Chapter 8

Blank Space

          

Chapter 8

 

 

          Days passed in a blur and now Dara is preparing her things to bring in her new house for the next 3 months. She’s choosing carefully what clothes she should bring, Jjangmae told her that this season will be very different from the first one, he also said that they will not be working as an idol but work as what common people does, even their house isn’t as extravagant as the season 1 has.

        

          Her mind were actually occupied by the past events happened between her and Jaejoong, especially the last one where he left her without even saying goodbye! She was really taken aback on what he did but at the same time intrigue with his odd behavior. Although he talks to her like he doesn’t like her, she saw him looking at her with something she can’t explain but enough to make her heart beat erratically. It’s like the contrast on how he acted every time the talk. She sighed recalling it just tried to focus on what she’s currently doing.

 

          “Ate! Need help packing your things?” She turned to her newly arrived sister and shook her head.

 

         “No, I’m also done anyway.” Despite what she said Durami still went inside her room sat on her bed.

 

        “So, you will be gone for 3months just for this show ate?” He baby sis queried.

 

        “Yes, 3 months we will be staying in a house which an average people live and work like they did, though we will be acting with our normal selves inside the house, outside we will be in disguise to avoid people from recognizing us while we’re doing our assigned work.” She explained.

 

        “Wow! That’s sounds exciting! Totally different from the previous one. Did you know who are the others cast already?” Durami excitedly asked.

 

        “That’s what actually making me nervous, I don’t have any idea who am I going to be housemates. What if they don’t like me?” She worriedly said.

 

        “Don’t worry ate, you’ll be good, you always does and for sure whoever your housemates won’t be able to resist your natural charm.” Dara smiled at her baby sister and hugged her. “Thanks baby sis, you will know what to say.”

 

        Durami chuckled and hugged her back. “Of course!I learned from the best. Anyway, I’ll go down first ate, I’m going to help mom bake some cookies so you can bring it to your housemates.”

 

       “Okay, I’ll help too once I finished this.”

 

        After Durami left, she continues putting her things on her luggage; it took another 20 minutes before she completely put all of it in her suitcase. She excitedly went downstairs to she to help her mother and sister cooking even though she isn’t good at it, she still love helping them as another form of their bonding time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

       

 

         The Park Family is in the living room enjoying their afternoon snack when the youngest spoke. “Noona, do you know where will be the location of the house you’re going to use?” Sanghyun asked without looking at his big sister.

 

        “Nope! Jjangmae said it’s a surprise.” Dara casually replied as she took a bite on her lasagna.        

         

        “Well, good luck on that noona, I hope you enjoy on that show.”

           

        “Just be yourself baby krung and you’ll be alright, and just like your brother said enjoy, even if it’s work.” The matriarch remindingly said.

          “Don’t worry mom! I will do just what you said.”

 

          “And ate, if there’s someone who will try to hit on you, don’t reject him okay? Just let him show you what he can offer for you.” Dara and Sanghyun looked at their sister unbelievably.

          “Yah! Little noona! What are you saying to Big noona? She can’t entertain suitors while working.” The young park said.

 

           Durami’s eyebrow rose at his little brother. ”And why not? It’s part of getting to know each other, you get to know them on and of the cam, and it’s not like I told unnie to receive his affection there and then. I just want her to let those poor guys have a chance, and it’s time for unnie to look for a suitable man she can marry, she’s not getting any younger you know. So, stop being a er baby brother, right mom?”

 

         “Well, Durami has a point, and you’re in your 30’s now.” Park mom subtly said.

 

         “Mom!” Sanghyun protested.

 

         “I’m still here guys; you’re talking about my love life as if I’m not here.” Dara glared at her siblings.

 

        “But baby krung, you must consider Durami’s suggestion.” Her mother said and winked at her.

 

        “Mom!” She whined.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          That night Dara got a call from her manager giving her further information about her new work.

          

          “So, you where saying, we will just film the room ‘till the end before it aired?” She asked, as she curled on her sofa bed eyes on her t.v screen as she was watching some movie before she took the phone.

    

          “Yes, according to the information I gathered, it’s for the guest star protection since you will be working like a normal people but of course you will be wearing some disguises when you are out so you won’t be recognize.” Jjangmae inform her from the other line.

 

         “Wow! So, this isn’t really a normal roommate we watched and it looks like very challenging huh! We will be acting like our normal self inside the house but not when we were outside. I’m starting to like this.”  

 

         “And the good thing about this is, all the profits you will get in working will be given to a charity institution.”

 

         “That’s good to know, at least we will take this seriously even though it’s a reality tv show.”

 

         “Right. So, I’ll be fetching you at exactly 7am tomorrow since the location the house you will be using is a 3 hours drive. And bring some of your weird clothes, it might be useful.” Jjangmae remind her.

 

        “Okay.” She said. “Oh! Wait! How about my roommates? Did you know who they are?”

 

        “Well, I have a little info about who they are but not gonna tell you. All I can say is they are all nice and very heart-warming people just like you.” Dara groaned as she sense her managers’ teasing tone.

 

        “Jjangmae!” She can’t help whining.

       

        “Aish! Don’t worry about who they are, just prepare whatever comes out of it, what’s the use of surprise if I will reveal their identity. Anyway, gotta go, need to run some errands. See you tomorrow Sandy!” And just like that, the line was cut and Dara gawked at her phone and shakes her head.

 

          Seriously, sometimes I didn’t know what to think about him as my manager, others will be like give you all the information just so you won’t mess while you’re in front of the camera that can ruin your image while this manager of mine won’t disclose even a little info. about my soon to be housemates/roommates just for the sake of surprises. Weird, really weird. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

LOVE

SJangels