Chapter 7

Only One, Only You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jackson

He opened his eyes to an unfamiliar surroundings. He’s in a room but the smell of the room reminded him of Youngji. He quickly sat up which made the wet towel fell on his lap. He took the towel away and scanned through the room but no one was in the room.

He walked to the door, turned the knob and right when the door was open, he could see that face he’s been longing to see standing in front of him, carrying a tray of hangover soup. Both of them froze in their position and did nothing except for looking into each other’s eyes.

Youngji was the first one to turn the gaze away and pushed past Jackson before placing the tray on the bedside table. Jackson was too stunned to say anything and only followed Youngji’s move with his eyes without saying a word.

“Eat this,” Youngji said, trying to not make any eye contact with Jackson.

He felt like he’s dreaming to see Youngji in front of him, and like a puppy, he followed what Youngji told him. He sat on the edge of the bed and started eating the hangover soup without any word. He misses how the hangover soup tastes like, he misses how she’d always cook this after he had long night getting drunk.

As soon as he finished eating the soup, he turned his face towards Youngji who was staring intensely at him.

 

Youngji

Her face turned bright red when she realized that Jackson saw her looking at him. He smiled at her, and it felt like her heart is melting.

“Thank you for the soup. I miss it so much,” he said, still smiling.

“You’re welcome,” she replied as she took the tray to bring it back to the kitchen. She can feel that he’s following her but she said nothing, she somehow love the feeling when he’s around like this.

She was cleaning the dishes and she felt him standing right behind her but she still ignored him. She felt him took a step forward and within a second, she felt his hand slipped through the side of her waist and she was already in his hug with his head on her shoulder. 

“I miss you,” he said slowly.

“What are you doing?” she asked as she tried to pull off from the hug but his strength was too much for her, despite him being sick at the moment.

He turned her around and cupped her face, making her to face him and he smiled again.

“I don’t know since when I started to have feelings for you. But once you left, I feel devastated. I miss you so much. At first I thought that it’s nothing but as time passed by, I started to discover my own feelings. I know you’re feeling the same towards me, so please don’t turn me down,” he said with his eyes staring deeply inside Youngji’s eyes.

She just stared back into his eyes, not able to let out any word from . She wanted to say something but she couldn’t. Her eyes became blurry and she felt drops of tears fell down on her cheeks before it turned to be a sob.

To hear that from his own mouth, to finally hear it from his own mouth, it hurts her more. After years, she tried to conceal her feelings, and now he just came to tell her, how he actually loved her, it just hurts her, and she wondered why. Isn't it good that he's aware of his feelings? Isn't it good that he loves her too? The only answer she has right now is how everything hurts her so much.

“Why does it took you so long?” she asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter