Chapter 4

Only One, Only You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngji

“Youngji-ah, let’s go out tonight,” Hongbin asked when Youngji walked back to the counter.

Youngji just glared at him, not bothered to reply at all. This has been her new personality since she moved back to live with her parents. Cold, just too cold. 

“It’s not like we’re going on a date,” he added.

“Even though you’re not asking me out for a date, by the time I close this restaurant I will be extremely tired and not in the mood,” she replied.

“Aish, you’ve been acting so cold since the day you moved back to this neighborhood. You wasn’t like this back in those days,” he said.

She glared again at him, and it somehow made him stop with all those complaints.

He actually reminds her of Jackson. She misses the way Jackson would follow her around and annoy her especially during the peak hours. It’s almost the same as what Hongbin has been doing but it feels different.

 

“I’ll walk you home,” Hongbin said as he waited outside of the restaurant when Youngji was doing her final check of the restaurant.

“You never listen to me,” she sighed.

"I did before, when we were little but now, since you've changed, I decided to change to," he replied back cynically.

She locked the main door and placed the key inside her bag before she walked towards Hongbin who was sitting in front of the restaurant.

“Let’s go,” she said as she started walking, leaving him behind but he was able to catch up on her pace.

“Let’s go for a drink!” he suddenly suggested when they both walked past the stall that serves soju.

“No way, I have to wake up early tomorrow!” she said as she turned away but he pulled her hand, hence, stopped her.

“Don’t drink until you’re drunk!” he , knowing how she always get drunk when she started drinking.

She glanced at her watch and realizing it’s still early, she decided to follow him.

From one glass, to another, she lost count of how many glasses she actually had during the night. She remembered Hongbin went to pay for the drinks and she was staring blankly at one direction when she suddenly saw Jackson walking slowly towards her before everything went blank.

 

 

“Jackson!”

She quickly opened her eyes, and ignoring the massive headache she’s feeling at the moment, she scanned the room, as if Jackson is going to be there.

She remembered clearly how she saw Jackson walking towards her last night before she passed out but now, she realized it that it was only her imagination. Jackson won’t come to her place, he don’t even know her whereabouts.

“Youngji-ah, that must have been the 100th time I heard you calling his name,” her mom, Mrs Heo said as she walked into her room, with a tray in her hand.

“I saw him,” she replied to her mom.

“No, I can assure you he's not here, honey,” her mom said again as she caressed Youngji’s hair.

“I shouldn’t have drank last night,” she sighed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter