The Twins are gone

All I Want for Christmas is ... You?!

Donghae’s P.O.V.

 

Donghae woke up at five in the morning at his second day of Christmas vacation.

Grinning happily, he got up, took a shower and ate some cornflakes for his breakfast, before he got ready and headed to the orphanage.

He was welcomed by a smiling Elisabeth Smith, who took him into a hug.

 

How are you today Donghae?”, she asked.

 

I am feeling fine, thank you Lissy.”

 

After Charly had given him some stuff to think about yesterday, he came to the conclusion, that is was the best for him to just be himself and let time do the rest.

Being satisfied with his honest answer, the older woman moved and showed him to get in. Smiling back at her, Donghae left his shoes at the doorstep and walked into the kitchen.

 

Charly was already waiting for him, giving him a big hug.

 

Good morning boy. So how are you today?”, she asked in her carefree way.

 

Donghae couldn’t help but burst out into laughter.

 

Haha seriously, I am sorry, but how can the two of you be so alike?”

 

The two woman looked at each other a little bit confused but decided to let it pass for now.

They were happy to see their friend enjoying himself again, after he seemed to be so down yesterday. Calming down little by little, Hae got back to a normal state of mind, although a big grin never left his face.

 

You really look happy today Donghae”, Elisabeth commented, watching him as he took an apron and headed to the kitchen worktop to prepare breakfast for the kids.

He smiled at her and took a knife, cutting some fruits.

 

That’s because I really am happy today, Lissy. I had a lot of thinking to do last night, thanks to Charly, but I figured some important things out and now I am able to focus again. You two helped me pretty much yesterday, so thank you for that”, he shyly admitted and got back to work.

 

You know you can always count on us, young man. You do so much for us, the orphanage and the children so it is all we can give as a pay back. Apart from that you became family over the years and you know what families are there for, don’t you?”

 

Sending her a warm and thankful gaze, Donghae nodded, not knowing whether he could trust his voice or not, because he always got emotional if somebody called him as a family member.

 

Being an orphan hadn’t been easy and still wasn’t, but he learned to get along with it over the years. When he heard the first noises upstairs he knew he had to hurry up preparing their breakfast. Meanwhile, Bethie had set the table with all the necessary things, like crockery and a cup of cocoa milk for every single one of the children.

 

Luckily he was a chef in making pancakes and so it only took him 20 minutes to put the plates, filled with the food on the table together with the fruits. Mostly the kids preferred his cooking more than vegetables and fruits, but he always insisted on the fact that they were healthy and had to be eaten, no matter what.

 

He always heard some of the teenagers groaning, but only smiled at them with this knowing look on his face and they rolled their eyes, obeying to his wish since they all loved him so much.

 

Putting the apron away, Donghae cleaned up the mess at the kitchen worktop and washed the dishes in the sink.

He had just finished, when a sleepy Blake entered the kitchen followed by his brother Johnny.

 

They both greeted him a good morning and had a seat at the table.

The next ones were Brittany, Jamie and Billy.

Hae just smiled when he saw how the elder boy gave his young and still half asleep friend a piggy-back ride.

 

Happy to see him, Tanny ran over to him and he lifted her up in a tight hug.

 

Good morning Donghae- Oppa!”, she merely screamed into his ear.

 

Chuckling at her cheering self, he greeted her back and indicated her to have s seat at the table.

 

Good morning Hyung”; he heard Benjamin calling out for him, obviously busy to get Billy to sit straight at his chair.

 

Good morning Jamie, how are you today. I see or little sleepy head is still in his dream lands?”

 

Benjamin nodded with an heartbreaking expression, showing even he thought that the little boy next him would never be a early bird in the future.

Wanting to response something, Donghae felt someone hugging his legs, interrupting his thoughts. Looking down he saw Lauren smiling brightly at him.

 

Good morning Oppa”; she said with her infantine, high pitched voice.

 

Morning little lady. You had a good night?”, he asked and messed up her short hair with his right hand. Giggling, she nodded and left to have a seat at the table where the others were already waiting for the rest.

 

Turning back, Dongahe saw Minhee waiting at the door frame looking up to him with big, hope filled eyes. Knowing exactly what she wanted, he got on his knees and stretched his arms out for her. She happily ran to him and got her Donghae-princess-good-morning-hug.

 

Good morning little princess, how are you today? Did you miss me?”, Hae asked hopefully.

 

No matter what others said, for him, she was his little baby girl.

 

Neh, I missed you a lot Oppa”, she said and smiled her cutest smile for him.

 

Aegyo. You are so cute, my little one. Well let’s get you moving, you have to eat some of my pancakes.”

 

Neh, Oppa”, she answered again and walked up to the other children.

 

How he loved the mornings at the orphanage, everyone was coming together, eating breakfast and just talking to each other.

 

Donghae,I need your help!”, Charlotte shouted from upstairs.

 

Looking at Bethie, she smiled reassuring at him, signalizing she had everything under control for a while.

 

Running upstairs, Hae already heard the reason for Charly’s call.

 

The twins were crying and Jaeden didn’t want to get out off bed without his Hyung.

 

I am sorry I really tried everything but somehow they won’t calm down. I know I should be able to do so, I mean I had two children myself and also worked more than 20 years at the orphanage, but I somehow can’t.” She really looked depressed and sad at the same time.

 

Don’t worry Charly, I will take over now. Just go downstairs and have a good breakfast, because knowing you, you haven’t had anything to eat yet.”

 

You really are an angel, young man.”

 

Haha, thank you Charlotte, now go and help Elisabeth. I had to leave her alone after you called out for me.”

 

Sure and thank you again. Sometimes it would be troublesome without you here.”

 

With that she turned around and walked down the stairs.

Taking in a deep breath, Donghae first checked on Jaeden, who was still lying under his blankets.

 

Jaeden?”

 

Seeing the little body move a bit, he walked towards the bed looking at the boy, who was staring at him with big eyes.

 

What are you still doing in bed, Jaeden?”

 

Well, I-I …”, the child started to stutter.

 

Take your time, and then answer me, okay? I am not scolding you I just asked you a simple question”; Hae said soothing.

Jaeden took an deep breath and another one, before he faced Donghae again.

 

I wanted to tell you something”, he muttered.

 

And that is why you are still in bed? You could have told me at the table, while you were eating breakfast, you know?”

 

No!”, the little boy shouted, ”I mean, I wanted to tell you, only you. Nobody else.”

 

Smiling, he leaned closer to the boy and asked:

 

What was it you wanted to tell me?”

 

Having two little hands pulling his head down further, Donghae felt Jaeden kiss his left cheek whispering:

 

I like you Donghae- Hyung. Thank you for helping me.”

 

With that the boy got out of bed and ran to the bathroom to get ready.

Staying at the bed for a moment, while touching his cheek, Donghae had to fight his tears of joy. Children could really give so much more than they got sometimes…

 

But before he had more time for his day dreaming he heard the twin crying again.

Rushing into their bedroom he knew what was up on an instant. There was only one reason that they wore these expressions.

 

They had one of their nightmares again.

 

As soon as they noticed him, Jinwook and Jaemin ran to him, hugging his legs with all of their might.

 

Donghae-Appa!”

 

Hyung!”, they shouted at the same time.

 

Now, now calm down my little boys, Donghae is here, Hyung his here. Don’t worry anything is fine”, he said and took the twins into his embrace.

 

Appa they left us. Please don’t leave us! Please always stay with us”, Jinwook cried at his shoulder and even Jaemin’s body was trembling from his hard sobs.

 

Lifting both of them up, he took one of the blankets and walked upstairs, while he told Jaeden to go and meet the others after he was ready. There was only one place where he could calm the twins down now: the rooftop.

 

Making himself comfortable in one of the chairs, he enveloped the twins into the blanket and pressed them onto his chest.

He their little backs and after a few minutes the fresh air seemed to calm them down. Until they were just whimpering at his shoulder, still hugging him like two little koalas.

 

Shh it is ok. Donghae is here. I won’t go anywhere I am right here can’t you see it? I will never leave you. Now calm down.”

 

Jaemin looked up first and asked:

 

Pinky-promise?”

 

Donghae smiled at the sight of the boy in front of him. His eyes were big, puffy and red from crying and his nose was running but still he had a hopeful expression on his face.

Lifting up his right hand, he linked the child’s pinky with his and said:

 

Pinky-promise, my little puppy. I won’t leave you anywhere.”

 

Sniffling, Jinwook looked at the both of them with his teary eyes.

 

Wookie pinky-promise too?”, he asked with a small voice.

 

Smiling at the little boy, he also linked their pinkies together and answered:

 

Sure my little kitten, pinky-promise to you too. I will always stay by your side no matter what. And now give me a smile, I can’t stand to see you all sad it makes me want to cry too.”

 

Making a pouty face Jinwook giggled and even Jaemin smiled a bit.

 

Donghae-Appa, you can’t cry. You are our Hyung and Hyungs don’t cry.”

 

Then you have to make sure I won’t have a reason to do so Wookie.”

 

Promise Appa.”

 

They cuddled some more, finally calm and back to normal.

Donghae wouldn’t admit it to others, but every time Jinwook called him “Appa” his heart was filled with even more love for him and also his siblings.

They gave him the feeling of being needed, to protect them, to hold them, to make them happy and to love them, like a real father should and would.

 

Lost in his thoughts he heard someone’s rumbling stomachs and looked at the blushing faces of the twins with small amusement.

 

Is there someone hungry?”, he asked and both boys nodded their heads in embarrassment.

 

He laughed and lifted them up.

 

Then let’s get you little monsters something to eat.”

 

The children shouted in glee even though Jaemin added in a mumble:

 

But we are no monsters. Monsters are bad and we are good boys.”

 

Laughing even more, Donghae rushed downstairs and into the kitchen, making both of the twins something to eat, since most of the others had already eaten.

Munching happily on some catted fruits Jinwook and Jaemin sat next to their sister, chit chatting with each other like nothing had ever happened.

 

You did a great job with them Hae. Thank you”; Bethie said from behind him.

 

No problem Lissy, it was my pleasure. I simply love them.”

 

I know you do Donghae.”

 

 

After breakfast the children helped to clean up the kitchen, when Donghae announced:

 

Hey would you like to bake some cookies for Christmas, after you tidied up your rooms?”

 

The younger shouted in excitement and rushed upstairs to do as they were told, while Blake and Johnny stayed behind.

 

What’s up with you guys? You don’t like my idea?”

 

Both of them looked up and Johnny began to speak.

 

It is not that Hyung, we just think, well you know… aren’t we too old for that? And actually we wanted to practice some more and…”

 

Okay look. I understand what you want to say, but don’t you think we all should do something together at Christmas? It only comes once a year and you will still have the whole afternoon to practice.”

 

Sighing the teens nodded with hesitation.

 

Okay Hyung, we understand. We will be punctual.”

 

Not happy with the sad reply Donghae thought it would be fair to share his little secret to cheer the brothers up.

 

Hey wait. I don’t want to force you to do it… it is just… well…”, he faked to stutter around, not being sure whether he should say it or not and it worked.

 

What is it Hyung?”, Johnny asked, looking quite curious now.

 

Well actually it is a secret but … Sungmin wanted to visit us today and he loves cookies, so I thought we could bake some for him. You know he especially loves them with pink frosting, but since you don’t want to it should be okay too. But I guess it would be quite a surprise for him.”

 

Three … two …one….

 

Sungmin Hyung is coming?!”, they asked exited.

 

Shh not so loud the others are not supposed to hear it.”

 

Sorry Donghae. But he really is coming right?”, now even Blake was full of energy.

 

Yes he is. So what do you think, do you want to make some of his favorite cookies? After he ate them he is always super happy and maybe he will show you some more tricks on the guitar and of course some dance steps.”

 

After exchanging some looks, the boys faced him again and Johnny said:

 

Okay Hyung we are in, tell us what we have to do.”

 

You think you are strong enough to help me with carrying all the shopping bags?”

 

Haha sure thing Donghae. We are boys after all and we have muscles.”

 

Blake moved his shirt and revealed some small, but still build abs.

 

I see so common we have to get quite a few things before we can start.”

 

 

After an hour of shopping, they got back home and stared to make the cookies.

Everyone was enjoying their time together. The younger kids decorated the cookie while the elders cut them and after that putted them into the oven.

 

Surprisingly, or not, Blake and Johnny insisted to decor some of the cookies with pink frosting.

 

Look Appa, Wookie made a Santa!”, Jinwook shouted in joy, holding out a red and white decorated cookie, which wasn't near to look like a Santa, together with Jaemin and Jaeden who had made a Santa themselves.

 

Smiling at the kids and their cuteness, Donghae still couldn’t wait and really wished the time would run a bit faster so it would be 3 o’clock and Sungmin would finally arrive.

He hadn’t seen his friend for four days by now and was quite excited himself.

The blonde-haired boy was his best friend since high school and he loved him a lot.

They used to spend every single minute together and were like glued, but now that they were in college it had gotten harder to do so.

 

He was a good person with many talents, but because he was openly gay nobody really liked him. On top of that he loved the pink color and bunnies and he was gifted with a feeling for martial arts. So everybody thought he was weird. Sometimes it wasn’t something to wonder about. A gay guy that loved oink and cute stuff and at the other hand studied martial arts.

 

Anyways the children at the orphanage loved him and so did Donghae. There wasn’t a better friend he could have asked for and finally the clock hit three and the doorbell rang.

 

They were nearly finished. Perfect timing.

 

I will take care of that. You guys keep up with your work”, Donghae said.

 

Slowly opening the door a grinning Sungmin was revealed.

 

DO….hmpf…”

 

Shh be quiet the kids don’t know you are coming and I want it to be a surprise.”

 

Sowwy”, Sungmin mumbled under Donghae’s hand, the younger had put over his mouth when he wanted to greet him in a loud manner.

Letting go of the other, Hae smiled and took a step aside to let Sungmin pass through the door.

 

Okay look you will wait here and I will get the children. It is better if you hide somewhere.”

 

But Haehae it smells so good in here, can’t I go with you?”

 

No! You will wait until I am back or else you won’t get anything of the stuff they made”, the younger said in a stern voice.

 

Hae is such a meanie”; Sungmin whined, but stayed in the back. He loved sweets and wanted to get some of the delicious smelling food.

 

As Donghae went back into the kitchen, Tanner walked up to him and asked:

 

Who was it Oppa?”

 

Just some guy that wanted to know something. Go back and finish your cookies dear”; Donghae replied.

 

Five minutes later the last cookies were decorated with frosting and the kitchen looked like it did before. Satisfied with the work of the children and himself, Hae took one of the still warm cookies, turned around and walked into the hallway, where Sungmin was waiting.

 

Here you go Hyung”; he said and gave the sweet little thing to the boy in front of him.

 

Thank you Haehae!”, the older one screeched, happily munching on the cookie he got.

 

Unfortunately Sungmin had been a little bit too loud and Jaeden came rushing out of the kitchen screaming:

 

Sungmin-Hyung! You are back!!”

 

Short after all the other kids came running and surrounded their friend, their eyes were filled with joy and shining brightly.

 

Hello my lovely Dongsaengs. How are you today?”

 

In their excitement all of them started to talk at once.

 

I am fine Hyung.”

 

We were baking cookies. Do you like cookies Oppa?”

 

It is nice to meet you again Hyung.”

 

Oppa will you sing something for me?”

 

Hyung, will you show me some of your tricks later?”

Come one kids, give Sungmin some space to breathe. He just arrived”; Elisabeth said and walked up to the blond boy to give him a hug.

 

It is nice to have you here again”; she greeted and smiled at him.

 

It is nice to see you too Miss Lissy. Thank you for the warm welcome. Where is Charly?”

 

Right behind you young man.”

 

Charly!”, Sungmin exclaimed and pulled her into one of his death hugs.

 

How is my favorite old woman doing today?”, he .

 

Who is the old one here? As far as I know you are old enough to be my little brother!”

 

Or your much younger son”, Sungmin retorted and scuffed.

Both of them were smiling at each other.

 

Donghae didn’t know why, but Charly and Minnie were teasing each other since they first met. It was like their greeting, their way to show their affection towards the other in a friendly manner. Or they were just crazy, but everyone loved them no matter what.

Crazy or not either Sungmin or Charlotte could be called angels and nobody would disagree.

 

So what are we going to do today Haehae?”, the blonde asked after a little bit more of his “conversations” with Charly.

 

Well I thought maybe some of us would like to dance some more and after that we could practice with the boys in the band. What do you think?”

 

Sounds good so let’s get started. First we will take our little ladies upstairs and practice some with them and after that I will take my boys and you will take yours. How does it sound to you?”

 

Perfectly fine Min, let’s go we have a lot to do.”

 

Clapping his hands in excitement Sungmin rushed upstairs with the girls, while Donghae went back to Blake and Johnny, which were standing awkward in one of the dark corners in the room, each of them holding a little box with Min’s favorite cookies with pink frosting in their hands. He still saw them sitting at the kitchen table arguing about how the frosting would look the best and how the cookies should be decorated with it. They were so excited and happy about their surprise for the bunny boy. But somehow he didn’t like the depressed expression that was now shown on their faces.

 

What is up boys?”, he asked.

 

Both of them looked up, disappointment all written in their beautiful green and blue eyes.

 

It is nothing Hyung”, Johnny sighed and lowered his head again.

 

Not really convinced with the answer, he turned to the older one of the brothers.

 

Blake?”, he asked, but the boys just ran to the stairs, throwing the cookies away.

Johnny watched after his brother and sighed again.

Deciding it would be better to let Blake be for a while he looked at the sad boy in front of him.

 

Listen John I know something is up and it won’t be solved if you keep silent about it so what is it? You know you can always talk to me about anything.”

 

Sitting down on the floor, with the cookies still in his hands, the teen started to talk in a very low voice.

 

You know Hyung it isn’t easy to be one of the elders. Especially when you are the brother of the eldest at the orphanage. Everyone thinks we are old enough to get along on our own. And it is just unfair. We worked so hard for the cookies to become all cute and delicious and we didn’t even get the chance to give it to Sungmin-Hyung. Why do we always have to keep it down while the others get their way? Are the cookies not good enough? Are we really too grown up to be recognized? Are we doing something wrong, so everyone will ignore us?

I really don’t know Hyung it just hurts you know? Maybe Blake feels the same way.”

 

Not knowing how exactly to react to the statement he got from Johnny, Donghae did the only thing he could think about at the moment. He hugged the boy in front of him and surprisingly got a slight response as Johnny relaxed in his arms and hold onto his shirt.

 

I know how you must feel and it is not easy, but that doesn’t mean you are not loved. We all love you. Miss Lissy loves you, Charly does too, I love you, your brother loves you and I am sure Sungmin loves the intelligent boy you are, too. Sure you are one of the elders, but you are still a part of all of us, so never doubt it again, neh?

And should I tell you something?”

 

Feeling a nod at his shoulder, Donghae continued:

 

I am pretty sure Sungmin will love your cookies, because you made them with a lot of love too, right?”

 

Another nod.

 

So why don’t you keep them until you have dance practice and give them to him after you guys have finished? Give him a second chance. Sungmin is only one person, even though he is pretty amazing, he can’t do anything. And you are a Hyung yourself, so show it to the others, superior them with your patience and you will see Min will listen to you and give you all of his attention. I promise I will take care of the others while you are alone with him and your brother. Is that a deal?”

 

Hope filled the green eyes of the boy.

 

Really Hyung?”

 

Yes I promise. And now give me a hug and go get changed. I will talk to your brother for a while, neh?”

 

Neh, Hyung.”

 

Good boy”; Donghae said and padded Johnny’s back, encouraging him to leave and go on.

Still on his knees, he looked at the box with the cookies Blake had thrown away, when he rushed out of the hall.

He picked it up and headed to the stairs up to the teenagers room.

The door was closed so Donghae knocked until he heard a small “Come in”.

 

Inside the room it was dark, the curtains were shut and only a thin ray of light made his way in, revealing the back of the boy.

 

Hey there buddy, don’t you want to come out and practice with us?”

 

No answer.

 

Huh, don’t you want to talk about it?”

 

Still no answer. Hae walked up to the bed and sat down on the edge, placing the cookies at the nightstand.

 

Look I know it hard to live in an orphanage, especially when you are the eldest. And I know it hurts to see how others are taken care of, while you are just standing in a corner, hoping to get some attention. But I already told Johnny that Sungmin is only a human. He might be able to do a lot of things, still that doesn’t mean he is able to do them all at once.

Don’t hide in here Blake, don’t hide from things you deserve, you need, things like love.

I know Sungmin loves you just as much as I do, because he told me he thinks you are amazing. You remind him of himself and he likes you a lot. We all have to find our place somewhere, but we all need to find it first and I am sure you will find yours too.

 

I will take care of the younger kids when you and Johnny are supposed to get your dancing lessons with Min. if you want to you can still come and give him your cookies.

No matter what decision you will make, be sure you are a part of all of us and that’s a fact even you can’t change. Think about it Blake. I will leave you alone now.”

 

Getting up, Donghae walked to the door and saw how Blake picked up the box from his nightstand and mumbled a soft: “Thank you Donghae.”

 

Smiling, he left and got ready for his own lessons.

 

 

And five, six, seven, eight … five, six, seven, eight …”

 

Sungmin was already completely lost in his own movements, that he failed to notice how his friend entered the room.

 

You look great ladies”; Donghae complimented, what got him some giggles and a annoyed snort from Min.

 

Sorry Hyung I knocked a few times, but you never gave me a reply so I thought it would be better to first greet our little dancing queens.”

 

Nibbling at his lower lip and looking at his Hyung with pleading eyes, Hae knew he was forgiven.

 

It’s okay Haehae, just make sure to knock louder next time and now get your little, sweet moving, we have some stuff to do.”

 

Now you are sounding like Heechul-Hyung.”

 

Yeah sure, but instead of your cousin I don’t get jealous while saying it.”

 

Haha make sure he won’t get to know about what you just said, or he will show you, how much of a diva he can get.”

 

Smirking knowingly Sungmin just turned around and put the music back on, showing that their little conversation was over.

After an hour of intense training the three girls were released and the both adults split up to their own boy groups.

 

Ehm Minnie?”

 

Yes Haehae?”

 

Nothing just have a good time”, Donghae said as he saw the Martin brothers appear in the back.

 

Thanks you too.”

 

The last thing he heard was a squealing Sungmin and the giggling of two happy boys.

 

 

Man I am worn out.”

 

Was it that hard Hyung?”

 

I really don’t know what you did to them Haehae, but first they made my favorite cookies with my favorite frosting and then they asked me to teach them some difficult steps. They never asked for a break or anything!!”

 

Chuckling Donghae waited for his friend to continue.

 

Like seriously… these two really are something special. So what is next?”

 

I don’t know didn’t you want to practice with the band?”

 

Ehm Donghae that was your idea… why don’t we go to the living room first and get a break? We could eat some more cookies and drink cocoa.”

 

Seeing the hopeful sparkling in Sungmin’s eyes Hae couldn’t do anything but nod.

 

Wow Hae is that all you had left of Christmas decoration for the house? Where is the Christmas tree and all that?”, the blonde asked as he walked into the room.

 

Unfortunately yes. We haven’t had much left since the last thunder storm in September destroyed some parts of the rooftop, we had to get it repaired and it was pretty expensive. So there won’t be much of decoration this year.”

 

What a pity. Not even a Christmas tree?”

 

 

I am afraid not, the thunder storm nearly took all of the money we planned on spending for Christmas. We even had to cut down the presents”, Elisabeth said, walking in with a tray filled with cookies and some hot chocolate.

 

But without a Christmas tree it’s not Christmas at all. We do you want to put the presents? Isn’t there a way to get one? I would love to help but my two part-time jobs are barely enough to pay my rent and get over the month. I am sorry.”

 

It is okay Sungmin, it isn’t your fault”, Elisabeth reassured him and got out again, because Charly had been calling her name.

 

See you later boys.”

 

So what are you going to do about it Hae?”, Min asked when they were alone again.

 

I honestly don’t know Minnie. The trees are pretty expensive this year and most of the money I had I gave Lissy for the rooftop. I had to change the presents for the kids and don’t think I will earn enough money to get even just a small tree before Christmas.”

 

How about your aunt and uncle? Couldn’t you ask them for money?”

 

It’s not that easy. They already have to pay enough for me and Hyung and they wanted to buy a new car, because the old one got damaged by some drunken idiots and it would be too expensive to let it get fixed. But you know what? Just forget it for now and get the band together. I told Minhee and Lauren to watch after the twins and Jaeden, since it is only a instrumental practice today.”

 

You are right let’s go upstairs.”

 

In front of the door, they met Jinwook and Jaeden, staring at them with big, brown orbs.

 

Hyung, why can’t we get a Christmas tree?”, Jaemin asked.

 

Because we don’t have enough money to get one. I am sorry you two.”

 

Not even a small one? It doesn’t have to be big”, Jinwook tried to state out, but there was no use in it, the orphanage wasn’t able to afford one and that was final.

 

Walking upstairs the twins disappeared in their room, where Minhee was already waiting for them.

Satisfied with the calm atmosphere around the house, Donghae called out for the boys in the band and they got ready.

 

What song should we start with Hyung?”, Blake asked, sitting behind the drums Donghae donated him a few years ago.

 

How about ‘The A Team’? Blake could play the rhythm and Jamie could play a small melody together with Billy?”, Johnny said.

 

Hm sounds good. What do you think guys? You want to play something easy for the beginning?”

 

Sure why not Donghae-Hyung. We haven’t practiced in a while so…”

 

Great so now get ready. Blake give me a beat”, Sungmin said and smiled as the boy smirked and started playing.

 

The time lost it’s meaning while the kids played one song after the other and Donghae and Sungmin sang the lyrics, which were meant to be sang by the girls later.

They were about to start the next song when Minhee rushed into the room, her face all wet from the tears.

Quite shocked Donghae ran to her and took her into his arms.

 

What happened Minhee? Why are you crying?”

 

Sobbing hard, the girl buried her face deeper to his neck.

 

Please don’t be angry with me Oppa…”; she whimpered.

 

I will never be angry at you honey, so tell me what’s wrong.”

 

The twin … Wookie and Jaejae …”

 

Getting a bit nervous Donghae remained himself to stay calm.

 

What is it with your brothers, darling?”, he asked, her hair and leaning back to look her in the eyes.

 

They … they are g-gone.”

 

Mwo?! Minhee that’s not funny”, Hae said, still refusing to believe his ears.

 

I’m not making fun Oppa”, she cried.

 

Getting on his knees and letting go of the little girl, Donghae stared at the wall in front of him, not moving a single muscle.

 

 

The twins were gone.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

So this is the new chapter.

Of course as always I hoped you like it and tell me what you think about it^^

See you all next year^^

 

Regards Slade