Shake up Christmas - Part lll

All I Want for Christmas is ... You?!

Hello everyone!

So here as promised the long awaited new chapter and finally the whole date you have all been waiting for. I hope you will like it and I am happy I made it today. I wasn't sure whether I would make it to update or not.

but here I am and there you go.

Have a Merry Christmas you all and enjoy reading^^

 

Yours

Slade

 

_________________________________

Donghae's P.O.V.

 

“So where do you want to go?” Hyukjae asked after they had reached the center of the small city.

 

“I don't know you were the one who said I needed a break. I didn't know it included for me to be a tour guide though. Unless we both have a differnet definition of giving ourselves a break” the brunet replied with an unmoved expresssion.

 

“Remember that you're the one who knows the city?” Hyuk said jokingly.

 

“Remember that you're the one who dragged me along in the first place?” Hae shot back, kinda amused about the startled face of the other.

 

“I guess you are right with that. I didn't know I was bothering you that much. I am sorry.”

 

Donghae didn't know if it was the way the blonde had said it or the similarity to kicked puppy that made him let go of his resolved attitude and just enjoy himself.

It wasn't the elders fault that he was weird,or maybe it was, but it wasn't a reason to change his joyful side, especially because it was Christmas. And with the thought of a puppy he had an idea.

 

“Hahaha, sorry I was just joking a little bit. I actually have a place I want to go.”

 

“Yah don't do that again I really thought I couldn't cheer you up no matter what.”

 

“Mianhae. So common let's get going. It is nearly the time of the day when I am going to visit him.”

 

“Visiting who?” Hyukjae asked confused.

 

“You will see when we get there. Now hurry up, you want a tour around the center, I will give you one with all the things included. Even window shopping, because it is always exciting to do that when it is Christmas” Donghae said happily and dragged the blonde with him.

 

“Now, now why do I have the feeling that your mood just totally changed?”

 

“Because it actually did. I nearly let my troublesome thoughts ruin my Christmas spirit, so I stopped them. Like you said today is for enjoyment and that's what I am planning to do. Enjoying myself.

Do you have a problem with that Hyukjae?” the brunet answered and smiled.

 

“No not at all. I am just surprised that you have so many different sides. I always discover something new about you when we meet. Or at least that's how it feels like.”

“Haha you have no idea. You don't even know half of me yet.”

 

“Well then tell me more about you” Hyuk said and walked faster to catch up to the younger who was walking really fast by now.

 

“We'll see about that. Sometimes it is better to make yourself a living mystery so people won't get tired of you.”

 

“As if you could ever be boring Lee Donghae.”

 

“Never say never, Lee Hyukjae, we all have our dirty little secrets after all.”

 

And with that they went on joking until the brunet stopped in front of a huge window.

 

“We're here” he said and walked closer to the window to have a look inside. Then he just stood there and waited.

 

“I see and who exactly are we meeting here?” the blonde asked a little confused, but Hae didn't even turn around to look at him but just showed him to be quiet and wait.

 

It didn't take long and the little, white puppy Donghae loved so much came out of his small hut to greet them happily. He knew the boy who always came to see him all too well.

Hae smiled widely and waved at the dog.

 

“Hey there buddy how are you doing? Have you been waiting for me already? I am sorry I have been late, but I brought a friend with me.” With that he turned around to the elder and waved with his hand to get him to come closer.

“That's Hyukjae, he helped me to find Jaejae and Wookie the other night.”

 

“Is that the special someone you wanted to see?” said person asked and Hae nodded in response.

 

“But it's only a puppy though” the blonde murmured.

 

“He isn't ONLY a puppy! I have always wanted a dog like him and he is always greeting me no matter what and he is friendly to me. Like a true friend. So don't treat him like he is nothing special because to me he is!” Donghae scolded the other, hurt that Hyuk was taking the bond he felt with the puppy not serious enough.

 

“Okay, I get it. But if you want him then why don't you get him?”

 

“Well maybe because not everyone is rich enough to just buy whatever they want. All the money I have been saving up to get him, I gave to Charly and Lissy to pay for the roof that has been damaged during a storm a few months ago. And with Christmas coming up I spent the last money I had to get the children at least some small presents they wanted to have. And I can't do more than working my off to pay for the expanses I have, but sometimes it isn't enough. That's a fact I have to live with. So even if I wanted to buy him I couldn't.”

 

“I am sorry I didn't mean to offend you in any way” the blonde apologized and seemed to be in deep thoughts.

 

“It is fine, just don't assume that all the people are as fortunate as you are right now. Sometimes work pays off the way it should and sometimes it doesn't. That's it” Donghae replied and looked back at the puppy that was watching them with interest and questioning eyes.

 

“I will keep that in mind... Say, do you want to get in and have a look at the other pets too?”

 

“Sure why not. I haven't talked to Joe for a while as well so maybe I should say hi now that I am having some time today.”

 

“Who is Joe?” Hyuk asked curious.

 

“He is the shop owner and an old friend of Charly and Lissy. I met him a few years ago, when I first started working at the orphange. He really is a nice guy I am sure you will like him.”

 

The moment they walked through the door and the little bell rang, a tall man with grey hair and a friendly smile came walking from the back to greet them.

 

“Donghae, long time no see. How have you been. Merry Christmas my boy. And who is that? A friend of yours?” Joe asked and also send a smile toward the blonde standing behind Hae.

 

“Merry Christmas to you too Joe. And yes that's Hyukjae. We met a few days ago. He just moved here and I am giving him a tour around the city.”

 

“As expected of you. Welcome in town Hyukjae. I hope you'll like it here.”

 

“Thank you very much Sir, I hope so too.”

 

“Don't be so formal with me young man. Friends of Hae are also my friends. So drop the 'Sir' and call me Joe like everyone else does around here.”

 

The man smiled and then made a gesture for them to follow him into a more private corner where a few chairs and a small table were standing.

After they sat down and he put some cookies on the table as well, then Joe turned his attention back to Donghae.

 

“So... I guess you came to greet your little buddy as usual?”

 

“Yes indeed, you know he is always waiting for me anyway, this little rascal” the brunet replied with a sad expression in his eyes. It really was a pity he couldn't buy him.

 

“I know and I am trying my best to keep him until you have got some money again Donghae, you know that. He wouldn't be able to find a better owner anyway.”

 

“You're the best Joe. Thank you very much like always” the brunet said with a smile.

 

“Anything for you sunny boy.”

 

Suddenly a phone rang and Donghae excused himself to go out and take the call, so that Hyuk and the shop owner were alone and an awkward silence spread around then, which Joe tried to break.

 

“So young man. How do you like San Leandro? You know you are pretty lucky to have met Hae. He really is a good kid.”

 

Looking outside the window to see said brunet making some movements with his hands while he was talking on the phone, he answered:

“Yeah I've heard that a lot already. It seems like he knows every single person living in San Leandro.”

 

Joe laughed when he saw how the blonde wrinkled his forehead while saying that.

 

“You know actually it is the other way around. Everyone knows Donghae. Mostly it's gossip that spreads like a bush fire but also good news are told a lot. Especially when it is about the orphanage.

And whatever you want to say, that boy out there was a blessing all along.”

 

“I also heard of that” Hyuk replied and smiled a little: “ But most of all I have seen it. How he treats the children and others. Someone like him actually doesn't exist.”

 

That also made the older man smile.

 

“He is a nice kid indeed. Sometimes I think he is a little bit too nice for his own good. I mean I have never seen that he was selfish or even rebellious during his puberty. In fact he was anything but that. A quiet and kind boy. But he never told us the reason behind it.”

 

“He's a walking mystery” Hyukjae mumbled to himself, which made the other laugh again.

 

“I guess he is just a man who has been through more than he is actually telling us.”

 

Before the blonde was able to answer anything, Donghae entered the shop again and apologized for the sudden intrusion.

 

“It's fine. I hope nothing serious happened?” Hyuk asked with concern in his voice.

 

“No don't worry. It was just my aunt telling me to be home at 8pm so we could all have dinner together. But try telling her that you don't have much time to talk. She is talking without breathing. At least that's what you could think once she opens to speak” Hae said and rolled his eyes in a dramatic manner.

 

“Sounds indeed like your aunt. But you could have it worse boy.”

 

“I know I wasn't complaining anyway. I am just saying. And I guess we need to go now. It is getting darker by the minute and there are some places that look better during the daytime here. Even though I don't mind the darkness as well, with all the twinkeling lights outside. Right Hyukjae?” the brunet said and looked at the other with a smile.

 

“Yes indeed it was nice meeting you Joe. Have a Merry Christmas.”

 

“The pleasure was all mine young man. Have a Merry Christmas too and I hope I will see you around sometime soon” the elder said and shook their hands as a good-bye.

 

“That might be sooner than you think Joe” Hyuk mumbled, but it wasn't loud enough for the other two men to hear.

 

As they stepped out of the shop, Donghae took a deep breath of the cold air outside and turned around to look at the blonde, who just stood there and watched him.

 

“So... where do you want to go now? Tell me something you want to see and I will lead you there.”

 

“Hm I don't know. Everywhere is fine with me as long as you keep that smile on your face. It suits you really well” he said and smiled himself.

 

“Aish you're such a sweet talker Lee Hyukjae” the brunet replied and slightly turned red. He wasn't sure how he should deal with the comments of the elder sometimes. On the one handside he was glad they got along well but on the other handside he didn't want to make any mistakes either.

 

“Am not. Just saying the truth here. Don't you know the saying: A smile is the fastest and most honest way to create bridges between people?” Hyuk said in serious honesty.

 

“Who knows, I never heard of it before but I will keep that in mind for the future.”

 

“You don't have to. You already wear it most of the time anyway. I guess that's why everyone likes you. Your smile is irresistable, Donghae. It just seems like people missed to tell you that.”

 

That left the youngster a little bit speechless, because he woulnd't have thought that Hyukjae was being that honest with him. It was okay to be like this, but he wasn't quite used to it yet.

That's why he just nodded and hoped the blonde wouldn't make any further remarks on that topic.

 

“So how about the window shopping you promised me?” Hyuk assumed with another warm smile and waited for Donghae to give him a response.

Said male just grinned and nodded once again. However the other did it, Hae just knew that it was always the right thing to cheer him up in some way. He had wanted someone to go window shopping with for a long time, but since Sungmin was busy with work and going alone wasn't fun at all, the brunet had just let it be. Even though he had been looking forward to it. And now his chance had come to still get his wish come true. It wasn't much of a surprise that once again it was Hyukjae who helped him to get what he wanted. That guy really was a great friend.

 

During the shopping session both men obviously enjoyed themselves. They were trying on different funny hats or shirts. Looked at countless decorations and windows, while they walked through the stores and shopping malls. Of course they had to stop in front of one of the big fish tanks, so Donghae could stare at all the colorful fish in awe and Hyuk just waited with an amused smile on his face until the other was finally ready to leave the litte creatures behind. After that they stopped at one of the toy stores and Hae explained to the blonde what he got for the kids as a christmas present and what they had actually wanted to have. And even tho the elder still remembered every sinlge wish of the children from when he first met them, he gladly listened to all the brunet had to say. He was happy that his new friend was happy too, not to mention the endless energy that was radiating around the other all the time as his eyes lit up everytime he saw something new that excited him. It was like watching a little child being in paradise filled with toys and sweets. Well that's what it kinda was, only that Donghae couldn't be considered a kid anymore. At least not physically that was.

And anyways, keeping the inner child alive and letting it out at times was what people needed to stay young at heart too.

 

“Hyukjae come over here! Look isn't that cute?” Donghae asked and pointed towards a small, red loop in one of the shelfs. “Don't you think it would suit him well?” the brunet said and looked at said man with big eyes that were craving for confirmation of his train of thoughts.

 

“Who would it suit Donghae?” Hyuk asked a little bit confused.

 

“The puppy at Joe's store. He would look so adorable with this one around his neck.”

 

“Yes indeed” was all the blonde responded and made another note in his mind today. He would have a lot to do, but that was something no one needed to know yet.

 

“Is that all you have to say? You're so unmotivated Hyuk” the brunet complained and pouted.

 

“Hahaha I am sorry Donghae but not every grown man turns into a five year old as soon as he enters a toy store” the other replied and laughed. And even though the younger was sending him death glares, he still couldn't help the amused grin that spread across his face after he was able to control his laughing.

 

“Please don't feel offended. It was quite adorable to watch you being hyper all the time. I mean you were nearly bouncing off the walls with excitement. I think the world needs more people like you, who have that unstopable energy inside. It would make it a more cheerful place.”

 

“You're not making it better you know?” Donghae replied, acting annoyed but in reality he was trying to hide another blush that was spreading across cheeks. And Hyukjae lifted his hands in defeat.

 

“Alright, alright I am sorry. How about I treat you to a hot chocolate to make it up to you?” the blonde offered with an amused twinkling in his eyes that made Donghae wrinkle his forhead.

 

“Are you making fun of me for offering you one of these drinks the first time we met, Mr. Lee?” he asked, acting once again as if he was a little bit offended.

But the other didn't seem to be bothered by that because he just rised one of his eyebrows and a mocking grin spread around the corners of his mouth.

 

“Maybe... or maybe I am just trying to be nice? Choose whatever you want, while I buy you one of said drinks and I will take one too” Hyuk said with an undefined tone in his voice and grabbed the brunet at his wrist to drag him along once again.

 

When Donghae wanted to say something, the other turned around and stopped his train of thoughts.

 

“And don't worry I know where we are going. I saw a stand that selled hot chocolate when we came here. I might be new here but I have a good memory for places. Or else I wouldn't have walked back to the church when I found the twins.”

 

With that they walked in silence and enjoyed the smell of sweets and the sweet notes of christmas songs in the air. They weren't the only ones to visit the christmas market at that time, but it wasn't bothering them. It made the whole scenery a lot cozier and comfortable.

As they stopped at said stand and Hyukjae went to get them their drinks, Donghae walked up to one of the small tables, which were standing near, to get them a place to put their cups down on and to talk without any intrusion. He smiled as soon as the blonde turned around and came walking up to him, with two cups of hot chocolate in it.

 

“He you go Mr. Lee. Your special order of a homemade,sweet and awesome hot chocolate. Please enjoy your stay and drink” the other joked and Hae bowed his head to play along.

 

“Thank you very much Hyukjae. The service here is really great. I guess I should take this special offer more often from now on.”

 

“Well, I am happy to hear that but I have to inform you that this offer is only available when I am the waiter, Mr. Lee.”

 

“Oh really? What a pity. But I guess I can't help it. I will just have to come here with you from now on, whenever I am craving for something hot and sweet.”

 

Hyukjae grinned once again at that and said with a slight bow:

“It will be my pleasure to be at your service Sir. Please ask for me whenever you're around.”

 

“Sure will do Hyukjae, sure will do” Donghae replied and both males started laughing, entertained by their conversation just now. It said a lot, but then again nothing at all. It was like spending a great time together without any worries. No wasn't just like, it was a great time.

 

When they had finished their drinks they just walked over the market and looked different things, laughing and talking about things of their childhood or current life. How they came to develop starnge habits, what kinds of food they liked and just things, friends would spend hours with to discuss them and make fun of it.

At some point they reached the end of the many booths around, but as Donghae wanted to walk back, Hyukjae grabbed his arms and pointed into the direction of a small stage with a bis screen and a middle aged man who was sitting on one of the stairs, waiting for people to recognize the little attraction.

 

“Look at that. If that is what I think it is then we definitely have to go there Hae” the blonde said excited and waited for the others reply.

 

“What do you think it is Hyuk?” Donghae asked and looked to the stage once more. He hadn't seen it in the past few years so he assumed that it was new.

 

“You'll see” was all the elder said, before he went to the stage and the brunet couldn't help but to follow him and see what it was.

 

The man who was sitting there smiled at them, obviously happy that someone was finally visiting him.

 

“Hello boys, have a Merry Christmas. How may I help you?”

 

“Merry Christmas to you too. Do you have a list of what you have to offer?” Hyukjae asked, and Donghae didn't know what his friend was talking about. But the man seemed to know what the other was talking about, because he was handing over some papers and after reading through a few of them the blonde turned around and asked, still holding the lists in his hands:

 

“Do you know Train?”

 

“The band? Yes I do. Who doesn't know them” the brunet replied, still a little bit confused with the situation he was in. Hyuk smiled and nodded, before he turned around and pointed at something on the papers.

 

“We'll take this one then.”

 

“Coming right away, young man. Here are your microphones” the man said and went to his laptop to look for the thing Hyukjae had just ordered and that was when Hae realized what this stage was made for.

 

Christmas Karaoke.

 

“Oh no, don't tell me that this is what it looks like?” he asked and just got confirmed in his words when he saw the others smile and the Microphone he was handing over to him.

 

“Common Donghae this is fun, believe me.”

 

Unfortunetaly, it was already too late to say anything more, because the music had already started and the blonde focused on the screen in front of them, as the first lines of the lyrics appeared.

 

Shake up the happiness
Wake up the happiness
Shake up the happiness
It's christmas time

 

After that there was a short instrumental part and Hyukjae winked at Hae before he turned back again and started a mix of singing and rapping again. During his act he walked around the brunet and smiled encouraging.

 

There's a story that i was told
and i wanna tell the world
before I get too old
and don't remember it
so let's december it
and reassemble it (oh yeah)

Once upon a time in a town like this
A little girl made a great big wish
To feel the world full of happiness
And be on Santa's magic list “

 

Now it was time for the chorus.

 

“Common Hae, sing with me” Hyuk said and the brunet didn't know why, but in the end he just sang along. Getting a feeling of that all.

 

Shake it up
Shake up the happiness
Wake it up
Wake up the happiness
Come on you all
It's Christmas time

Shake it up
Shake up the happiness
Wake it up
Wake up the happiness
Come on you all
It's Christmas time

It's Christmas time

 

“Now it's your turn Donghae. Show me what you are working with.” Said boy smiled and held his micro a little tighter, before he started to sing himself.

 

At the same time miles away
A little boy made a wish that day
That the world would be okay
And Santa Claus would hear him say
I got dreams and I got love
I got my feet on the ground
And family above
Can you send some happiness?
With my best to the rest
Of the people of the East and the West and
Maybe every once in a while you
Get my grandma a reason to smile
Tis the season of smile
It's cold but we'll be freezing in style
Let me meet a girl one day that
Wants to spread some love this way
We can let our souls run free and
She can know some happiness with me “

 

They both sang the chorus together again and by now both men were totally into their own world. Drowned in the music and the mood of the moment they shared together, so they didn't notice the small crowd that had gathered around them by now. All that mattered was their performance on stage and greatness of the moment.

 

Shake it up
Shake up the happiness
Wake it up
Wake up the happiness
Come on you all
It's Christmas time

Shake it up
Shake up the happiness
Wake it up
Wake up the happiness
Come on you all
It's Christmas time “

 

Then it was Hyukjae's time to sind again.

 

I know you're out there
I hear your reindeer
I see the snowing
Your boots have been “

 

Only to followed by Donghae who finished off the verse with the same energy he had shown at the christmas concert the other day.

 

I'm gonna show them
So they will know then
This love will grow in
Than to live again “

 

For the last chorus, Hyuk took the parts of singing “ho ho ho” all the time while Hae took care of the remaining lyrics.

 

Shake it up
Shake up the happiness
Wake it up
Wake up the happiness
Come on you all
It's Christmas time

Shake it up
Shake up the happiness
Wake it up
Wake up the happiness
Come on you all
It's Christmas time

It's Christmas time

Shake it up
Shake up the happiness
Wake it up
Wake up the happiness
Come on you all
It's Christmas time

Shake it up
Shake up the happiness
Wake it up
Wake up the happiness
Come on you all
It's Christmas time

It's Christmas time “

 

As the last note became silent, the two of them looked at each other and smiled satisfied,when suddenly loud cheers and applause sounded from behind them, and they turned around to see the stage owner and numerous people looking up to them. It was obvious that they had been enjoying every second of ther performance the boys had just given.

Not really knowing what to do they just bowed and returned the microphones to the middle ages man, then walked downthe stage and passed through the people around them to get going.

 

“Man that was quite something just now” Donghae said after they had walked a few meters and turned around one last time to see how the little crowd was still standing there, now listening to someone else singing.

 

“Yeah who would have expected that. But hey at least now the stage owner isn't boed anymore. So I guess we did a good thing with singing up there” Hyukjae replied, just as stunned as the other.

 

“That's true indeed. And besides that I had a lot of fun. So thank you very much for today.

 

“Who said were done yet?” the blonde asked.

 

“Well it is pretty late by now and I thought you might want to get home” Hae replied a little usure.

 

“Haha Donghae there are two things you should know about me. First, there is no way I will end a day at the christmas market without riding the local Ferris wheel. And second, I always walk my friends back home when I was out with them.”

 

After that, the brunet remained silent and they both walked to the ferris wheel and took a seat. The view from above was just great and Donghae looked at all the small lights below them, obviously amazed by the beauty he saw.

 

“Look at all the small figures down there. The people look like dolls from up here.”

 

Hyuk just leaned back and watched as the younger was pressing his hands against the glass of the small cabin.

 

“I am glad you like it” was all he said as a response and then turned his eyes back to the scenery as well.

 

******

 

“That was awesome. Honestly, thank you for today Hyuk, I had a lot of fun!” Donghae said, when they were standing in front of his house, after they walked back from the Christmas market.

 

“You are most welcome Donghae. The pleasure was all mine, and besides now I know a little bit more about San Leandro and you as well” the elder responded, looking up to the brunet who was standing a few steps above him.

 

“I guess that's how it is. You give and you take. I shared some of my knowledge with you and in return I got to do the window shopping I have been craving for and on top of that I made some great memories too. Have a good night Hyuk and see you around.”

 

“Well then see you. And have a good night too” the blonde said and scretched his nape as he slowly walked down the stairs and walked towards the small gate, but before he disappeared in the streets, he once again and turned around to give the brunet a last smile.

 

Hae smiled back and waved his hand as a good-bye.

After the elder had left, he remained at the top of the staircase for a few more minutes and took his time to progress all the things that had happened today and his smile grew into a huge grin.

But suddenly the door behind him opened and a voice said:

 

“Donghae is that you honey? Come on in, dinner is ready. We have been waiting for you.”

 

“Turning around to face the woman in the door frame, the brunet smiled and gave her a small nod.

 

“I am coming auntie” he said and looked towars the gate one last time, before he entered the house and spent the rest of the evening with his family.