Chapter 9

Only One, Only You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Both Youngji and Hongbin have moved to the city for a few months now. Hongbin has been coping up well with the work in the cafe, and he seems to love the work there. Youngji too, has been doing well with the cafe and her boyfriend.

Every morning, Jackson would come and walk with her to the cafe. After their work, he would send her home. It seems like he’s not even bored with doing the routine for months. Sometimes, they talked a lot, there are also times when they both kept quiet, but it was never awkward between them. Having him as a company is more than enough for her.

It was after work and Jackson have already waited for her in front of her locker. Hongbin have already left earlier with Kangjoon, whom have become his good friend since he rented a room at Kangjoon’s apartment. Youngji was told that Hongbin is trying to match make Kangjoon with some girls Hongbin knew throughout his stay in the city. She really hoped that it will bring a good news for Kangjoon as she felt sorry about him after Jackson told him about his love story.

Youngji

“Is it okay if I ask you about something?” Youngji asked when they were on their way to Youngji’s apartment.

“What is it?” Jackson replied softly.

He tighten his grip on her hand as they move towards the crowded marketplace on the street.

“N-nothing,” Youngji quickly answered, deciding not to ask about this sensitive question yet, though it bothers her very much.

Jackson took a look at her and stared at her, looking puzzled. Youngji just shrugged it off and she pulled his hand to escape from the crowded place.

 

Both of them reached Youngji’s apartment and Youngji quickly bid goodbye at Jackson. She pecked his lips before giving him a hug, the way she would do everytime. She was about to leave when Jackson suddenly pulled her hand and made her turn, facing him.

“Tell me,” Jackson said while staring straight into her eyes.

Youngji tried to run away from his gaze and fixed her eyes at some random things behind him.

“Look at me,” he said, sounded more forceful.

“I said it’s nothing,” Youngji replied nervously.

“I know there’s something,”

“Nothing,”

“Stop this. I know something’s bothering you,” he said as he placed his hands on her shoulder.

“It really is nothing,” she said as she put his hand off and walked off, leaving him alone feeling dumbfounded.

 

Jackson

It’s very rare for her to act that way. The way she grew silent on their way back, somehow felt awkward for him. They always walked together, and sure, there are times when they just don’t talk to each other, but he never felt this way before. The silence is killing him, which is really not the way it always have been.

He made his way to his apartment, his head is still full of thoughts. What is actually inside her mind? What is actually bothering her right now?

He quickly washed up, and get on his bed. He took his phone, quickly dialed her number but she didn’t answer any of his call. He decided to send her a message instead, and still, sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter