seven

Affair

 

 

That was the last time I am going to talk to Wendy. She’s destroying my innocence! I’d admit to it, I’m not that good but at least my mind’s not as .. as polluted as her!

 

I return to the kid that I teach earlier and finished the whole 3 hour session without any disturbances. Unfortunately, we will be back next week since good for 3 sessions that I’ve sign in the contract. Hopefully, I don’t I have school works next week. I did enjoy my little time here though.

 

We have our own ways when we were in the van. Wendy, she’s busying talking to her frat buddies. And Seulgi, she’s quite. She’s drowned in her own world. So Wendy’s right? She is like that because she and Joy talked? But I thought she said she’s over her? But why does every time I look at her I can see the hurt all over her face?

 

Well, they were together for 5 years. And it wasn’t a joke. Five years was a long time. Maybe that problem was serious enough because honestly, I can’t find a decent reason enough just to justify why she left her at the altar. The price of humiliation was just too high. Really just damn too high.

 

“Well, that was fun.” Rose said when we saw each other at the Alumni’s house again. I looked at my back and saw Seulgi and Wendy talking seriously. Wendy’s leaning on her Montero Sport while Seulgi is talking seriously at her sister. Oh, goodness. I really just can’t understand those two.

 

I nodded at Rose. I really had fun.

 

After a while, we went to our car and drove ourselves back to our dorm. This has been a long and tiring day.

 

The next few days were rather boring. I feel like I’m going to die because of these requirements. Exams there, projects here. So by the end of the week, we look like zombies. Night came and we decided to kick some , meaning, we’ll drink.

 

“Can’t we just buy drinks then stay in here?” I suggested. I don’t have a mood to smile whoever we’ll meet at the bar. I just wanted to unwind and relax.

 

Krys gave a strong declination. Oh, party girl alert.

 

“Please, Irene! I need to be out! I need to see some faces other than—no offense—yours. I’ve been seeing your face for a week!” She said. 

 

This .

 

In the end, I agreed. Rose wants to go out too so I agreed. I don’t have to do so I went inside of the bathroom and relax myself. We’ll be leaving in a few hours. I need to relax myself.

 

While I’m in the bathtub, suddenly my phone rings even though I don’t want to move I have no choice but to answer this one.

 

My brows automatically shot up when I saw the name who wants to facetime with me.

 

Interesting.

 

With a bit of hesitation, I clicked accept. Huh let’s see who’s the one who knows to play a game.

 

“Hi.” I said with a big smile painted on my face. My hair was tied in a messy bun and some of my hair was on my shoulders. Did I mention that I’m in a bathtub?

 

She suddenly step backward on her iphone when she saw my face. No, she can only see my shoulder up to my face! As I have said, I don’t have time to a ert like her.

 

A small smirk was very visible on her face. ert.

 

“Well, hello there, Irene. Did I disturb you?” She said. I shook my head and laid my head back.

 

“No, go and speak. What do you need?” I asked.

 

She was still smiling ear to ear, as if she was very amazed. She’s really the definition of a ert.

 

“Well, seeing you like that Irene, I can’t focus.” she said. The hell! I suddenly blush from what she just have said.

 

She was chuckling as she shook her head in amazement. I calm myself down. Why does she have an effect on me? The last time I checked, she’s not my type. I swear. Yes, she’s pretty and she looks cool but not totally my type.

 

“ert.” I said. She wiggled her brushy eyebrows at me.

 

“So, is it my fault that you answered my call wearing .. nothing?”

 

“Fine!” I said and then reached for my robe.

 

“I’ll call you back.” I said abruptly and then ended the call.

 

I run to my room and looked for something decent to wear. I decided to wear long sleeves. Every time Wendy’s going to stare at someone it feels like she's undressing it or that was normal for her?

 

I grabbed my phone and rolled over my bed. I called her .. while wondering where the hell did she get my number?

 

“Why do you have to wrapped yourself?” She said while smirking. Oh, god! How badly I want to wipe that smirk off her face!

 

“What do you need?” I asked. She leaned at her chair. She was wearing black sleeveless that revealed her well-toned arms. Well, she goes to gym lately.

 

“Well, I like you for my sister.”

 

I raised my eyebrows again from what I have heard.

 

“Go on ..”

 

She stood up and lies on her bed. We were both lying on our beds, and it was like we were planning some schemes on her sister.

 

“Well, you don’t look too bad.”

 

“Excuse me, as far as I’m concerned, I’m gorgeous.” I said to her. She laughed at me again.

 

“Fine, you’re pretty. And .. well, Joy’s back. And she’s bad for my sister.”

 

You know? It’s really amazing that Seulgi is really not her full blood sister but she cares for her. Well, maybe they’re really close.

 

And about that, I’m dying of curiosity again. What really is the reason why she left Seulgi at the altar? I’m so curious. I wanted to ask but that’s a personal problem.

 

“I don’t know, Wendy .. I wanted to help but that is intruding right?”

 

“Technically, I’m just giving you both a push.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Come on Irene. You like my sister, right?” I rolled at my bed and think.

 

“You’re so assuming.” I said. She gave out a low chuckle. It sounded so y, it’s so addictive to hear.

 

“You do like my sister and I’m right.” I raised my eyebrows even higher now again. I will never say the truth. That’s just so cheap.

 

“Well, let’s say that you’re right. But why do you care?”

 

“Well, as I have said, Joy’s back. And shouldn’t be back.”

 

“Wendy, as far as I know, they were together for five years. Do you think that was easy to break them up? I don’t think so.” I said to her.

 

What they have was history. History that was hard to erase. Five years is not a joke. It’s almost a lifetime.

 

“Come on, Irene. Where’s the spirit?” she said, cheering me up.

 

“She’s history, ancient history and my sister likes you, for sure.”

 

“No, she doesn’t. She’s always mean to me.” She nodded right after that. She agreed. She seldom saw us Seulgi fight so she must know.

 

“That’s her way to show you that she cares.” She said and then so filthily winked at me. Playgirl moves!

 

“Wow! Tough love!” She was laughing and rolled on her bed too. After a while, she’s serious again.

 

“You want to know why Joy left just a few hours before her wedding?” She asked me.

 

I seriously can hear my heartbeat. It was like it wants to pop out of my chest. I don’t know how to calm it down.

 

“She had a pregnancy scare with Seulgi’s best friend’s child.”

 

It was a low whisper but the impact blew my mind away.