eleven

Affair

I was smiling the whole time Seulgi and I were together. I’m so happy when I’m with her. I just can’t explain it..

 

We were just walking together. No conversations but just silence and it wasn’t boring at all. What was it? Uh, yeah. Comforting silence. That was it.

 

“So..” I said, trailing a bit because I don’t want to end this special day. I should’ve asked for a dinner date. It was just around two in the afternoon yet I’m already saying goodbye to her.

 

“Thanks for today,” I said.

 

She smiled at me and damn, can I melt?!

 

Oh, Kang Seulgi, what did you do to me?

 

She nodded at me. I was biting my lips, should I kiss her or hug her? Ugh! I don’t know how to bid goodbye to this one. Heck, I didn’t even want to say goodbye!

 

I was balancing, finding it in me how to say goodbye when she pulled me and kissed my forehead.

 

“Thanks for today, too,” he said, my head buried in her chest. I was frozen as of the moment. I don’t want to move. I can’t move. My entire system was in panic. “Let’s do this again,” she whispered.

 

I was like a kid hypnotized by someone who has a candy so I nodded.

 

The moment she released me from the hug, I smiled a very big smile.

 

“See you soon.” I aid and then turned around and walked away.

 

Days have passed and the effect was still the same. It feels like I was being drugged. I smiled a lot these past few days and that cause Rose and Krys to ask if something was wrong with me. Honestly, I don’t care. I just stayed mum since I don’t have any idea how to tell them about Seulgi and me. Especially to Krystal. I didn’t know how to break it to her. She was in love with Seulgi… and I was dating her.

 

I love Krystal because she’s my friend. But I don’t know how to do. I never really liked choosing.

 

I’d hate to lose one of them.

 

I was walking to my class when someone elbowed me.

 

“Deep thoughts, huh.”

 

“What do you need again?” I asked her.

 

I had all the time to spare but if it’s just Wendy whom I’ll talk to then, no thanks. I’m good.

 

She walked beside me and the road to my class was still long and winding. I had no choice but to talk to the devil.

 

She walked a bit faster and now she was in front of me, walking backwards. She’s really an idiot.

 

“It has come to my attention that my sister hasn’t kissed you yet,” She said.

 

Automatically, I raised my brows.

 

“Why do you care?” I hissed.

 

She shrugged. Ugh!

 

“It’s the second time Seulgi didn’t kiss you yet. Hmm. I just find it weird.”

 

I glared at her, “And fascinating? Seriously, you’re so nosy!” I exclaimed to her.

 

She laughed at me and she walked beside me. Now, she’s normal.

 

I looked over to the people surrounds us and seriously from one to Wendy, how famous is she? Everyone’s looking at us!

 

I looked into the ground and I whispered low enough to let her hear. “There are people looking at us, Wendy. Distance yourself please.” I said.

 

“Are you ashamed of me?” She asked.

 

I glanced at her. Why did she sound like some betrayed girlfriend? What is wrong with this girl?

 

I stopped walking and turned to face her.

 

“Wendy, you’re not my bestfriend or my girlfriend or whatever. Why are you so demanding?” I asked her. I didn’t care if I’m being harsh. She asked for it. I didn’t like annoying people. I hate them the most and that’s completely Wendy right now. I liked having my own space and do things at my own pace.

 

Her face turned serious.

 

“Oh.” It was all that she said.

 

Suddenly, I felt guilty for lashing at her. I didn’t mean to be mean at her. It’s just that I had too much on my plate. My courses were killing me and this guilt for Krystal that I had inside me was turning me into a monster. I hated lying especially when my friends were involved.

 

“I-I didn’t mean it that way, Wendy.” I said, grabbing her by her arms.

 

She looked at my hand on her arms and then smiled at me. “No, you’re right. I’ve been meddling way too much,” she said then slowly removed my grasp.

 

it I felt so guilty!

 

She took three steps backward, while still facing me. “Good luck.” She said.

 

“Don’t hurt my sister, alright.” And those were the last words she said before she turned her back at me.

 

I wanted to run to her but I’m scared. It was my fault. I shouldn’t have said those to her. She was just trying to help, Irene! What have you done?

 

I watch her walk away, with this guilt inside me.

 

I’m sorry, Wendy. I really, really am.

 

I arrived at my class feeling devastated as . I felt so guilty to the point I can’t focus on our activity. My prof even noticed that I was spacing out.

 

When the class ended, my phone vibrated and it was a text from Seulgi, asking if I’m free tonight.

 

I was walking while trying to think of what to reply when someone called out my name.

 

“Irene,” it said.

 

I put my phone back inside my bag and then turned around. There, I saw Joy approaching me. What is she doing in here?

 

“Uhm, hi?” I said to her.

 

She was wearing a smile yet I was feeling off. Something was bound to happen, I was sure of it.

 

We were standing at the balcony and people were looking at her. Well, I really couldn’t blame. Joy’s a head turner. And the blonde hair did a lot of help.

 

“Can we talk?” she said. I felt chills crept down my spine. That voice, that tone, it just made me nervous.

 

I nodded; after all, it was the only response that I could give. We went inside the lobby. Good thing no one was around. I motioned her to sit on the chair and she smiled at me.

 

She was playing with her fingers and biting her lips. I could tell from the looks of it that this was something serious.

 

“Irene,” she said. She, then, took deep breaths as if to calm herself.

 

“Can I talk to you about Seul?”

 

And right then and there, my breathing hitched. It was about Seulgi.

 

“W-What about her?” I asked.

 

She smiled at me. She’s really just beautiful.

 

“Can you help me, Irene?” she asked, her voice shaking. “Can you help me get back together with her?”

 

And then as if on cue, her tears fell. I was taken aback. I didn’t know what to do. My mind went blank and everything just felt like they collapsed.

 

“Pardon?”

 

“Please help me, Irene. She won’t talk to me, won’t listen to me. She just won’t see me. I’m desperate..” she said, holding my hands.

 

I hated this kind of thing. I’m no angel or whatsoever. Helping other people was never my thing but yet inside me, I pitied her. But at the same time I hated her.

 

“She won’t listen to my explanations. I already told her I am sorry and that I still love her but she won’t even look me in the eye.”

 

I wanted to tell her to stop it. Why is she being this desperate? Seulgi’s out of it yet she can’t accept it. When people want you out of their lives, stay out of it. They want you out for a reason. Just give them what they want.

 

“She hates you,” I whispered. But she heard it.

 

“I know. And it’s killing me.”

 

I stood up and got my things. “I can’t help you, Joy. She hates you and you should forget about her.” I said and then started to walk away.

 

But I heard her talk. And I shouldn’t have.

 

“She’s the one for me, Irene. No matter how hard she tries to push me away, I’ll still come back. I will always come back. That’s how it works.”

 

I turned three deep breaths and then turned to look at her. I mustered to be courageous as possible.

 

I am Bae Joohyun.

 

What’s mine is mine alone.

 

“But Seulgi’s mine now, Joy. Deal with the fact and move on… with her best friend because that’s how you roll.”