five

Affair

 

I looked at her with disbelief in my eyes. Is she serious?

 

“Please Irene.” Krystal pleaded. Like me, Rose just shrugged. Sometimes we really don’t know what’s going on with Krystal.

 

“I’m sure it will be fun!” She said. I rolled my eyes at her for the third time. I shook my head.

 

“I don’t like. And one thing, do I look like I love that fraternity thingy?”

 

“But it’s for a good cause!”

 

“Still a no.” I said.

 

She’s forcing me to go to that fraternity event. Going to that depressed area and will teach the kids. That’s a good thing but I really don’t like that stuff. It makes me sick.

 

Rose stopped from typing on her loptop, stretched, and said,

 

“Krys, my dear Krystal, you know that Irene is a total . She’ll never go to that place. She has a germ phobia you know.” She laughed. Why is it such a big deal?

 

After a while, Kyrstal gave up. Thank God! She’s so persistent when she wants to and right now she’s persistent annoying.

 

We finished our group work in a one course when she suddenly squeal.

 

“Oh my God!” she said while looking at her phone. She was squealing like a puppy! Is it sure that she’s a daughter of a respected politician? Not obvious.

 

“Oh my God!” She said again. I shrugged and get my red nail polish.

 

“Irene, you seriously need to join!” She said with her eye glistening like diamonds. Seriously?

 

I was concentrating on putting the nail polish when she said something that made me stop.

 

“Seulgi will be there too! Wait did I mention that it was their frat that were paired up into that event?”

 

Damn it! By the mere mention of her name, I’m affected. Will you still remain calm, Irene? You’re not a member of that erted group or what you call. If you’ll degrade yourself, in A class stalker okay?

 

Even Rose who’s innocent on typing on her term paper, stopped. See? The effect of the sisters. Gosh, it’s unbelievable!

 

“Now what? Have you change your mind?” She said.

 

I closed my eyes, took a really deep breath and nodded.

 

“What time is that?” And there, they started berating me like crazy!

 

“6am, call time, In the Alumni’s house and then briefing session and stuff. By 8am, we should be at designated area.” She explained.

 

“6am? It’s too early.” I said. She just shrugged. This evil, little witch! She already knows that once she mention Seulgi’s name, I’ll join.

 

Our day ended abruptly since we need to sleep.

 

The next day, we were prepared. I tucked my phone deep in my shoulder bag, it’s too scary nowadays. And why was I being so negative? Nothing. I was brought up this way by my parents.

 

“Game?” Rose said before igniting the engine. I shrugged and off we go.

 

The music of Beyonce was blasting through the stereo when we arrived. There’s no people out here. Here we were, we woke up so early in the morning because the time said it was 6am and it turned out that there are less than 15 people present in here. By the way where is Krystal? She said she’s already here.

 

“Hey, Seulgi's there.” She said.

 

I turned in the direction where Rose is pointing at and true enough. Seulgi is in there looking like an art in denim shorts and white v-neck shirt. How could she manage to look so divine in that outfit?!

 

“Stop drooling Irene, I know that Seulgi is so ing hot-“

 

“Shut you .” I glared at her. 

 

Rose suddenly disappeared when I went inside of the Alumni’s house to buy a coffee. I figured this was going to be a long day so might as well be prepared. I was holding the cup of freshly brewed coffee when I meet Wendy. She just smiled and nodded at me and then she continued to walk with her classmates. Well, good news then. She don’t need me and I don’t need her. I even put a lock on my zipper, for her information.

 

I went down stairs and begun to search for Rose. She’s not answering my calls and also Krys. Great, what will I do now?

 

“Okay, since you all filled up the attendance sheet, we already have a groupings.” The event head said the groupings. I’m just standing in the side, waiting for my name to be mentioned. Ah, I don’t care I’ll just transfer at Rose’s group.

 

The list was kind of long since 15 per people per team and there were like 6 schools included.

 

“.. and Bae Joohyun.” She said. Oh well.

 

I plugged my earphones on and waited for further instructions. Suddenly, I felt someone sit beside me. There was no need to turn since I knew her that well.

 

“Wendy.” I said,

 

She showed me her playgirl smile.

 

“I did good, huh?” She said.

 

“What?”

 

She stretched out and her black v-neck shirt somehow went up and I saw her chiseled abs. I looked away. God damn it! Is it required that when Seulgi is wearing a white shirt, then Wendy is wearing black?

 

“I purposedly put you and Seulgi in a one place. Nice, huh?” She said and winked at me.

 

My mouth fell open. We were together and I’m not even aware?!

 

She pushed my forehead with her fingers.

 

“I told you, you should listen to me but all you just do is to be a feisty girl. And about you and Seulgi, don’t worry. I’ll be out of your way.” She said.

 

My mind was still digesting the idea.

 

She stood up and I touched her hand. Don’t leave yet.

 

“Why are you doing this?” I asked her.

 

She looked at my hand that was on hers then she answered me.

 

“She deserves a new shot at love.” She said. She looked at me head to toe.

 

“And you don’t look too bad either.” She said as she push my hands away in a gentle way.

 

Is she comparing me with Joy? What the.. okay she's beautiful with that blonde hair of that Joy. Duh if I knew better that was fake blonde.

 

We entered our van and we started to travel to that place.

 

Wendy looked at me when she sat down. There are few unfamailiar faces and it looks like they know each other already so she introduced me.

 

“Guys, this is Irene. Be nice to her, she’s my friend.” She said.

 

In an instant, their mood change. They became all good. What happened?

 

I was wondering aimlessly when Seulgi spoke beside me. Oh. Did I forgot to mention that she’s just beside me since Wendy introduced me? Yes. Wendy’s a scheming . It’s obvious that she wants me and Seulgi to be close.

 

“Wendy’s the president of the frat.” She said.

 

I looked at Wendy and then Seulgi. What?!

 

“Sometimes your stupidity amazes me.” Seulgi shrugged at me.

 

“Hey! That’s offensive!”

 

The van was travelling to our destination but still, Seulgi and I were arguing. She’s really mean. 

 

“I meant that as an offense.” She said again.

 

“You’re mean.”

 

“I know.” She said. “I’m bipolar.”

 

“What?” After that she did not speak again.

 

She put her hands on her lap.

 

“Sometimes I’m so confused by myself.” She said.

 

I laughed. Omg she’s adorable.

 

She looked at me while I’m laughing. Sorry, she’s just too cute when she said that. Thank god that the people in here have their own world or else they might think i'm crazy.

 

“Why are you laughing?”

 

“It’s because it’s like you have a big problem.” I said, in midst of hysterical laughter.

 

She nodded. “It’s big though. I’m so tired to see a girl cry for me.”

 

“Why don’t you ask your sister? It looks like she’s an expert one when letting the girls down.” I said.

 

This felt good. It looks like we're friends.

 

She looked at Wendy and shook her head. “No she’s not.”

 

“Huh?”

 

She smiled. “Nothing.” She said. The van stopped and went out. There are so many kids!  She looked at me and she maybe noticed that I’m not happy when I saw the kids. She went near me and leaned in.

 

“You don’t like kids?” She asked. I shook my head.

 

“Well, too bad because I like them.”

 

“And, so?”

 

She smiled at me. “I think you’re really not for me, Irene. How can I build a basketball team when you don’t like kids?”

 

And that left me with my mouth hanging open.