip of paper and went to the stairs, where she bumped into Hanbin and Jinhwan.

“Hey guys!” She greeted.

Jinhwan waved back and Hayi broke into a snide smile. "Hee..."

"What's so funny?" He asked strangely.

"Nothing." Hayi lied, her lips still curled up.

Jinhwan had an uneasy look. Don't tell me she heard about me from Jimin?

"I'll see you all later." Hayi said cheerily.

Hanbin frowned. “Where are you going? Class is starting.”

“I need to pick up something, I'll be right back.” Hayi replied.

Hanbin nodded vaguely after her. “Come back soon.”

“Of course.” Hayi replied and went down the building.

++++++++++

The place was empty when Hayi arrived.

"You sure take your sweet time to come here…"

She glanced around and asked. "Who is there?”

The intruder slowly revealed himself behind the fence.  “Hello.”

Hayi widened her eyes in shock at Mino. “What do you want?” 

The boy raised his hand. “It’s hard to talk like this, hang on.”

With one powerful push, Mino flipped himself over the wall and landed next to her with a soft thud. Hayi gawked at the older male.

"Hi again." He waved with a smile.

Hayi broke into a scowl.  

Mino saw the flabbergasted look on her face and moved towards her with a smirk.

Hayi raised her hands in defence and exclaimed. “Don’t come near me! I’ll scream!”

"Whoa! Wait." Mino stopped in his tracks and eyed her irritably. "Hey, must I remind you that I’m only here to return your stuff to you?” He said dryly as he held up a paper bag.

Hayi found the paper bag familiar and cautiously walked up to Mino.

“Doesn’t this belong to you?” He snarled.

Hayi peered into the paper bag and checked the contents.

"I came all the way here to return you the bag. Not a word of thanks?" Mino said ridiculously.

Hayi looked up grudgingly. "Why should I? You accused

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter