one

Affair

“Stop please, will you?” I said to Krystal. We’ve been here for what felt like an hour already and yet she’s still crying. If we had known any better, me and Rose shouldn’t come over here. We could have been enjoying our lives getting wasted in some bar, not here in Krystal’s condo, lending some tissue paper.

 

Rose just shrugged at me and lend some Krystal a tissue paper. I looked at our surrounding. Too many tissue papers!

 

“Let her be Irene. She just came out from a painful breakup. Be considerate.” She said.

 

I rolled my eyes.

 

Why would I be considerate? Right from the very beginning, we have gave her plenty of warnings about that damned woman. We already said that she shouldn’t date that girl. But no, she insisted on dating Kang Seulgi. And where did it get her? Here, inside her condo, wailing like some deranged woman.

 

We gave her almost a list of reasons as to why she shouldn’t purse that . I’ll provide a rundown of the things:

  1. She’s an .
  2. She’s snob
  3. She’s a total achiever
  4. She’s ing perfect and she knew it.

 

I could mention all that things. Yet she still fell for Seulgi. And then now she’s crying. I crossed my legs and arched my brow. Ugh Krystal is giving me such a headache.

 

“Is it my fault then? As I’ve said Kang Seulgi is no good yet you still insisted on dating her.” I said while she was shedding another batch of tears. Ugh.

 

“Will you stop crying Jung Soojung?!  You didn’t lose someone, okay?!”

 

If only I can slap this girl right now then I should just did it a while ago. I really can’t understand! Why is she crying over Seulgi? As If they've already reach their anniversary. They were together for just a week. Just a freaking week for god sake!

 

“I told you, I really do love her..” she reasoned while hysterically sobbing.

 

“Love my . You’re just lusting over her, Krys. Wake up to reality.” I said. I don’t care if she’s hurt. I was just trying to make her see why she shouldn’t waste her time crying for that girl. Maybe she’ll thank me later.

 

Rose laughed at me.

 

“What?” I snapped at Rose.

 

She shook her head. “Nothing, Irene. I was just wondering that why are you so angry at Seulgi? Is she also your ex?”

 

“What the ?” Is she crazy?

 

“Nothing, you’re just too pissed at the woman. You haven’t even met her personally yet.” Said Rose. I rolled my eyes at them and watched Krys wiping her tears with disgust. I will never cry over a boy or a girl. Not worth it.

 

“No need to met her in person, okay. Just hearing stories about her is enough for me to loathe the girl.” Rose’s smile turned into a grimace.

 

“Why don’t you meet her to know why our dear Krystal bawling her eyes out?” She smiled.

 

“Are you trying to match-make me and that Kang ‘’ Seulgi? because that isn’t happening, sister.” I said to her.

 

She lean at the sofa and then crossed her arms. “Oh, really. Bae Joohyun?”

 

My head is aching. I really don’t know why Rose became my friend. Well, no wants to befriend with me in university since I wasn’t that two-good-of-a-shoe. I was too much to handle for most of them. Rose and Krystal were my closest friends. So yeah.

 

I mimicked her tone. “Oh, really yes, Park Chaeyoung.”

 

Like it was planned, she clapped her hands. “Its’s settled then! You’re meeting Seulgi tonight!”

 

“What?”

 

She beamed at me and showed me her phone. It showed the schedule of the parties for the whole month. Rose’s a socialite that’s why she’s invited to every party. She’s just the one who like parties so much. Party is not my style. Same faces. Nothing new, not to mention the hangover every morning.

 

Wendy’s party

 

“It’s a blue and white party, okay? And for sure Seulgi will attend because it’s her sister’s party!” She said.

 

I shook my head and blindly agreed to her stupid plan. As if I’ll change my mind to Seulgi. So what if she’s good looking? There’s so many good looking here in Korea. I really don’t understand why they like that girl.

 

After a while, Krys calm down. Actually, she’s ecstatic about the idea of meeting Seulgi. She said that I shouldn’t fall in love with that girl. Crazy. I already saw Seulgi in picture. Okay fine she’s pretty… that’s it.

 

Rose and I will go home since Krys just calm down. We live together since we’re practically sisters. She was bugging me the whole night about Seulgi. I swear I thought she’s the wikipedia of Seulgi. She knows all about her!

 

Before I even know it, the morning rolled in. I should go to university since little by little I’ll be expelled due to excessive absences.

 

I walk in the parking lot and there, I saw Son Seungwan a.k.a Wendy flirting with yet her another victim. That woman is the worst. Super. I didn’t know why girls still like her despite the fact that she drops them like a hot potato right after sleeping with them. I knew her since she’s studying in the same university.

 

I’m here in the school, and things were normal as ever. School is boring. Or it’s because an exclusive school that’s why no one's here from another school. There’s no too much trouble in here. Most people came from elite family so that’s why. But Clubs? It’s like they turn into some wild animals

 

“I’m so excited!” squealed Rose when we drop in our unit. She’s been like that a while ago while driving home. I should’ve throw her in the highway. She’s so loud! “Wear that y dress, okay?”

 

“Whatever.”

 

We stayed for a while and left at 10pm. Parties start at 10pm, earliest. It’s so annoying if some ‘social climber’ will come in there. It’s obvious that they are desperate. They thought boys are serious with them. Those kinds of guys will have with them and then forget them. I have cousins like that. They are like some antidote for their itch.

 

We pass the convenience store and bought energy drink. Well school works are very hassle, maybe I’ll be just sleepy in there.

 

“Ready?” Rose said the moment the attendant ushered us in. She winked at me and then whispered in my ears what Seulgi is wearing and where she’s located.

 

After just a while, she bounced away. I didn’t look for the girl right away. Later I will. The night was still young.

 

“Tonic.” I said to the bartender.

 

I was observing the party, subtly looking for the target. She’s not yet in here yet her sister is there already with her another victim again.

 

“Not interested.” I said to anyone who dare to approach me. They’re drunk. I don’t have time to take care a drunk man. And I wasn’t interested in casual . No, thanks. I was too good for that kind of crap.

 

After a while, I came out of that party. I wasn’t able to handle the people flirting there. If they want just go to their rooms not in there. Ugh it’s giving me such a head ache.

 

“Seulgi, baby, please?”

 

“I don’t do my workmate, Nana. Stop kissing my neck.”

 

Goodness! What are they talking about?!

 

“I’ll resign just please, please… Please just one night.”

 

“You’re drunk. Just go home.” The girl said. I think it was Seulgi. Duh. I heard the desperate woman say her name.

 

“Stop opening my zipper! You have a boyfriend. Just go home.” Oh, heavens! I’m laughing in their conversation! Never thought Seulgi was this cool!

 

I was chuckling all by myself when I heard the door open. Oh my freaking gosh if it wasn’t bad to roll over in here, I just have to do it right now! That one was desperate attempt to get laid!

 

I was suppressing my laughter when I got inside where the woman came out. It was some kind of balcony on the second floor. A breath-taking sight to hold, I tell you.

 

“Hi.” I said. I was way too confident than being shy with her. I’m Bae Joohyun, why would I became shy in front of the people? Too conceited for that kind of crap.

 

She faced me and then nodded. Wow. She’s really something.

 

“I heard your conversation with that girl accidentally. It’s funny.” I commented.

 

She cocked her head. “You think so?”

 

I nodded.

 

“Well, no one’s asking for your opinion.” She said and then strutted away.

 

What the hell?