21st December

25 Days of December

Sundays were usually quiet at the coffee shop, but now that it was so close to Christmas they were all rushed off their feet. It was a dangerous mix when combined with Wonshik's sullen brooding.

When Hakyeon and Hongbin had arrived home the night before – at the same time – they'd been almost livid to find Wonshik alone on the sofa and Taekwoon's bedroom door closed, revealing they'd stayed out longer just to give the two of them some time alone.

"I can't believe you blew it!" Hakyeon had huffed.

Hongbin had crossed his arms with an emphatic nod that had just made Wonshik want to hit him.

Wonshik gave a huff of his own as he remembered it, jabbing the buttons on the till with much more force than was necessary.

It wasn't his fault that Taekwoon liked to stand remarkably close one minute and then make heart eyes at Jaehwan the next. Or that he let Wonshik hold his hand and then totally blanked him to gift Jaehwan with his undivided attention a day later. The man should just make up his mind and stop leading him on!

And if Taekwoon thought returning his ire was going to make him give in, he had another thing coming. Wonshik wasn't going to lose!

Despite his determination, his heart still plummeted when he reached the apartment block after work to find Taekwoon wasn't waiting for him as he had been for the past two Sundays. Instead, it was just their melting snowman, less and less stones making up its mocking smile every time he saw it. They littered the ground at its base like fallen tears.

Wonshik scoffed at the melodramatic analogy. Like he would ever shed any tears over Taekwoon...

 


 

 

A/N: Argh! I advertised this as a fluff fic and now it's turned to angst! I'm sorryyyyyyy! Things will right themselves soon, I promise! D: