The One at Mangwon

I'm Not in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I continued to wipe his tears and said, "I'll tell you what. Let's go somewhere I always hide when I'm not feeling good. What do you say?" I said as cheerfully as I could, but I knew I still sounded somber.

He fixated his teary eyes on my hopeful ones. He nodded and slowly stood up.

I took Hanbin to the Hangang riverside at Mangwon district. I knew this place like the back of my hand; I used to go here every day two years ago during Kpopstar and during the days leading up to my debut as a YG artist. The silence and serene view never failed to calm me down, and I figured it would have the same effect on Hanbin.

We took a seat on the grasses on the riverside behind the bushes, overlooking the river. We stayed quiet for a minute, looking at the sunset embraced by the summer breeze.

I softly chuckled and shook my head, I couldn't believe that of all people, of all places and days, I was back at Hangang riverside with Kim Hanbin, and I was trying so hard to comfort him when all I always did was avoid boys.

"This is where I always escape to whenever I feel sad. Especially during my hectic and tiring preparation for debut, I came here every night," I told Hanbin softly, watching the calm water.

During my preparation for debut, I never had time to see my family and I hadn't befriended anyone in the agency. I was so lonely and depressed that I had even considered to terminate my contract with YG Entertainment.

Hanbin stayed quiet in deep thought. I could hear his phone vibrating to no end in his sweats pocket but Hanbin didn't eveb flinch. His eyes began to water and he quickly wiped them.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked, watching him carefully.

He stayed quiet and buried his face between his knees again, sniffling. I tapped his shoulder and offered him a chocolate bar I had been fishing from my bag. I had a sweet tooth and always had some kind of sweets in my bag, to Hwangssabu-nim's dismay.

"Chocolate helps, Hanbin-ah. Take some," I encouraged.

Hanbin rubbed his eyes and stared at the chocolate I was holding and took a square for himself.

"I'm just so frustrated. I left in the middle of recording Mix and Match today because I have too much going on. My team depends on me but there isn't much I can do for them. I did horrible on Show Me the Money. And my dad was recently fired from his job. My friends, my team, my family, they all depend on me now. I'm no superhuman, I can't do all of this at once," Hanbin ranted until he was out of breath.

He fiddled with the grasses and scrunched his nose to stoo his tears from falling again. I was surprised that Kim Hanbin, iKON leader, producer, composer, lyricist, choregrapher B.I. was so vulnerable.

Hanbin was legendary in YG as one of the best trainees the agency has ever had. Sajangnim always approved of Hanbin's leadership, songs and choreography and always treated him well. I thought that such good treatment from the agency would make him feel less pressured. I guess I had been wrong after all.

I had, though, heard that Hanbin's father was fired for embezzling funds from a company where he was CEO of, and I knew that kind of news from a father would hit hard for any child.

"But you're doing it. It's not perfect, but you're doing it," I said in a matter-of-factly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter