Chapter 5

Only One, Only You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngji

“Hey!” Hongbin who was waiting in front of the restaurant greeted her when she arrives in the morning.

Youngji only smiled at him. As each day passed by, Hongbin seems to be able to change her to the way she used to be back then. It really amazed her how he never gives up even though she always acted coldly in front of him. Somehow, she’s becoming the old Youngji again, with the help of him.

“You’re late today!” he complained as he stood up and walked towards Youngji who was opening the restaurant’s door.

“I missed the alarm,” she replied, still smiling.

“You’ve learned to smile a lot these days. It’s like we’re back to those days except for the fact that you still refuse to talk a lot like before,” he said again.

“Anyway, it’s a good improvement,” he added as he patted her head like a little kid.

She ignored him and continued to prepare some things and some ingredients before the restaurant becomes busy. Her parents would come in a bit later today as they had to stop at the market to buy some other stocks that are running low.

“I always wonder if you were like this when you were in the city,” Hongbin asked.

“I wasn’t like this, for sure,” she replied.

“So, I wonder what makes you become like this,” he asked again.

“Something, or rather, someone,” she answered without looking at him.

“Must be him,” Hongbin guessed.

Youngji just kept quiet. Hongbin knows about Jackson as she once told him that Jackson reminded her a lot of him. He would always joked around and tell her that she’s going to fall for that guy because she misses him so much. She never denied it, and Hongbin knew it himself that she’s really falling for Jackson.

“I always wanted to go to that place,” Hongbin’s voice echoed in the restaurant again.

“The city?”

“Yes, I always wondered how it is like to live in the city. If only everything went smoothly,” he replied, his voice getting slower.

They were supposed to the city together but because of his father fell sick few weeks before he left, he had to let go of the chance. It was hard for Youngji at first because she had to go through it alone while she’s so used to depend on him. It was like a miracle that Jackson came in to work at the cafe to replace Hongbin.

“I can bring you there,” she replied as she turned to face Hongbin.

She knows it was hard for him. For the young people like them, being able to live out of the neighborhood is a dream comes true. It was easier in the city, they will get higher pay and it is so much fun than staying in the neighborhood that is dead by 10pm.

Hongbin only smiled while looking at Youngji.

“It’s okay, I don’t want to make you upset by bringing me there,” he said.

“I’ll bring you, and you’re going with me,” she replied quickly and went into the kitchen without waiting for his reply.

 

Jackson

It was weekend and he was expecting his cousin to come. His cousin, Mark, should arrive anytime now and he’s yet to finish preparing the breakfast for his cousin.

As if on cue, he heard the knock on the door. He ran to open the door, and as soon as saw his cousin, he pulled him into a hug. Mark is his closest cousin and they grew up together, until the day he decided to move to the city to start his new life. No one in the city really knew about his family, not even Youngji.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter