Chapter 1

Then Came You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Kim Jaejoong stepped outside Gimhae International Airport, Busan, at noon on Friday. He found his glasses and put them on before looking around for the taxi stand. As soon as he spotted it, he walked to the nearest taxi stand and turned over his suitcase to the driver. Once inside the cab, he gave the driver the name of the hotel where he had reservation for the weekend. According to Yoona, his assistant, the hotel was located in downtown Busan.

 He settled back in the seat and watched as the driver guided the car smoothly through the congestion around the airport. He mentally reviewed his dilemma for the umpteenth times in hopes of uncovering a glimmer of a solution before that evening.

 Two years ago he’d succeeded beyond his wildest imaginings. He’d been promoted to management, that magical area that placed him in the corporate echelon of decision-making and implementation for Shinhwa, Ltd future.

 It was at that time in his career that he chose to invent white lie imaginable. It should have in no way impacted his life, or so he’d optimistically thought at that time.

Now, twenty four months later, he could recognize the fallacy in his thinking. A great time to discover he’d made a disastrous mistake that now threatened his entire career.

When he heard that he was being considered for the promotion into higher management level, he was taken aside before his interview and warned that there was a reason why he might not receive the promotion. The reason was the silliest thing he had ever heard in this day and age.

Park Myungsoo, founder and president of Shinhwa, Ltd., strongly believed that, management personnel should be chosen for their stability as well as their ability. Yes, he had the impressive work history. Yes, he had shown himself to be loyal to the company. And yes, he was the most qualified for the position.

However, and this was what had thrown him a curve when the unspoken rule was whispered to him – he had serious handicap in Myungsoo’s view – he wasn’t married.

 What did being married have to do with his qualification for the job? Was Myungsoo was out of his mind? Later, he found out that Myungsoo’s reason was simple – an executive weighed down with responsibility was an executive who would work harder to keep the job.

Jaejoong was shocked and disappointed when he heard this piece of revelations. For one thing, he had no social life from which to flirt. For him, his job was his life since his first day at work. He’s marr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter