Chapter 13

Then Came You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What’s that suppose to mean?” Myungsoo asked impatiently.

 “It means,“ Jaejoong said in an even voice, “that I am not married, nor have been married. I’m still single.”

 Myungsoo laughed. “Very funny. You must have forgotten that we’ve already met Chulson.”

 “No. You all met a man by the name of Jung Yunho who was kind enough to fill in for me when I thought I needed someone to introduce as my husband.”

Myungsoo stared at him as though he had suddenly started speaking in tongues. It didn’t take long for him to say, “But he stayed with you during the weekend, didn’t he?”

 Jaejoong smiled. “That’s right, he did.” He said and watched Myungsoo ears turned red. "I'm sorry that I'd dissapointed you."

 “Why tell us you were married if you aren’t?” Myungsoo asked.

 “I was under the impression that I wouldn’t get the promotion without it. I wanted the promotion. Therefore I invented a husband.”

 “Sounds like a dumb thing to do.”  Myungsoo said with a shrug. He stared at Jaejoong. “I don’t like the idea that you lied to us, Jaejoong.”

 “Neither do I, which is why I decided to admit the truth. If you want someone else to take over the Busan operation, let me know.” With that Jaejoong walked out of the office, closed the door quietly behind him and almost skipped down the hall.

He couldn’t believe how relieved he felt. So what if they fired him? Wasn’t it discrimination to require a certain marital status as a job requirement? Now he didn't care anymore.

Meeting Yunho had been the best thing that had ever happened to him. He wanted so badly to call and share with him what he had just done. Then he reminded himself that Yunho ignored his massages. Almost  four months has passed since he’d been in Busan. There was no reason to believe that he was still out of town, the only excuse he had been able to cling to during those first weeks.

Jaejoong found Yunho’s business card where he kept it in his top drawer. He’d memorized his phone numbers weeks ago, but he continued to look at the card and smile at the whimsical name of his company. Its battered condition revealed how often he handled the card. He ran his finger across his name and wished that it were him he touched.

He missed him so much. He tried to tell himself that his preoccupation with him was due to the fact that he was the first person he’d ever allowed to become close to him, emotionally as well as physically. In the past several weeks he’d fallen into habit of mentally talking to him, sharing the odd things that came up in his day-to-day existence. He really missed him.

A tap is heard at his office door.

“Yes. Come in.” His eyes still at his computer screen.

“Jaejoong, do you have a minutes? I think we need to talk.” Jaejoong was surprised it was Myungsoo.

“Sure. Please have a seat.”

“I’m very disappointed in you.” Myungsoo paused as though waiting for Jaejoong to comment. When Jaejoong didn’t, he went on. “Who did you say we met in Busan?”

“Jung Yunho. Why do you ask? You don’t belie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter