Chapter 2

Then Came You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Yunho could hear the office phone ringing when he stepped out of his truck in front of his shop. By the second ring, he realized that his assistant must be out for lunch.

 He quickly unlocked the door and sprinted for the desk.

 “Husbands for hire.” he said into the phone.

 There was a pause.

 “Hello?” he said.

 ‘Uh, yes, I would like to speak to the manager, please.’ A man said in a pleasantly soft voice.

 “Speaking.” Yunho was also a foreman, owner and, from the looks of things, the receptionist.

 ‘My name is Kim Jaejoong. I saw your ad in the paper and would like to hire one of your men for the weekend.’

 ‘His men?’ He had two part-time assistant who helped him when he got behind on his work orders.

 “Is this some kind of emergency, Mr., uh, Kim? We’re backed up on our jobs. If you have a plumbing problem, I’m sure we can have it taken care of without working the entire weekend.”

 There was a silence on the other end of the line before the man finally said, “I don’t have a plumbing problem.”

 “Well, maybe if you tell me what your problem is, I could give you some idea when I’d be able to come to your home.”

 ‘This is really very difficult, Mr. uh…’

 “Yunho. Jung Yunho.”

‘Mr. Jung, would it be possible to meet with you this afternoon and discuss the matter? It’s rather urgent.’

 Yunho looked down to his stained Levi’s, the torn sleeve on his shirt and his battered work boots. He’d make one hell of an impression looking like this. He gave a mental shrug.”Sure. Just give me your address and I’ll......”

 “I’m staying at a hotel downtown.” he said hurriedly, and gave him the name of the hotel.

 ‘My God.  He must have a bigger problem than I had guessed if he’d had to move out of the house’. Yunho looked at his watch. “Right. I should be there in about half an hour.”

He heard the other person give a sigh of obvious relief. ‘That will be fine. I’ll meet you in the lobby.’

 “Why don’t you give me a description of yourself, so I’ll know who I’m looking for.”

 ‘Oh! Of course, I wasn’t thinking. I’ll be wearing a dark green suit and black hair.’

 ‘A suit in August?’ Well, he guessed it took all kinds.

 “What do you look like?” he asked.

 “I’ll be wearing work clothes, brown hair.” A brief description.

 'Oh,' He chuckled. 'Yes, of course. I’ll see you soon, Mr Jung.' He hung up the phone.

 Yunho replaced the cordless phone just as his assistant came sailing into the office.

 “Sorry I’m late.” She said, which was the way she started every conversation they’d had in the fifteen months she’d worked for him.

 “Am I scheduled for anything tomorrow?” Yunho asked.

She sat down and opened the appointment book. “You are supposed to go to Mr. Donghe’s place in the morning to give him an estimate on building deck….. then play golf with him in the afternoon.”

 He and Lee Donghe had gone to school together. If he had to, he could cancel the golf date, and do the estimate on Monday. He’d wait to see what kind of emergency Mr. Kim had before calling Donghe.

 Yunho went back out to his truck and poked around behind the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter