25th December

25 Days of December

Wonshik huffed and squirmed where he lay on the living room floor of Hakyeon and Taekwoon's apartment. It was seven o'clock in the evening and Taekwoon still hadn't gotten home from visiting relatives. They'd only been able to see each other all of five minutes that morning for a quick kiss and hasty 'Merry Christmas' before Taekwoon had been off down the hallway to meet his dad who had driven to pick him up.

Wonshik had been to see his family and come back in that time and he was getting impatient. Or pining as Hakyeon liked to tease.

A key in the lock had him eagerly sitting up with his eyes on the door.

"Aww, puppy Wonshik wants to see his master!" Hakyeon cooed, reaching out to pinch his cheek.

Wonshik swatted him away and beamed when Taekwoon stepped inside, springing to his feet to greet him.

"Welcome back," he murmured, eagerly accepting a kiss. One turned into two which turned into three and Hongbin groaned behind them.

"If you're just gonna be smooching all evening, I'm going home!" he exclaimed and Taekwoon pulled away with a shy blush as Wonshik gave his roommate a disapproving stare.

They managed to refrain from kissing for a good chunk of the evening, squeezing onto the sofa to cuddle instead and, even though Hongbin and Hakyeon liked to pretend their behaviour was making them vomit, Wonshik knew they were more than pleased that they'd finally confessed their feelings.

But then Taekwoon nuzzled against his neck, lips grazing the delicate skin, and Wonshik's control didn't last. He tangled his fingers in Taekwoon's hair and kissed him hard on the mouth, losing himself in his boyfriend's warmth and ardour.

"Oi!" Hongbin shouted, stretching his leg around Hakyeon with a surprising display of flexibility and kicking Wonshik in the back. "Get a room!"

Wonshik was pleased when Taekwoon stood up and held out his hand, leading him to his room and kicking the door shut on their roommates who had started making exaggerated, lewd noises.

His eyes landed on the Christmas card he'd given him. "You liked the card then?" he asked, proudly, as Taekwoon sat on the bed.

"Of course," he replied, reaching out to adjust it so the image faced towards his pillow.

Wonshik sat beside him and awkwardly clasped his hands, the air feeling thick now that they were alone.

Taekwoon spoke first. "Aren't you going to ask me?"

Wonshik stared at him for a moment, wondering what he could have forgotten and beginning to panic. "Ask you what?"

"To be your boyfriend."

"I thought you already were."

"But you didn't ask!" If Wonshik didn't know better, he would have said that Taekwoon was whining and pouting.

He leant in close with a mischievous grin. "Will—" kiss "—you—" kiss "—be—" kiss "—my—" kiss "—boyfriend?"

Taekwoon bit his lip, trying to hide an extremely satisfied smile at Wonshik's method of asking. "Mmm... I'll think about it."

Wonshik blinked and his mouth fell open in shock as Taekwoon gave an uncharacteristic giggle before giving him a kiss of his own. "Yes," he whispered.

Wonshik pushed him down onto the mattress with a roar of mock fury and hovered over him. It was his turn to pout. "That was mean."

Taekwoon hummed. "But your expression made it worth it," he replied, hooking his hand around the back of Wonshik's neck and pulling him down for yet another kiss. It was something Wonshik could get very used to and he said as much.

Taekwoon smiled against him and Wonshik leant back to trace his thumb over his bottom lip, marvelling at how simple it felt to be with him. It felt like that was how they'd always been – and how they always would be.

"Merry Christmas," Taekwoon whispered, kissing the pad of his thumb.

Wonshik lay his head on Taekwoon's chest, soaking in the comforting warmth that was radiating from him and sighing in contentment. He took one of Taekwoon's hands in his and pulled it close to press a kiss to his palm.

"Merry Christmas."

 


 

 

A/N: Merry Christmas! It feels like only two days ago that I started writing this, but Christmas has already come and gone x_x I'm proud that I actually managed to post a chapter everyday, though I've since learnt that it was a bad idea to set myself the challenge and that I should never do it again! haha

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it and thank you to everyone who's encouraged me with their comments along the way!