ten

Affair

I woke up with a huge grin on my face. Goddamnit! I can’t really recall how many times Seulgi have taken me home but the effect… it’s still the same. I just can’t erase this freaking smile on my face!

 

“Good morning, Bae! Still happy aren’t we?” Rose asked me while she walked into the kitchen with a bowl of scrambled egg in her arms.

 

I sat on our stool in the kitchen island. Morning is good when Kang Seulgi’s name is the first thing that popped up in your phone in the morning.

 

It’s just a simple ‘Good morning’ but goodness! I freaking rolled into my bed when I saw it! Why are you doing this to me, Seulgi? You got me bewitched!

 

I still didn’t reply to her text. I didn’t want for her to think that I’m some overly-attached and obsessed girl. I mean, obsession is a negative term, both in connotation and denotation. It’s still a wonder why some people are so proud to say that they’re obsessed.

 

I watched as Rose murdered the egg. Well, she’s not that bad of a cook but I would prefer if she gave the idea of being a cook up. The taste was tolerable but I deserve better food.

 

Anyhow, I watch her cook the egg. Five minutes later, I composed my text reply. It was just a simple ‘Good morning’. No emoticon or whatever.

 

“Let’s eat.” Rose said.

 

“Can you please let go of your phone? It won’t run, you know.” she commented as she placed a plate in front of me.

 

I already put my phone away. I don’t want to expect anything from Seulgi. Expectations lead to disappointments. And I hate being disappointed. It hurts because you put your hopes up..

 

“Hey.”

 

“What?”

 

Rose pointed at my phone. “It’s ringing. Won’t you answer it?”

 

I looked at my phone and my mouth went hanging wide open.

 

Kang Seulgi

Calling..

 

Oh, my goodness!

 

Okay, Irene. Calm down. It’s just a freaking phone call! Don’t panic!

 

“Screw it, Irene. It’s just a phone call. You’re acting like a baby.” She said while sipping her cup of freshly brewed coffee. She was laughing and shaking her head in amusement.

 

I sneered at her and then stood up. I went to veranda to get some air. It’s just that I really get nervous when it comes to Seulgi. Her effect on me is so strong. I wasn’t usually like this yet I didn’t want to stop. I can’t stop. I love this feeling.

 

Three deep breaths were all it took for me to answer the call.

 

“Hey.” I said.

 

She replied with, “Did I wake you up?”

 

I was like an idiot, smiling from ear to ear. Damn you, Seulgi!

 

“Nope. I was already up. Why?”

 

“I see,” she said. “Do you have lunch plans?”

 

My heart figuratively stopped. Was she asking me out on a date?!

 

“W-Why? Are you asking me out on a date?”

 

And sometimes, I do wonder why I am this straight-forward.

 

There was a beat of deadly silence. This freaking silence was killing me.

 

“Yeah. Are you dating someone though?”

 

Okay, calm down, Bae Joohyun! This is not the time to panic!

 

“T-there’s none, Seulgi.” I whispered almost inaudibly.

 

“Alright. See you later?” she said.

 

“Okay…”

 

“Um.. Seulgi?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

I stopped for a moment. I don’t know how to say this. With Seulgi, I’m always this nervous.

 

She was a risk I was willing to take but too afraid to mess up.

 

“Are you seriously asking me out?” I asked.

 

“Irene,” she started off. Her voice over the phone sounded so y, I just wanna jumped on her and hug her.

 

“Date me and let’s see how things will go. Alright?”

 

And just like I have been hypnotized. I nodded.

 

 

“You’re leaving? But it’s Monday!” Rose whined. Right after the call ended, I went into my room and looked for something to wear.

 

I nodded at her while I was busy looking for a shoes to wear. What if I just wear a slippers? I’ll just buy things in the mall. Damn it. Things I do for that girl.

 

“I thought we’re gonna be bums for today….”

 

I choose my purple flip flops. I think this is okay.

 

“Be bum or whatever. I’m going out. Bye!” and I ran out before she could even utter a protest. Today’s going to be freaking awesome!

 

I bounced toward my car and started the ignition. While I’m driving to the nearest mall or wherever, i felt my phone vibrate and it was Wendy, nonetheless.

 

“What?” I said.

 

I turned the loudspeaker on. I can see her on the screen and it looks like she just woke up. She looks y with that disheveled hair...

 

“You’re so y when you’re driving.” I rolled my eyes.

 

And that’s the way how Wendy Son say good morning.

 

“Whatever. What do you want?” I asked her.

 

“Ouch, Irene. Do you really think I needed something just because I called you?” she asked, faking hurt. She’s over reacting. She’s totally an opposite of Seulgi.

 

I focused my vision on the road. Seulgi and I still have a date, I don’t want to get into an accident.

 

“Yeah, you’re like that. So, what do you need?”

 

I glanced at my phone and saw her smiling like an idiot. Why is she smiling?! Annoying.

 

“Nothing, Irene. Just checking up on my favorite girl.”

 

I rolled my eyes. “Oh, shut up, Wendy. We just met one month ago.”

 

She chuckled at my remark. That’s a fact anyways. I don’t even know her that much but she always call me every day and it’s very annoying.

 

“So brute, Irene. You really are meant to be with Seulgi. Twisted.”

 

“Shut up, Wendy. If we’re twisted, what does that make you? Sick?”

 

And she laughed at me again. That god damn annoying laugh but still one of the most precious laugh I’ve ever heard.

 

Seriously though, am I a clown? She is always laughing at me and it’s not that even funny.

 

Whatever.

 

“So, really, what do you need?” I asked her again.

 

“You have a date with my sister, right?”

 

Right. Why does she even know that? She’s freaking nosy.

 

“So?” I asked with my brows arched.

 

She showed me that devilish smirk of her. Twisted and sick woman!

 

“Are you aware why she asked you out?”

 

I don’t know but I suddenly feel nervous. I don’t like this feeling. I stopped the car and parked on the side.

 

Sometimes, not knowing is better than knowing. Because with knowing comes hurting.

 

But I don’t want someone lying to me. As much as it would hurt, hurt me but never lie to me. That’s how I want things to roll. Kill me with the truth but don’t comfort me with lies.

 

“Why? Why did she ask me out?” Every word stung. It hurts. Didn’t she ask me because she likes me?

 

She laughed and winked at me.

 

“She likes you, Irene. What else do you think?”

 

“ you!” I said to her. She is so darn annoying!

 

Suddenly, she moaned. “Harder.”

 

Ugh! I turned the phone off or else I couldn’t control myself and punch the screen.

 

I went into the mall and choose what to wear and I ended up with a Sunday dress. Actually, I don’t have any idea where will Seulgi take me so I also bought a formal dress.

 

I arrived at the café where we’ll meet. I waited for roughly ten minutes when I saw Seulgi walking towards this café.

 

I was looking at her religiously while she was walking. She is really beautiful. She’s just too perfect for me.

 

She was walking toward me and I cannot help but feel lucky. What did I do in my past life for me to deserve this perfection?

 

“Did you wait?” she asked.

 

I shook my head.

 

I stood up and we walked.

 

“Seulgi?” I said and then stopped on my track.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Is this a date, for real?” I just want to ask again because I’ll expect. I need an assurance. I’ll take the risk but I should know my chances.

 

She nodded. “Why?”

 

I smiled at her. That’s all I needed.

 

“Nothing.” I said and then continued smiling. I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and then looked at her. “I just need to hear it. That this is a date.”

 

I started to walk again with a smile on my face when Seulgi encircled her arms into my waist. I stopped immediately. Damn it! My heart is beating so fast again.

 

“Can you feel me now, Irene? Is this close enough?”