16th December

25 Days of December

Hakyeon had invited Wonshik and Hongbin over to watch Home Alone, something that Taekwoon learnt was a yearly tradition since their school days. He'd wondered if it was okay for him to join them in light of that information but Hakyeon had been quick to wave his worries away.

"We want you here," he assured him. "It will be a bit of a squeeze though, so I'm afraid you'll have to do some snuggling," he continued, eyeing the sofa in front of the TV that could just about fit three people comfortably.

"Snuggling?" Taekwoon echoed.

Hakyeon threw him a wicked grin. "Don't waste your chance."

He didn't have time to ask what he meant because a knock at the door a second later signalled their neighbours' arrival.

Hakyeon let them in and Taekwoon took in the sight of Wonshik looking cosy in a plain black sweatshirt and dark red pyjama bottoms. Snuggling played in his head in Hakyeon's voice over and over and he was quick to excuse himself to go and put on his own pyjamas.

When he came back out, Hongbin and Wonshik were both sat in the middle of the sofa. He made to sit next to Hongbin, sure he wouldn't be able to stand an hour and a half sat so close to Wonshik but, before he could even take two steps, Hakyeon sped from the kitchen like lightning. He leapt into the vacant spot beside Hongbin with a bowl of popcorn, somehow without spilling a single kernel. His sly smile was nothing short of terrifying.

Taekwoon was just as disturbed to see Hongbin giving him the exact same look. They were both in on it! He eyed them with reproach before settling uneasily next to Wonshik.

The younger encouraged him to move closer as Hakyeon unfolded a blanket and threw it across the four of them before pressing play and dimming the lamp beside him.

When the film started, Taekwoon could let the lit rectangle take up his vision and block out all of his other senses. That is, until Wonshik began to laugh aloud at every joke and situation. It had Taekwoon turning to watch him instead of the television, absorbing the way his nose would scrunch and how his fist would come up to cover his mouth.

Taekwoon had to sit on his own hands to keep from pulling it away so he could see his smile.

Wonshik eventually stretched his arm out along the back of the couch, making the most of the cramped space, and Taekwoon slowly, nonchalantly, leant his head back against it. It wasn't long before he found himself snuggled against the younger's shoulder, eyes drooping shut.

The last thing he heard before falling asleep was the other three quoting along with the film.

"Keep the change you filthy animal."


 

 

A/N: Watching Home Alone every Christmas is something I do with my family which is why I couldn't resist incorporating it into a chapter. So, if you haven't seen it, sorry about the last line~ ^^;