6th December

25 Days of December

"SNOW!!"

Taekwoon jerked from his slumber at the uproarious bellow and groaned, tugging the covers over his head. No one should have been up at such an ungodly hour on a Saturday.

His bedroom door slammed open a moment later.

"Taekwoon, it's snowed!" Hakyeon yelled excitedly, his spirits so high that not even Taekwoon cursing at him to get out could dampen them. "Get up!"

Taekwoon's duvet disappeared a second later and he reacted with an irritated growl as he lashed out, shivering in the chilly air that enveloped him.

Hakyeon recoiled with a startled yelp before running, cackling, from the room. Taekwoon could then hear him hammering on the door across the hall and was waiting for Hongbin or Wonshik to open the door and react as he had but was instead astonished to hear their whoops of joy joining those of his roommate's.

He curled up on his mattress, attempting to retain as much warmth as he could as he listened to Hakyeon throw on some clothes and tear outside. Eventually, the shouts below his window became too enticing and he draped himself in as many fleecy layers as he could before grabbing a blanket to wrap around his shoulders and trudging after them.

Outside, the snow was maybe three inches deep and Taekwoon had to squint for a few long moments to shield his eyes from the brightness. After clearing a space on the steps outside the building with his shoe, he made sure he was sitting on the blanket as he lowered himself down to watch the snowball fight. Though, really, he was watching one person in particular.

Wonshik's face was pink from the cold and exertion but the bright smile on his face showed that he didn't care. Taekwoon could hear his dorky laugh and his cheeks tingled as he tried to hide a smile of his own.

A moment later, Hakyeon tried to throw a snowball at Taekwoon but missed despite being less than three metres away. Taekwoon went at him with a kick as he ran away but his moment of defencelessness resulted in a snowball in the back of the head. He span around with a murderous glare but his irritation melted away just like the snow in his hair when he saw that the culprit was Wonshik.

Heat rose in his cheeks as he sat back down on the steps and it grew in intensity as Wonshik sat next to him and tugged on the blanket. He released it apprehensively, stomach flipping when the younger man squeezed closer and pulled it so it was around both their shoulders.

Taekwoon took his chance to snuggle against him under the pretence that he was pulling the blanket tighter around himself.

This time, in the bright light of the morning, there was no mistaking the smirk stretching across Hakyeon's face.