The One With the Arguing

I'm Not in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I don't remember why exactly Hanbin and I started to argue over every single thing. We literally bickered every time we met that people started calling us North Korea and South Korea, courtesy of Junhoe, that little punk.

We were friendly with each other just three weeks ago. I even took the guy to my hiding place at Mangwon river and he even gave me a first listen of his song.

It all started when I was assigned by Yang sajangnim to Hanbin's team during Mix and Match for a collaboration. I was excited to work with the legendary trainee, only to be annoyed everytime he opened his mouth. He chose a song that I despised and rearranged it in a way that was not my style. We had such different musicality.

It didn't help that we were basically the same person; perfectionists, control freaks, competitive and hard-headed.

From there, it all went south.

"Ya! You're seriously going to wear that?" Hanbin whispered to me furiously before a practice session recorded by Mix and Match cameras.

We were both wearing white snapbacks. I wore a black top and Hanbin wore a black cardigan with a white shirt.

"Yes," I said nonchalantly.

"Why are you copying me?" Hanbin asked as we took a seat in front of the cameras.

"How was I supposed to know you were gonna wear that?" I asked in disbelief, motioning to his clothes. This guy was seriously unbelievable, accusing me of copying his outfit.

The director rolled the cameras and his face suddenly changed from annoyed to friendly.

The next day, all the teams were given the time to eat out. Hanbin's team went to my father's crab restaurant Yeongdeungpo. I was enjoying my food (or safe haven as I'd like to call it) until --

"Hayi-ah, why don't we change the song?" Hanbin laughed nervously.

For two weeks, I had tried to persuade Hanbin to change our song but to no avail. I thought that the rearrangement was too forced and not clean enough, but he insisted that Let it Go was the perfect song for us. And now he wanted to change the song with only one week left to practice. Aish, this guy, really.

"Right here in the restaurant? Right now with only one week left?" I asked, annoyed.

Although we disagreed on literally everything, I knew he respected my opinion and was genuinely scared of my what the hell do you want face, which came in handy whenever I got tired of arguing.

In the next hour, Hanbin would fruitlessly attempt to talk about the song, which I slyly ignored. I could tell he was scared and I found it quite adorable.

In the end, I, Lee Hayi the girl who hates to lose, won the argument and Hanbin decided against changing the song.

---

"Noona! Noona open up it's Junhoe! Noooonaaaaa! I can hear you playing the piano!"

It was 4 in the afternoon and I had successfully been composing a piece about puppy love, without entirely understanding where I got the inspiration. I was on a roll until Junhoe -- that punk again -- suddenly came and banged at my door. He and Bobby oppa often came to my dorm asking for food. Sometimes they would bring Chanwoo with them and entirely rob my fridge.

I groaned and got up from the seat in front of the electric piano that I had been playing.

I opened the door to find a dissheveled Junhoe, his hair messy and his shirt ripped on the left shoulder.

"Whoa, you look terrible," I greeted with an amused chuckle.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter