three

Affair

 

“Chill. As if you’ll pass that test.” Rose said. It’s night already and here we are here in the condo reviewing for our midterms since our exams are near and I prefer to study at night than in the morning, you’ll forget it anyway.

 

“Shut up, just keep on reviewing.”

 

Hours past and we're still not done yet. God my head hurts!

 

“Let’s eat Irene. I'm hungry.” Naeun said.

 

I laughed at her face, she looks pale!

 

“Don’t laugh, I’m really hungry.”

 

Not so long after, we arrived at the thai resto nearby. Rose was busy ordering tons of food when I realized Seulgi is in there too! Talk about coincidences.

 

I was caught up in looking at her from my distance when Rose touch me. She was snapping her fingers at me. I shooed her hands away and made some really lame excuse, and thank god she believed at my reason. Anyhow, I hide in the menu of the resto. I wouldn’t want for her to roll her eyes at me again!

 

She was talking to someone seriously.. she’s very serious. Just by looking at her, I feel scared or is it just her affect..

 

The order finally came but I really just had to have an excuse to be near in Seulgi’s table. Ugh since when I became a gossip one?

 

“I’ll just go in the washroom.” I said. I didn’t ever bother to wait for Rose’s reply.

 

So I did what I have to do. I walked like a freaking ninja until I reach the back side of their table. They were so engaged in the conversation so they didn’t even mind my presence.

 

They were so serious, I can’t hear their convo. But I heard some ‘annulment’ and ‘sorry’. What is this? Hidden wife of Seulgi? As far as my research about her went, there’s none!

 

Ugh, I’m really curious.

 

“No, Joy. We're already done.” She said, loud enough to hear me.

 

Damn! And it hit me. She’s Sooyoung? The great Park Sooyoung?!

 

I heard some sobbing, and I think it came from Joy. “B-but I already said that I’m sorry..”

 

My heart was racing in anticipation. It was like I was listening to some radio drama over here.

 

“Your sorry is not enough Joy. You left me embarrassed there alon—“

 

“So, this is about pride, Seulgi? That damned pride that you can’t forgive me?”

 

Joy’s words were sharp as knives. Every time there’s a word coming out from is giving me a nervous feeling. But I feel sorry for Seulgi. She was left at the altar together with all the humiliation. No wonder she felt all this coldness towards her.

 

“Pride? , Joy, you left me at our goddamned wedding! You could have done better. You should tell me that you’ve changed your mind! You shouldn’t make fun of me Joy! What? Are you happy? Because you make fun of me?” she said. Even though her voice is calm you can feel her anger… and the pain. She was still hurting.

 

“That’s why I said I’m sorry Seulgi! Can’t we put this behind us?”

 

There was a beat of silence.

 

“No, Joy. I still love you but I love you differently now. I can’t even look you in the eyes without getting mad and frustrated.” She said.

 

“Every time I see you, I remember how you left me. Five years, Joy.  I don’t want to trust you again for what you did. You turned me into a heartless bastard who couldn’t even feel anything but hatred.”

 

I covered my mouth with my hands from what I’ve heard. Here she was, baring herself enough to know why she’s being like this all the time. Now, I couldn’t exactly blame her for being so mad at the world.

 

Sorry, Seulgi. Sorry because you fell in love with her. But not all the girls are like her..

 

“I’ll get your trust again, Seulgi. I’m really sorry for what I did, trust me please..”

 

“Sorry, Joy but no. I forgive but I never forget.” And that was the last thing she said before standing up.

 

I could hear her footsteps getting louder.. same with my beating heart. Damn it! 

 

She stopped right in front of me. Not again!

 

“Don’t you have to do in your life? Why are you always following me?” she said and then walked away .. not before rolling her eyes at me. 

 

I watched her walk away, completely and utterly humiliated. Another point in your humiliation chart, Irene! Way to go!

 

I returned at our table looking really frustrated.

 

“Problem, Bae?” She said while happily enjoying her Thai pod.

 

I shook my head. I don’t want to tell it to her, she’ll laugh at me again.

 

I’m quite while were eating. Even after eating and at our condo, I can’t focus at my studies. Damn it Seulgi!

 

“I’ll go out.” I announced. I pick my phone up and searched for Seulgi whereabouts! Sorry but technology’s really awesome. I found her because of phone tracker.

 

She was there, drinking by herself in the corner. She was so serious and at the same time sad. Sometimes, she's hard to read.. I was asking myself why am I even trying but I don’t get any answers. What a heart wants, a heart wants.

 

I walk towards her. I was preparing for the blow, or for the snarky remark. She was still Kang Seulgi, after all.

 

“What do you want?” she said while drinking her wine.

 

I gave her a small smile. “You can talk to me.” I whispered. I’m still shy at her.

 

“If this is about what you heard, you can go now. I don’t want to talk about that.” She said dismissively. She still continue to pour the wine in her glass.

 

The sweet music of Bossa nova was serenading us. I sat down beside her. I was unwanted and unwelcome but she needs someone to talk to.

 

“I said leave me alone. Are you deaf?”

 

I took a huge breath. “I’m bothered from what I’ve heard a while ago. So please do me a favor and talk to me, will you?”

 

She shrugged after I said that. Way to go, Irene.

 

She cocked her arrogant head to my side. “Are you sure? Miss, I don’t have plans to fall in love. Right now just stop following me.”

 

Damn this woman! I’m so amaze on her! 

 

“Sorry for laughing. Are you really that straight-forward?” I said to her.

 

She ignored me and gulp a one shot of her wine. She even crossed her legs! Damn! She’s just really hot, isn't she?

 

“I don’t want you to trust me. Will you just go away?” she said.

 

“Why? Based from experience?” I said, mocking her.

 

She smiled at my statement. First time! “Touche.”

 

I winked at her. “I’m just awesome.” I said. Finally, I feel comfortable with her.

 

“Still not talking about your ex-fiancee?” I asked her.

 

She shook her head. “Don’t wanna talk about her.”

 

“Why? Do you still love her?” I asked.

 

“Why? Are you jealous?  Are you in love with me?”