Chapter 2

Only One, Only You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUNGJI

“Youngji!” he searched frantically for her as soon as he arrived at the cafe.

Youngji who was making the order in the kitchen hurriedly walked out upon hearing her name being called. Right after knowing Youngji’s whereabouts, Jackson ran towards her with a big cheeky smile on his face.

“I did it,” he said.

“What now?” she asked, not showing interest at all.

“Suzy and I, we’re dating now!” he said as he cheered by himself leaving Youngji there feeling dumbfounded.

“Suzy? I never even heard of her name before and you're suddenly dating her?” she asked, not even feel like cheering with him. Instead she felt like her heart has broken into pieces again.

“Well, you know I had a crush on her before. And I met her that day, and I don’t know how, we just cliqued with each other. I confessed to her yesterday and she said yes,”  he said happily.

“Wow, it’s only been four months since the last girl rejected you. Now, you found another girl,” she replied sarcastically.

“Maybe you should find one for yourself too, so you can feel what I’m feeling right now!” he said back at her.

“Go on a date with Kangjoon! He’s interested in you, I can tell,” Jackson continued.

“Mind your own business,” Youngji replied as she pushed him away.

 

“Hey, what's taking you so long? Let's go!" Youngji said as she stood in front of him while holding her bag. 

“I’m sorry, I can’t. I promised to meet Suzy at the park,” Jackson replied with a grin.

“What? Meeting at the park at this hour? It’s already ten, for God’s sake,” she said with annoyed face.

“Hey, go on a date with Kangjoon! Only then you’ll know how is it possible to date at this hour,” he said back as he pointed at Kangjoon who was on the other side, packing his stuffs too.

“I’ll date whoever I want so stop telling me around to date with who you want me to date! I never bothered about who you're dating with. You’re just my close friend, you have no right to tell me what you feel like,” she yelled at him.

She slammed her locker’s door and leave Jackson looking as dumbfounded as ever.

 

She couldn’t help her feelings. Her frustration, her disappointment, her angst, her shattered feelings.

Hearing him telling her to date another person is like telling straight to her face there would be no chance for the both of them.

She never really hoped for that, but all these while, deep inside her heart, there’s a part of her which really wish that they’ll be together in the end, regardless of how many girls he dated before her. She wanted him to realize that in the end, she’s been there since the start.

She lied on her bed, eyes fixed on the ceiling, with tears streaming down without any sign that it’ll stop anytime soon.

She cried herself to sleep, and it’s definitely not the first time.

 

 

She woke up early  the next day and went to work early. She wanted to make up with Jackson for her sudden reaction yesterday. No matter how hurt she is, she must not react that way towards him. She felt sorry for him.

She walked into the kitchen to prepare his favorite drink. Once it’s ready, she brought the mug with her to the counter, while waiting for him to come.

“Good morning!” the familiar voice echoed inside the cafe.

“Jackson! Come here,” Youngji called as she signaled him to come to her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter