9th December

25 Days of December

Wonshik was lounging on one of the sofas at Hakyeon and Taekwoon's apartment for the evening, a Christmas card for Taekwoon burning a hole in the pocket of the oversized hoodie he was wearing. He was waiting for Hakyeon to excuse himself and go to bed so he could give Taekwoon the card without him knowing, but the man was a nuisance even when oblivious to the situation.

Unluckily for him, it was Taekwoon who excused himself first.

Wonshik despairingly watched him close his bedroom door after saying goodnight, knowing there was only one thing for it.

"I should probably get going too," he said to Hakyeon, climbing to his feet. "I just need to ask Taekwoon something."

Hakyeon had sat up at Wonshik's announcement but watched him knock on Taekwoon's door with suspicious eyes.

"Come in."

Taekwoon was sitting on the edge of his bed when he stepped inside, already in his pyjamas. Wonshik would have done anything to curl up and snuggle with him, even reveal the Christmas card to Hakyeon.

Wonshik extricated the card from his pocket, taking longer to achieve it than he would have liked, and finally handed it over with burning ears.

Taekwoon immediately moved to open it and Wonshik panicked, not wanting to be there when he did. It wasn't that he'd written anything embarrassing inside, he was just suddenly worried the glittery snowman decorating the front - that had felt so fitting as soon he spotted it in the shop considering the one they'd built together the other night - would be a little too much.

"Um," he began, much sharper than he'd meant to.

Taekwoon froze, looking up at him questioningly, and Wonshik was quick to take the chance.

"I should get to bed. I'll see you tomorrow."

He left the room without looking back, leaning against the door when it was closed behind him and ignoring Hakyeon's suggestive eyebrows as he peered over the top of the couch.

He just hoped Taekwoon liked it.