Chapter 11

Then Came You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong shivered, feeling as though he was in some sort of nightmare from which he couldn’t wake up. He didn’t understand all the emotions that had surfaced this weekend and he couldn’t handle it. How could he have lost sight of his goal completely? His work was his life and he never let anything interfere in between. And now, how could one man wipe his brain clean of everything that he had worked so hard to accomplish? Seeing Yunho standing there, watching him and waiting for his respond shook him. He couldn’t think.

“I don’t know what to say.” Jaejoong finally admitted, trying to be honest with Yunho. He had no idea where the truth lay at the moment.

Yunho frowned.  “What kind of answer is that?”

 “An honest one.”

Yunho didn’t comment right away. When he did, Jaejoong flinched at the bitterness in his tone. “I see. You left it a little late to practice honesty, but I suppose now is as a good time to begin as any.”

“This weekend was very special to me.” Jaejoong said, his voice shaking.

“I should hope so. I’d hate to think that it didn’t matter to you.”

Jaejoong could feel his temper flare and he fought to contain it. “Look, we obviously have same issues that need to be address, but I don’t have the time for it right now. I need to check out of the hotel and get to the airport. Maybe….” He paused, thinking about his hectic schedule.

Yunho waited for him to speak. When Jaejoong didn’t, he sighed and said, “I guess you’ve answered my question.” He reached for the door.

“Why are you angry?” Jaejoong asked, coming towards him.

Yunho paused and looked at him for a long time before answering. “That’s a very good question and I’m not certain I know all the reasons. I suppose I’m really angry with myself. I didn’t fully understand what being a husband for hire really meant to you.” He nodded toward the bed. “For some reason I didn’t expect what happened to be a part of the description.” He patted his pocket where he’d placed the folded cheque. “I guess I can’t complaint at the pay, though.”

“You know very well I’m not paying you for what happened between us!” Jaejoong’s anger was overcoming his misery at what he saw is happening between them. He didn’t know how to stop it. He glanced at his watch.

“Sorry to be dragging this out, Mr. Kim. I don’t want to take up anymore of your val

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter