Prologue - Eunhyuk

All I Want for Christmas is ... You?!

»Achtung bitte! Dies ist der letzte Aufruf für den Lufthansaflug LH1013

nach Los Angeles. Alle Passagiere werden gebeten, sich umgehend zum Flugsteig

A11 zu begeben.

Attention please! This is the last call for Lufthansa-Flight LH1013 to Los Angeles. All passengers are requested to proceed to gate A11 immediately.«

 

Attention please! This is the last call for … blah blah blah”, a enervated Lee Hyukjae grumbled under his breath, his whole body showing how stressed and tired he was, before he opened his eyes and locked at the terminal-clock for the nth time.

He felt like he had been sitting there for hours, but instead of that only 27 minutes and 30 seconds had passed until now.

His flight from Seoul to Los Angeles had to take a intermediate landing in Germany, because of a thunder storm that had been coming up, but luckily didn’t seem to last long, since he was asked to get back to the plane again.

It was exactly 04:52:36 in the morning, well not anymore, but it seemed clear what he wanted to state out.

Sighing heavily, he stood up and had to fight the urge to just fall back again and sleep some more. But that wasn’t possible, because he always got interrupted by the never ending announcements for all the flights at this airport.

He had to admit it hadn’t been one of his best ideas to fall asleep near one of the loudspeakers. So he just got his things together and hurried up to get to gate A11 to continue his voyage.

 

A few minutes later he was finally allowed to enter the plane and have a seat.

Hyukjae snatched the plane ticket out of his back pocket and had a second look at his seat number, just to make sure he had remembered it correctly.

Luckily it wasn’t hard to find and after he made sure his back pack was securely buried in one of the pigeon-holes, he let himself drop down into the soft cushions.

Usually he would have picked out his I-Pod, to have a second look at some part of his new choreography, but not at five o’clock in the morning, he was just too tired to do so.

But he also knew, he wouldn’t get the possibility to sleep either at least not until he would be thousands of feet up in the air. Far away from his family, friends and problems.

So he had to wait until the start, because after that there wouldn’t be anymore announcements of the stewardess or captain unless something important had to be said.

 

Hyukjae decided it would be better to wait a few minutes more and watch the people around him, instead of feeling dead tired.

All in all there weren’t many passengers on the plane, barely a dozen and himself.

But speaking honestly, who was crazy enough to take a flight to America at this time of the day, if not for serious reasons like work or personal issues?

So it wasn’t surprising that most of the people around him were males, at the age of their mid- thirties til the beginning of their fifties, wearing expensive looking suits with perfect done neckties.

Businessman with the need to arrive in America before midday, because of some important meetings.

And even thought Hyuk didn’t know much about the German business- world, he still knew how the business was working after all. So basically you could have assumed that ninety percent of the upcoming meeting members were Germans and on top of that they were all sitting in this plane, ignoring each other to introduce themselves 14 hours later, pretending to never have had spend the whole flight earlier together.

 

As crazy as it may sound, that was our society with all the workaholics and CEO’s, deciding how to run the worlds economy.

 

Not wanting to think about these sad facts anymore, Eunhyuk let his gaze travel around until it got caught by two people sitting next to each other.

The young woman was giggling happily, while the man next to her just smiled, obviously glad his traveling partner was enjoying herself.

Both of them were around his age and as it seemed a couple on top of that. At least that’s what Hyuk assumed after the girl gave her partner a quick peck on the lips, before she returned reading the book, that had been laying in her lap.

Barely amused about his latest observations, two questions popped up in his head.

 

First : How, for god’s sake, could someone be overly happy all the time ? and

Second: Why did they have to be at the same plane he was at?

 

Not that Hyukjae had something against them being together and all, he just couldn’t endure any love drunken, lucky couples around him at the moment.

The whole happy-ever-after- was something for idiots and naive fools and nothing for his interest anymore, so he was better off without it.

Some might have asked now, why he thought of love that way?

 

Well let’s just say, it wasn’t the most pleasant experience to see your long-loved girlfriend and your “best friend” having at your kitchen table, after you had a long and tiring day at work only to be welcomed with one of the worst nightmares a loving boyfriend could ever dream of. Great now wasn’t it?

 

That had been one week ago by now, but his heart was still hurting as much as the day when he found out about the both of them cheating on him with no regrets.

Life was a .

With a last scorning snort, Hyukjae wished the couple in front of him best of luck in his mind and looked out of the window afterwards.

The sky was still covered with all the twinkling stars. It was December after all, the 20th December to be exact and so it was still dark at the early morning hours.

Unfortunately the beautiful sight couldn’t keep his mind distracted for long and his anger turned into teariness - seven years of a, what he had thought, fulfilled relationship were lost just like that, only because he had gotten “too boring”.

 

And it hurt, it hurt him so much.

 

Being dumped with one of the lowest explanations ever, if you even count it as a matter of fact. Becoming “too boring” over the years.

It had been foolish of him to think about a future together, marriage and maybe even children.

Eunhyuk was more than aware of the fact that he was just 22 years old, but he had also been a man in love, giving his everything to make this relationship work, but sometimes giving your everything didn’t seem to be enough.

 

These were the thoughts he had to bear with, now that he finally got the possibility to study abroad, what he had always wanted to do, seemed to be meaningless. He could have done this a lot earlier, but he stayed in Korea to celebrate Christmas together with his family, friends and girlfriend.

 Well ex- girlfriend by now.

 

So instead of being happy to go and finally study in America, he had arranged this flight to run away and leave all the bad memories behind.

But that’s how things were at the moment.

Being the honest person he was, Hyuk had to admit there wasn’t much left to be happy about and still he had to move on.

Why is it so hard to be lucky? Why can’t I just be happy like all the other people around me?

What have I done to be all alone?”, he muttered under his breath, looking upon the stars.

 

Barely did he know that exactly at this second, a shooting star was falling down from the sky, while another lonely soul asked exactly the same…

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this is the second prologue...

I hope you will like it and of course that you all had a Merry Christmas^^

Hopefully see you all soon and of couse thank you for subscribing and commenting!

 

Regards Slade