Shake up Christmas - Part l

All I Want for Christmas is ... You?!

Eunhyuk's P.O.V.

 

When Hyuk woke up in the morning he felt surprisingly refreshed. A long, good sleep did wonders to ones body and mind. Choco was still lying next to him and was peacefully sleeping on her pillow. Carefully, not to wake her, the blonde got up and walked to the bathroom and took a shower. After he finished, the brown puppy was up by then and happily greeted her master with a small bark. He reached down to ruffle her fur, then he got a set of clothes to wear for the day out of his closet and put them on, before he went downstairs. Mrs. Cho was standing in the kitchen, as mostly always, cooking one of her delicious meals. Meanwhile Kyuhyun was complaining about something again. That guy surly was spoiled.

"Good morning" Eunhyuk greeted, once he had entered the kitchen.

"Good morning my ! Don't you have a watch? It's already past noon" said brunet replied with a snort.

"Ah, flattering as always I see, Cho Kyuhyun. Could it be you finally found someone who did beat you in one of your games, so that you have to be a brat again?" the blonde responded, not really surprised by his friends rudeness.

"I wish it would be the case for once. Well if you'd excuse me, I think a game where I can beat up someone's is exactly what I need right now" the younger said and stormed out of the kitchen, shutting the door a little too loud.

Hyuk was slightly irritated by the other, but decided to ignore it for the time being. Instead, he went to give the woman in front of the stove a warm hug and a kiss on her cheek. She hadn't noticed him or Kyuhyun's outburst, because she wore earphones, obviously to cut out her sons complaints and to enjoy herself a little while cooking.

"Oh good afternoon Hyuk. I am sorry, have you been here for long? Just sit down and wait a little longer. The food will be ready in a few."

"Don't worry umma, I have been here just long enough to get my extra dose of Kyuhyun's  cheerfulness during most times of the day. And thank you it smells awesome and I bet it tastes like it as well."

"Aigoo that boy... he is just upset that his father didn't accept any excuses for him to stay at home today, while we are going to the church service. So he will have to come with us. It's a tradition in this area and the more attend to it, the better it will be. You'll come too right?" the woman asked with hope in her voice. And who was Eunhyuk to refuse her request.

"Of course I will" the blonde reassured her and went back to have a seat at the kitchen table.

"That's great then. We will go and visit some friends later on, but I bet you and Kyuhyun want to do things on your own. So we will see each other at the church again. Make sure that lazy bum will be there on time."

"Yes Ma'am" Eunhyuk saluted jokingly and gladly accepted the plate filled with food, Mrs. Cho was offering him.

"I will be gone now. Take care Hyuk" she said and left the room to get her husband, who was probably working in his office once again. Hyukjae wasn't really into religious things, but because the Cho's seemed to be into this particular church service, he would attend to it. And besides, being new in ton, it didn't seem to be a bad idea to get to now some of the people living in San Leandro.

He ate in silence, enjoying the calmness around himself, while he cherished the meal his stomach had desperately needed.
After that he put his plate into the dishwasher and went upstairs to get dressed and go for a walk with Choco. Maybe doing some shopping downtown as well. Before he left, he went to see how his friend was doing.

"I will go out for a while. Make sure to be ready until I am back."

Receiving just another snort and a dismissive hand gesture, the blonde only shook his head and walked out. He really enjoyed the cold air that was hitting his face and made the last bit of sleepiness go away. Even Choco seemed to be vitalized by it and so the two of them took a nice walk downtown. They went to the park and a small playground for dogs, where Choco was able to make some new friends, while Eunhyuk was talking to the other dog owners. After an hour, his little puppy seemed to get tired and the blonde decided to get a coffee in a shop nearby, after he had reassured himself that pets were allowed in it. There was no way he would have left his princess outside in the cold. When he opened the door, a small bell rang.
Soon enough a waiter came walking out of the back and Hyuk was pretty surprised who the blonde man was, but the other just smirked a little, before he put on a more professional smile.

"My, my, if that isn't the most famous Lee Hyukjae. I didn't expect to see you again so soon. But anyway thanks for helping out yesterday. We would have been doomed if not for you, finding Wookie and JaeJae" Sungmin said with a friendly tone, which at the same time expressed the honesty behind his words, which made Eunhyuk blush a little.

"Ah never mind, that was nothing but pure luck. I mean everyone would have done the same I believe. But I am still happy I got to know the kids and you guys. I really had fun."

"Yes the children really are a blessing. I mean I am not around them that often, because I have to work a lot but when I get some days off I am mostly spending them at the orphanage and with Donghae."

"Yeah, I believe you do" the blonde replied, a little lost in thoughts as images of said brunet got into his mind.

"Anyway, what would you like to eat or drink? It's my treat. See it as a small thanks for getting me a few hours of sleep, because as far as I know Hae, he would have panicked all night long, even if we would have found the twins" Sungmin said and smiled once again. Having a look at the menu, Hyuk ended up ordering a hot chocolate and a piece of strawberry cake. The other nodded and went back into the kitchen to get the cake. The dancer could hear how a girl talked to the elder in english.

"Is it someone you know Min? You two were talking in Korean the whole time. You know it is pretty hard to listen to a conversation, if you don't understand a single word of it." The invisible pout couldbe heard in the tone the girl was using.

"Sorry Christine, next time I will make sure to let you have a hold of some part of my conversations with MY costumers. But if you need to know, he is the guy who helped us finding the twins last night." Sungmin replied in a more or less impatient way and the way he had underlined "my costumers", was pretty amusing to Hyuk. A little later the other came walking out of the kitchen with a huge piece of delicious looking strawberry cake, followed by a dark haired, young woman, who looked rather scary. Well not that she was ugly or anything, not at all, but her eyes literally screamed that she was damn curious and damn talk-active, so you better watched your mouth, if you didn't want to be the hottest topic of the latest coffee shop gossip.

" I tried my best to not make you interesting to her, but I guess I failed. I am sorry about that Hyukjae" the blonde apologized in Korean, before Hyuk could feel the girls hand touching his arm and her whole body language made it clear, that she wouldn't accept a 'no' as an answer to the unspoken request of whether or not she could have a little talk with him.

"So I heard you were the hero last night" Christine said and sat down right next to Eunhyuk. He couldn't dump her directly, but he sure knew his ways to get them pissed off to the extent of them leaving on their own. And that was to stay passive and to not give girls like her any kind of eye-contact.

" Well I just did what everyone else would have done too."

"But still I think it was pretty nice of you. I mean you must have been cold" the girl tried again, but a pout was already on her face again.

"Not really, I had a warm coat on, thank you very much" he responded rather bored and started eating his cake. Luckily, a new costumer walked in and so Sungmin had the right chance to help Eunhyuk out of his misery.

"Christine, we have some new costumers. Please go take care of them. I am takin am done with my shift anyway." She didn't seem to be too happy about it, but left nontheless.

"Huh, finally alone. Here's your chocolate Hyuk. Sorry again, but she is just like this."

"Don't worry, sometimes girls are all the same. But in her case it's simply worse" the blonde replied and took a sip of his drink. The hot liquid was exactly what he had needed.

"So where exactly are you from?" Sungmin asked as he sat next to the younger and put his own drink on the table in front of them. They spent some time talking and got to know each other a little better. Mostly they were discussing topics like where they were born, their hobbies and some other things that were currently happening in their lives. Nothing too meaningful but nothing unimportant either. It was just normal things people, who didn't really know each other, exchanged to get closer on a friendly basis. After a while, Sungmin had a look at his watch and started cursing.

"Damn it, I totally forgot about the time. I will be late if I don't get going. I am sorry Hyuk, but I have to go now. Let's talk another time, okay? Oh and have a nice day." With that the blonde ran into the staff room to get dressed and hurried to go home to change. Eunhyuk didn't reply anything. He just got up as well and picked up Choco's leash. It was time for them to go home too. He wasn't too sure when he and Kyuhyun had to be at the church, but he was confident to find a note from Mrs. Cho somehwere. Or at least he hoped so. In the end it had been stupid to not ask for the important things himself, because somethimes it wasn't too wise to trust Kyuhyun blindly. At least not when a play station,a laptop and some Starcraft games were around.When he stepped into the big house of the Cho's, everything was quiet.

"I am back" he called out loud, but surely didn't get any reply. As to be expcted from his good-for-nothing-game-maniac best friend, who was probably still caught up in one of those said video games. Hyukjae walked to the kitchen to give Choco a snack and there he saw they had a missed call from Mrs. Cho, so he picked up the phone ans listened to the voice mail she left.

"Kyuhyun? Hyukjae? It's me. Please don't forget to wear something more suited for the church, instead of noral Jeans and a shirt. Dad and I will be gone now. See you at five at the concert. Take care boys."

The blonde smiled as he heard the woman's lovely voice and wanted to go upstairs, when suddenly he froze in place. Had she really said 5 PM? He looked at the clock, hanging over the door frame and cursed when he got faced by the time.
It wad already 4.45 PM.
They would be late and he could have bet, that Kyuhyun had known about the time all too well, but didn't even bother to call or anything. That stupid maknae! Hyukjae hated to be late. Rushing upstairs, he didn't even bother to knock at the youngsters door and just stormed into the messy room, ripping the earphones from the brunets head.

"Hey what the heck ...?!" the other tried to protest, but the elder didn't even give him the chance to say and further things.

"Yah! Cho freaking Kyuhyun! Don't play dumb right now! You knew, didn't you? About us being supposed to be at the church at five?!"

"And what if I did?" the younger said with a pokerface.

"You didn't tell me on purose. Now get your lazy moving! I don't care if you are in the middle of playing one of your stupid games, nor will I listen to any other excuses of yours! I want you showered, styled and well-dressed downstairs in ten minutes!" The way Hyuk had raised his voice had made the other uneasy.

"But Hyung that's impossible, how am I supposed to...." Again Eunhyuk interrupted his friend with slamming his hands behind Kyuhyun's head, leaning dangerously close. The expression on his face was anything but amused or soothing and the brunet swallowed, obviously feeling concered all of a sudden.

"You know Kyuhyun, maybe you should have thought about that, before you got me pissed off. Now I suggest you learn how to be really fast or I will show you how possible it is for me to destroy all of your beloved video games within these ten minutes, got that?" Hyuk said in a more or less carefree manner, but his eyes were dead serious. He slowly got up again and walked towards the door, holding it open it with his right hand. Before he went to his own room, the blonde stopped and turned around one last time.

"Oh and by the way... I do know where they are all hidden. Still the second drawer on the left right next to your school books, so your mom won't get aware of them, right?" With that he walked away, closing the door shut and leaving Kyuhyun with a horrified expression on his face, behind. Yes, he sure was evil when he wanted to be. But now he had to hurry up himself.

Hyukjae decided to put on a red pullover and a black suit jacket with fitting suit pants. He surely felt a little over-dressed, but he rather didn't risk anything. To his surprise, or not, Kyu was already waiting inside the hall, as the blonde came walking down the stairs. The brunet was wearing a blue Jeans with a fitting blue shirt and a warm, silver vest. Well it wasn't exactly what Mrs. Cho had requested, but fine enough for the younger anyway, who mostly didn't care of what he was wearing at all. Hyuk had known, that with the right motivation, the maknae would get ready in time.

"Now, now, you are rather good at making the impossible possible, aren't you Kyuhyun?" he asked sarcastically, which caused the other to roll his eyes.

"Stop joking around and let's get going to get this over with" the brunet hissed through gritted teeth and walked out of the house towards his car.

"Be a good girl and watch the house Choco!" was the last thing Eunhyuk said, before he closed the door and locked it.

Even though the youngster to drive fast but still save, the traffic was simply horrible, so they were late by more than 20 minutes. Kyuhyun parked the car and both boys hurried to get into the church. Of course not without bickering around. The blonde had actually planned to silently slip through the door, to not cause any big scene, but somehow had his friend gotten the possibility to make him mad once again. So instead of being discrete, they stumbled into the big hall, while pushing each other. They were faced by a shocked, silent crowd and Hyuk mentally face-palmed himself.

"I told you we were going to be late! Now look what you have done!" he said angrily, trying to hide his embaressment, while people continued to stare at them. But thans to Kyuhyun's nonsensitive character, the brunet didn't even try to hide his bad mood, not looking at the elder. Instead, he was looking as if he was searching for someone as he answered:

"And I told you I had an actual purpose to not come here! Why can't you let me play my video games instead? I don't want to see that f... oh great, there he is. Thanks Hyuk!" Kyuhyun spitted out in sarcasm, before he went over to his parents. Said blonde was still too embarressed to notice where his friend had been staring at and bowed to excuse himself. While he walked over to his seat, Eunhyuk let his gaze wander to the front and was more than just surprised to see Donghae, Sungmin and the kids standing there, patiently waiting for the concert to continue.
Like the day before, he got captured by these chocolate brown eyes and Hae looked right back into his. But only for a few seconds, because then the other seemed to snap back and proceeded with whatever he was doing. In this case it seemed as if Hyuk and Kyu had interupted him during some kind of speech.

"Yes as I wanted to say... this year we have two new members of our choir on stage. Please give a warm welcome to Jaemin and Jinwook."

During the whole concert that followed, Hyukjae couldn't take his eyes from the brunet and watched his every move. It was seriously adorable how he sang and interacted withthe children. But when he had his dancing solo with Sungmin, the blonde didn't know how or what to feel. On the one handside, he was amazed by the flowing movements of Donghae's body, because he had never thought that the other could dance like this. He really had talent. On the other handside, he couldn't help, but to not like the closeness and the chemistry the brunet and his friend seemed to have between each other. When his and Hae's eyes met once again, it felt as if Hyukjae's gaze was on fire. He couldn't explain his own emotions, but he didn't even want to either.

Anyway he enjoyed every second of the children singing and playing their instruments. They surely had some awesome talents. At the end everyone bowed and the crowd cheered loudly, including himself. As the people slowly got up to leave the church or to gather together in small groups, Hyuk saw his chance to go and talk to Donghae, but somehow this was easier said than done. Wherever he went, people blocked his way, but he didn't want to be rude and interrupt their conversations either, so he had to wait. Still the waiting didn't stop him from keep on watching the brunet. One thing he wasn't amused about, was to see that tall, dark haired guy being so touchy with the other. When he was finally able to make his way through, Hyukjae had to watch Donghae and the children leaving and disappointment spread across his body for missing such a valuable chance to talk to each other once more.

Sighing heavily, the blonde walked back to the Cho family, all of them waiting for him and got into the car. Back at home, he went for a short walk with Choco and then excused himself after dinner. He wasn't in the mood for a lot of company. As he was lying on his bed, facing the ceiling and carelessly his puppies fur, he took his cellphone out of his pocket and checked, if he had any new messages.
It was already past nine.
Eunhyuk sighed again and thought of another opportunity to meet with Donghae. He didn't have his number, nor did he know where the boy lived. Suddenly, Choco barked and jumped on the blonde's chest.

"Huh, I know Choco, but I can't help it. I guess I am still a coward at some point." The dog barked again and eyed him rather impatiently.

"You think I should just go and visit him at the orphanage?" The little fur ball wiggled happily with her tail and her masters face, as if she wanted to encourange him. Hyuk lifted her up and then cuddled the puppy up to his chest.

"Haha okay Choco. I will go and look for him tomorrow. Wish me luck neh?"

 

 

________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone!
I am back with a new chapter! Or better said the first part of it. I am sorry it still isn't the promised date, but well the wait will only make it better in the end. I still hope you liked this update and feel free to leave a comment.
Thanks for all the support and love I get from you guys!!

Regards Slade