Chapter 4

Blank Space

CHAPTER 4

 

           "Why are we here again?" Dara asked for the nth time since her manager friend told her they are going to this place. When Jjangmae texted her earlier she thought they are going to discuss about her offer to join roommate but to her surprise he brought to the resto she didn't want to be in.  

           Jjangmae shrugged "I just want to treat you tonight and I know you've been craving for japanese foods. So, here we are"

           Dara eyed Jjangmae suspiciously, she can't help it, Jjangmae seldom treat her with foods! Seriously, her manager will give her presents but will seldom treat her to eat, he hates sharing his foods! "Spill it out Jjangmae-ah, you know I won't buy this." She lean her back on the chair, arms cross while her eyes didn't leave Jjangmae who's now fidgeting on his seat.

           "Er, I know you don't like going to this place because of that man, but this is the only restaurant with good Japanese and Korean cruisine that is safe from the fans." Jjangmae reasoned out.

           “Really?”

           "W-well----" Jjangmae words was cut off with a very jovial greeting courtesy of her their friend Marshall.

           "Hello! Ate! Hello! Jjangmae!" Dara frowned seeing him, and this time her suspicion just increased. 

           "What's with the frown ate? Aren't you happy to see me?" Marshall pouted at the unwelcoming atmosphere of her. Well, it's not that she's not happy to see him, it's the fact that Jjangmae invited him without her knowledge and every time he does it, something is up and she's sure of it. It's all started when Jiyong and she broke up.

           "I would have been if not for a fact that you're in it again." She calmly said. "So, who is it this time?"

           Marshall smile sheepishly this time. "Uhm...Well, looks like you already knew what we’re up to, but sorry to disappoint you ate, this dinner is just a normal one, Jjangmae and I just really want to spend some time with you, and he text me about your offer to join roommate. I want to know personally if you’re going to accept the offer, it would be quiet exciting don’t you think? Just like your 2ne1 tv, though you will be living with new people.

           Dara look intently at him to see if he’s really saying the truth. “Right, but I haven’t decided about it yet.”

          “Oh! Is that so, but I think so should accept it ate.”

          “I’ll think about it, anyway you guys order for our foods now I’ll just go to the restroom.” She said subtly dismissing the topic before leaving the two. She asked one of the waiter where the restroom is and was guided kindly to where it is located.

         

 

 

             

              

 

 

 

 

 

               Dara is on her way back to the vip room from the restroom when she accidentally bump into someone, she wasn’t looking on her way because she’s busy rummaging on her purse that she didn’t saw the person coming into her way.

            “I’m sorry. I’m really sorry” She bowed apologizing not looking at the person.

            “Dara Noona?” Said the person she bumped into, her brow furrowed with what the person called her and she slowly looked up to see who it is and was surprised to see Kim Junsu standing in front of her with a shock expression.

            “Oh! Junsu-ah! Hello!” She greeted after she recovered from the surprise seeing one fourth of JYJ member there. Well, it’s not like she actually know the other two personally, it was only Junsu who become her friend after those couple of times she watch his musicals courtesy of her Gummy unnie who happened to be with the same company and a friend of Junsu.

           “What are you doing here noona? And who are you with?” Junsu asked her, and looks worried? She’s not sure why though.

           “Hmm…Well, I’m here to eat of course. Marshall and Jjnagmae decided to treat me, so who am I to decline such generous offer.” She grinned. “Anyway, How about you? Why are you here? And who are you with? She curiously asked.

            Junsu smiled at her. “I’m also here to eat with my friends! And Gummy noona is also here.

            Hearing Gummy’s name, Dara’s eyes glint with excitement. She hasn’t seen her unnie for more than a month and she really wanted to see her. “She’s with you? Can I go to your vip room? I really wanted to see unnie.” She looked at him expectedly.

           “Sure noona, c’mon I’ll take you to her.” Junsu ushered her to their room quietly. They reached the room and she noticed that it’s just one room away from where they are staying.

            Junsu went in first and she waited him to call her. “Gummy noona, you have a visitor.” She heard Junsu said, she didn’t see who’s inside the room because she stayed behind his back.

            “A visitor? Here?” Gummy asked a bit surprise and she can’t help but smile.

            “Yes! Here she is.” Junsu slowly step to the side to show her. And Gummy immediately stood up from her sit and hug her tightly the moment she showed herself. She notice that she’s alone in the room and she can’t help being curious to where are the other people she’s with.

            “Dara! Gosh! You’re here!”

            “Annyeong unnie!” Dara hug her back and smile gleefully.

            “How have you been? It’s been a while since the last time we saw its other. C’mon! Let’s sit first.”

            “I’m fine unnie, but I can’t stay here, I’m with Marshall and Jjangmae just a room away from here.

            “Oh! Then, we can just invite them also right Junsu?” Gummy turned to the latter who’re now sitting comfortably while taking a sip on what she thinks is a wine.

            “Of course, the more the merrier and it would be awesome to see the stars truck faces of those who will arrive here once they saw Dara noona. They wanted to see her up close for a long time now.”

             Dara’s a bit hesitant to accept the invitation because she doesn’t know who are the people or rather friends that with them but seeing her unnie’s hopeful expression, and then when she took a glance on Junsu, he smile at her encouragingly.

            “Is it okay though? What will your friends say when they saw us here? Wouldn’t it be awkward?”

            “Don’t worry about them noona, they will be happy to see you here, I’m sure of that.” Junsu even wink at her.

            “Okay, I’ll join you here, but I’ll fetch the two first.”

            “I’ll just fetch them noona, you just stay here so you can have a little catching up with Gummy noona.” Junsu didn’t wait for her reply and went to out to get her own friends, she can do anything but sit when her unnie ushered her on the chair. The moment they sat though, Gummy face her seriously.

             “Are you okay now Darong-ah?” She stared at Gummy straight on the eyes and smiled, she exactly knew what her question all about is. She saw the concern on Gummy’s face and it warms her heart.

             “I’m okay now unnie, more than okay actually, It’s been more than a year you know. Although there’s still a little bit pain, but I guess it won’t fade easily since our break up history isn’t really good. But time heals all wounds as they say, so I’ll just wait for that time when I actually wake in the morning where I’ll be free from all those bitter memories he left me.” It’s easy for her to bear what she truly feels to Gummy, she’s the one of those people she confide whatever troubles her anyway.

             “I’m glad to hear that, actually until now I still can’t understand why Jiyong is with that girl, she’s so ordinary to be very honest.” Gummy shook her head and leaned her back.

             She just shrugged. “That’s what they all said.”

             “I still want to see what Dongwook would do to that foolish kid.” She saw Gummy smirk by a mere thought and it’s her turn to shakes her head to her unnie.

             “I don’t even want to know, especially now that Wookie still coping up from his own break-up.”

             “You’re right, it never really occur to me that those two would not end up together.” She sighed sadly remembering the break-up of her two dearest friends.

             “Me too.”Her only replied.

              They both stop with their conversation when they heard a voice that she recognized Marshall’s voice and just then her two friends with Junsu leading them emerge from the door that looks like they’re having a little chit chat base on Marshall’s animated expression and Junsu’s smiling face.

             “Gummy noona! I’m so happy to see here! How have you been?” Marshall instantly hugs Gummy the moment he set his eyes on her while Jjangmae just wave at her.

             “I’m so glad to see you too, c’mon on you sit here as we wait for our companies to arrive.” The two immediately settled their selves comfortably on the chair.

             “So, who were your friends that will come here noona?” Marshall queried.

             “Not really sure, I was just also invited by Yoochunie. He wants to treat us for his successful movie.” Gummy impishly smiled making Dara’s eyes bulge at the information.

             “What!? Unnie!” She can’t help whining. It would be very awkward to join it since they aren’t really invited to that intimate party’s host. ”What will Yoochun-shi said if he saw us here? He didn’t even know us.” She worriedly asked.

             “You worry too much Darong, just sit comfortably; me and Junsu invite you so act with your normal self.”

             “Gummy noona is right Dara noona, and believe me, Yoochun hyung won’t even mind having you here, he will even more thankful once he saw you here.” Junsu reassured.

              Dara stared at them poutingly, not fully convinced but decided not to contradict since she really wanted spend time with her unnie, and maybe, just maybe she will be able to meet another set of friends with these people.

              They then waited for not more than 20 minutes when her unnie and Junsu’s friends starting to arrive. She saw how shock when they saw her, but despite the shock expression, they all gave her a sincere smile and warm greetings. Her anxiousness is starting to disappear because of how kind these people are showing to him, but there’s a bit worry since Yoochun and two more people isn’t there. So, while waiting she was engage in a conversation with newly arrive people. She actually quite enjoy conversing with them but there's this agitated feeling she can't understand somehow. And it was answer when she turned her head on the door and saw three of the most handsome faces in the entertainment, but her eyes were focus to a particular person. It's makes a lot of effort to turn her head from that person, if she doesn't just afraid to get caught gaping at him, she wouldn't even tear her gaze but her refutation won't let her. So, before the three notice her, she simply leaned so Marshall can cover her and so she can get her self back. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

LOVE

SJangels