10th December

25 Days of December

"Food," Hakyeon breathed when Taekwoon kicked open their door, laden with a large tin filled with homemade mince pies, a gift from his grandmother. He lowered them heavily onto the kitchen counter.

"Look at how many she gave me," he sighed.

Hakyeon didn't hesitate to pick one up and take a bite, showering Taekwoon in crumbs.

"Mmf, sorry," he apologised, hand over his mouth to contain another spray. "You can take some across the hall," he suggested once he'd swallowed. "I don't think Wonshik likes them but Hongbin'll eat them."

Taekwoon didn't know why he felt so disappointed with that knowledge. It wasn't as if he'd made them himself. Regardless, he put almost half in a separate container and knocked on the door opposite.

Hongbin answered and as he waved him in, Wonshik emerged from the bathroom with a towel around his neck. His hair was still damp and his cheeks were pink.

"My grandma made these," Taekwoon explained, keeping his eyes fixed on the contents of the tub rather than the stray bead of water he'd spied dripping down Wonshik's neck. "They're good if you heat them up."

"Thanks," said Hongbin, accepting the container as Wonshik peered inside. They both reached for one and Taekwoon watched as Wonshik didn't hesitate to take a bite. He wasn't sure why he was so nervous for their (Wonshik's) verdict, but when Wonshik smiled and said, "It's good," around the mouthful, he felt relief flood his belly.

Perhaps Hakyeon had been mistaken.


 

 

Whew, all caught up~! There'll be one a day from now on ^^