Welcome Home Eunhyuk

All I Want for Christmas is ... You?!

Eunhyuk's P.O.V.

 

The moment Kyuhyun had stepped out of the house, Donghae's behavior changed visibly.

He hesitated in his actions and his whole being was nearly screaming from all the awkwardness the boy next to him must be feeling. Hyuk had to supress the sudden desire to hit his friend when the yonger behaved in such a rude manner to the brunet. Still the good manners never seemed to leave the others character as he slightly bowed to Kyuhyun.

 

Nice to meet you. I am Lee Donghae. I am sorry, but it is my fault that Hyukjae is late. Please for give him.”

 

After Hae turned towards the blonde and gave him a small smile, which made him smile in return. But not for long, because Eunhyuk didn't expect the next words of brunet to follow.

 

Thank you for saving the twins today. I hope we will see each other again someday. Til then be safe and take care of yourself.”

 

With that the other turned around anf left. He tried to protest, but all he could hear the boy saying was "good-bye Hyukjae" before he walked on without turning back.

 

He couldn't believe the rather cold way of parting and anger started to boil in his veins. If not for Kyuhyun and his micking attitude, he might have got Donghae to come into the house and meet the Cho's. But now it was too late and all he could do, was to watch until the shadow of the other boy disappreared behind the next corner.

 

"Did you have to be so rude?!"Eunhyuk scolded his Dongsaeng, who looked surprised for a second, but composed himself really quickly again putting a smug grin on.

 

"What is so funny Kyu? You could have been nicer to Donghae. He did nothing to deserve such treatment."

"Since when do you care for others that much? Especially if you concern the fact that you have just met him, because you never introduced me to a Lee Donghae and you know I know everything about you. So how about you stop it? I already had a lot to bear with tonight. Besides I am freaking hungry!"

 

The whining sound at the end of the younsters sentence caused Hyuk to forget about his anger and to laugh hard.

 

"Yah that's not funny!" the brunet complained, pouting.

 

"Haha I am sorry Kyu but you haven't changed at all. You are still the same food addicted game maniac I got to know years ago."

 

"Hmpf you are just jealous that a brilliant guy like me doesn't need to study and has the time to do thing that are more fun."

 

"Yeah dream on. Like your evil mind could ever be better than my breathtaking looks."

 

"Oh please, what about your monkey face is breathtaking, except from your halitosis when you open your mouth."

 

"Says the one who doesn't even take a shower or leave his room for more than one week, when he got his new computer game" Eunhyuk stated with a neutral expression.

 

"Admit it monkey you are just jealous like I said. You will never be able to compete with the glorious Cho Kyuhyun" the brunet said and posed in front of Hyuk, which made him look rather stupid than glorious in any way.

 

"Yeah whatever", the dancer said and pulled his friend into a tight hug, who struggled to break free, but eventually gave up and just responded to the small gesture with doing nothing. And it was actually quite something, considering the fact, that the younger never liked skin contact all too much.

 

After some seconds the brunet pushed him away and blushed slightly, but Hyuk decided to ignore it for the sake of peace. Sometimes his friend only acted like he didn't like certain things when he actually did, because he was too much of a brat to admit his true feelings. So the blonde didn't give a damn about the others mocking behavior. He knew the boy for forever and with that he wouldn't let himself get fooled too easily.

 

"Anyway did you take good care of my little princess?" Eunhyuk asked with a serious expression. He used to be a kind and understanding person, but when it came to his beloved puppy Choco the boyfriend of his sister had bought for him, he didn't joke around. She was his number one girl, he loved with all of his heart.

 

Unfortunetely he have had to sent her a week before his arrival for some medical check-ups to be allowed to keep her with him in the U.S.

All the time he missed her like crazy and now he couldn't wait to see his baby again.

 

"Boys common in, you will catch your death if you remain outside any longer. It is freezing."

 

Hyukjae turned around when he heard the well known voice and a warm smile came acroos his face. There stood Mrs. Cho with her loving personality and a worried expression all written over her face, because it was really getting cold.

Walking up to her, the elder woman pulled him into a tight hug and welcomed him.

She had always treated him like her own son, which often ended with Kyuhyun being jealous and whining all the time, because he tried to hide his emotions.

 

"Welcome home Hyukjae. Did you have a save flight?"

 

"Neh, umma. Thank you for the warm welcome."

 

She gave him a small kiss on his cheek before she moved for her husband, who came walking up to them from the living room.

 

"Hyuk good to see you again. How have you been son?"

 

"Great thank you sir" the blonde replied with a smile, before the man gave him a hug as well.

 

The two adults really loved him and his sister the moment they had met and never hesitated to show their affection.

But there was still one member missing to complete the scenery.

 

"She is out in the garden" Mrs. Cho said to his unspoken question and went away. Short after a door was opened and the sounds of the little paws on the floor filled the hall, until the brown puppy came walking around the corner.

 

"Choco" he called out happily and a few moments later he held her in his arms, cuddling the barking and hyperactive puppy, who his face with her little tongue.

 

"Haha stop it Choco it tickles. Now have you been a good girl?" he asked and received another bark in return. Putting her down he got up and smiled.

 

"Kyu, would you show Hyuk to his room, please? Dinner will be ready in a few, but I think he would like to get changed and to calm down a bit."

 

"Yes mom."

 

***

 

Following the brunet upstairs, Hyuk really liked the cozy but spacious house. It wasn't too fanzy and big and he really appreciated that fact about Mrs. Cho's taste. Her family had money but they never used it to get accepted or famous.

 

His room was at the end of the right floor. There was a desk with a comfy chair in front of the window. The bed stood on the left and was nearly king-sized. Beside that there was a closet and on the right you had a few shelfs with books and some photos in it. And of course Choco's bed right next to his.

 

Hyuk liked the simple but nice furniture and decoration of the room. It was enough to make yourself feeling home. Next to one of the shelfs, there was another door leading to the small bathroom.

 

He washed his face and changed into some pants and a new shirt, putting the other clothes into the laundry basket, before he walked down to be welcomed by a delicious smell that filled the whole kitchen.

 

The Cho's were already sitting at the table and waiting for him to arrive.
Hyuk had to supress a chuckle at the sight of the loads of food Kyuhyun's mother had cooked again. But knowing his friend it would be neccessary. Sometimes he really wondered whether the brunet was even human.

 

"Have a seat Hyuk. I bet you must be hungry after you came home that late. We were expecting you earlier but then only the taxi with your belongings arrived."

 

Doing as he was told, the blonde sat down next to Kyuhyun and smiled as Mrs. Cho filled his plate with all his favorite dishes.

His eyes started to shine, when he saw a huge bowl of strawberries standing on the table as well.

 

"Thanks umma. Well I am sorry I have been late, but there was an accident and..."

 

"An accident?! Did you get hurt?" the woman exclaimed worried.

 

"Mom how about you let him talk first?" Kyu commented earning a warning glare from the elder.

 

"No I haven't been hurt, don't worry. But when I was on my way to come to you after I took the wrong flight the taxi had a problem and we needed to stop. And while I sat there I heard someone cry and got out to see who it was. In fact I found a little boy in front of a church crying and with nothing but a thin pullover on."

 

"Oh my. The poor child."

 

"Yes that's what I thought too. So I went to the driver and gave him all the money I got and asked him to take my luggage to this adress . After that it turned out that Jinwook had a twin he was looking for because the two of them got lost in the snow. It wasn't too easy to think of where the other had been, because all Wookie said was, that they wanted to go to the big Christmas tree. Well luckily I had my cellphone with me and found a Christmas market on the map of San Leandro. While we were heading there I wraped a blanket around the little guy to keep him warm and then we found his twin under the tree. And that's when I met Jaemin."

"So they are both Koreans?" Mrs. Cho asked surprised.

 

"I don't know, Donghae didn't tell me much about them."
 

"Who is Donghae? Their father?"

 

"Well he kinda is. Actually he is taking care of them in the orphange he is working at, because he found them after..."

 

"An orphange?!" the woman said shocked.

 

"Eh yes let me finish. So after the two brothers were back together I lifted them up and tried to ask them about their parents, but they didn't answer and only cried harder. I decided to walk back to the church where I had found Wookie and then see further. Unfortunetaly a snowstorm was coming up as well, that didn't make it easier to get any kind of orientation in a foreign city. And then after a while I heard a man calling out for the twins right behind me. I stopped, because the twins suddenly started to sruggle and then ran up to the man. At first I though he was their father even tho he really looked young and Donghae was really thankful to me. He invited me to get somethig warm to drink at his house, but when we arrived and even more kids came running up to us I realized he wasn't their father and that the boys are currently living at the orphanage."

 

At that point all the people around the table were shocked and Mrs. Cho nearly cried.

 

"The poor children. Being all alone at such a young age."

 

"No. No, they weren't alone. In fact the love and care he gave all of them was amazing. When I entered the house a cozy and warm atmosphere was welcoming me and it smelled like cookies and hot chocolate. And even Charly and Lissy were really friendly. They were all like a big and happy family. Jaemin was right I would have missed a lot, if I would have left right away. Haha I tell you the kids are adorable. And they have a lot of energy. What a pity they never get what they deserve. But luckily they were blessed with a great person like Donghae."

 

With that a sad expression showed in his eyes and all knew he was thinking of his past again. There had been times when Eunhyuk wasn't as rich as he was now and not as loved by his family either, because he had been a nobody for years and got treated like one.

 

"Yah Hyung are you getting all soft now? I didn't know you had a weak spot for fishies" Kyuhyun saved the awkward situation with his micking way.

 

"Shut up Kyu, Donghae isn't a fish."

 

"Who said I was talking about him? But if you excuse me now, I left a game unfinished."

 

With that the brunet got up and went upstairs to statisfy his addiction for Starcraft and to be no longer reminded of his friends sad past. He might've acted passive, but Hyuk knew that his younger friend always suffered inside, when he thought of the things the blonde had been through as a little boy.

Smiling, he excused himself as well and went into his room.

 

He sat down on his bed and let out a oud sigh. The exhaustion he felt was slowly taking over and he felt how he was getting sleepy.

Grabbing some shorts he went to take a quick shower and to brush his teeth, before he sat down on the bed again and looked outside the window.

The clouds were nearly gone and the night sky was simply beautiful.

 

Hyukjae thought of Donghae and how he wanted to meet the other again. He really enjoyed the boys company for a lot of reasons. And he already got an idea.

He would buy the kids their desired Christmas tree the next morning and make them happy. The blonde was sure that the other would refuse it, but who was strong enough to stand the pleading eyes of the children a few days before Christmas?

 

"Right Choco, he won't be able to refuse the gifts for the kids." The dog that had been lying on his bed since he came out of the shower only looked at him with adoring eyes. It was a start at least.

 

But it wasn't the only thing he wanted to do for the orphanage, still he had to think of what he could do now and what he was able to later.

First things first, his dad always said.

Rome wasn't built within one day either and good things needed time. The most important now was to create a plan that would be working. He only had a few days left to get everything done, but he knew it would be worth it.

 

When the clock striked 12 nd he heard the church bells ringing, he looked up to the starts and couldn't help but thank them for the lucky circumstance of having met Donghae, four days before Christmas.

 

With that he turned off the small lamp beside his bed and fell asleep with a smile on his face, his puppy Choco right next to him.

Maybe things wouldn't get as hard as he had thought, but for now he needed to rest. He would have to get up early, because there were a lot of things waiting for him to be done.

 

 

________________________________________________

 

Hello everyone!!

So here is, as promised, the whole new chapter.

Sorry I didn't make it yesterday, but I was on vacation til now and just finished everything during the car ride.
I hope you will like it and well comments are most welcome here and appreciated^^

Yours Slade

 

PS: Here are some greetings from the Baltic Sea. Since we are all kids in our hearts no matter how old we are, I wanted make something funny for you all^^