The One With Hanbin

I'm Not in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! Hope you had a good one! And this is another chapter as my present to you guys! Things are gonna get a little fluffy yet sad down in this chapter so I hope you enjoy!  Happy holidays! >.<

 

After the fun potluck, I was back in the recording room the next morning in -- as Lydia unnie said -- a "musical rut".

I the music player on the recording room's computer and played the song I'm Not in Love by 10cc. Growing up, my father often played me this song and it became my favorite. The song became my go-to place whenever I was sad or angry -- or frustrated in this case -- as it always reminded me of my father.

I sat on the sofa and closed my eyes for inspiration. I breathed in the music and lyrics.

I'm not in love, so don't forget it
It's just a silly phase I'm going through....

As I started singing to the song, someone came in to the recording room. I opened my eyes and sat upright.

Him again, I thought to myself.

"Oh, Hayi-ah annyeong," Hanbin greeted and smiled. He was wearing long baggy jeans and a sleeveless t-shirt with a Mickey Mouse print. He had a Mickey Mouse flash drive hanging around his neck. He had so many Mickey-related clothing and accessories.

"Oh, Hanbin-ah. What are you doing here?" I said as I stood up to turn off the music.

"I was going to do some last minute edits on Winner hyungs' title track. Were you in the middle of something?" Hanbin said as he took a seat in front of the computer and inserted a flash drive.

"Daebak, you're composing their title track?" I said avoiding his question, my eyes enlarging in amazement. I dragged a chair to sit next to Hanbin.

Hanbin laughed softly, focused on the computer.

"It's nothing. It's a present to congratulate them on their debut," Hanbin said, smiling. "And what brings you here all alone?" he asked again.

Hanbin busied himself with the computer, listening to me attentively while clicking away.

"Trying to find inspiration for a song. I'm not good though, you heard that stupid nursery rhyme I composed," I finally confessed.

Hanbin laughed and turned to look at me.

"Don't try to find inspiration, Hayi-ah. Inspiration will come by itself," Hanbin said, looking me in the eye.

"But I have nothing to be inspired by. I don't know how you do it," I said, avoiding his gaze and fixating on the computer screen.

Hanbin then started to open files of songs on the flash drive and clicked on one titled Empty.

"Listen to this. It's Winner hyungs' title track. You know what I was thinking about when I wrote this?" Hanbin asked me.

Looking at myself in the mirror
It’s as if I’m empty
Even when I try walking down this path alone
It’s a vacant distance and it feels empty

I shook my head. I was really curious. Did he have a bad breakup with a former girlfriend? Or perhaps he had a heartbreak like I did?

"I was thinking of Pringles. Hwangssabu hyung scolded me because I wouldn't stop eating Pringles, so I went on a Pringle diet f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter