What century is this?

A night that changed it all (The sequel)

Enjoy!

\Jongin couldn’t sleep that night at all, mainly because he couldn’t stop thinking about Kyungsoo and how they were now dating. Everything just felt right to him even when he is new at the whole dating your same thing. Just as he was about to close his eyes, his alarm went off making him growl in frustration. He didn’t want to go to work for various reasons, he was tired and he didn’t want to deal with Lyn. Their breakup wasn’t a good one, but then again what break up is? Sure, there are some couples that end their relationships and stay good friends. What does that lead to though? Of course that couple would end up back together.

He got out of his comfy bed and left to his bathroom with a towel and some underwear. He usually sleeps on his boxers so there wasn’t really anything to take off once he was in the showers. When he came out he saw that his covers weren’t there and figure out that Joonmyun had taken them already to wash them. He saw his uncle in the kitchen dancing a long a song. He burst into laughter when Taekyeong tried to do a wave with his hands but fail. Taekyeong turn around and glare at his young practically son, laughing at him. “What’s so funny?” he asked as he pointed a spatula at Jongin.

“You look so funny uncle, never do that again” Taekyeong pouted. Joonmyun walk inside the kitchen and saw his uncle pouting. He made a face and asked him to stop.

“Hey! You guys are so mean to me! What is this? Ganging up on me.” he said with his arms on his hips. “I won’t be giving you any of my delicious food for that now shuu out of my kitchen.”

“Uncle” Jongin pouted but Taekyeong ignore the puppy look and took a piece of meat on his mouth follow by some kimchi. Both Joonmyun and Jongin practically drool at the sight of the food and the way their uncle ate it. The two of them apologize and beg for mercy. Taekyeong smirk as he turned to look at them.

“What should I do?” he said. Joonmyun and Jongin look at each other, confusion written all over their faces. “To share or not to share” the Youngers face-palmed “That is the question.”  

“Yaa!” Jongin whined in frustration and hunger.

“Ah- ah- ah!” Taekyeong said as he shook his head. “Now say, “Taekyeong is so handsome despite his age and he is the best dancer in the world.” Say it.” Joonmyun and Jongin raise a brow. They were about to protest but, “Ok, you two can leave.” The two sigh and repeated what Taekyeong had just said. “Come on my peasants the food is ready.”

“Oh, shut up hyung!” Jongin said with a pout, but soon smile when he saw a plate in front of him. Taekyeong slightly slap him on the head making him pout once again.

“That is no way to talk to your king.” Taekyeong said with a smirk on his face.

“Ha!” Jongin snorted out, “King my .” He said while putting a piece of meat inside his mouth. Taekyeong was about to protest but Joonmyun stopped him.

“Uncle, take a seat and eat your breakfast.” Jongin nodded. The older one ended up pouting and Joonmyun wonder, “Is he really the old one?”

The three of them ate peacefully. Their tummies were happy and full. Soon, it was time for Jongin to go to work the same with Joonmyun and Taekyeong. “Thanks for the food uncle!” Both Joonmyun and Jongin thank him.

“Drive safe Jongin!” Taekyeong said as he hugged him. Jongin nodded and proceeded to hug his brother as well.

“I’ll see ya later buddy” Joonmyun ruffled Jongin’s hair making the younger one a bit annoyed.

When he arrived, he saw that Chanyeol and Sehun weren’t there. He looked around their teaching rooms but couldn’t spot them, not even on the conference room where they spend most of their time at. He managed to hear Lyn with another teacher and tried to hide. He went inside the bathroom and waited for his former girlfriend and co-teacher to leave. He stuck his head out and saw that they weren’t there anymore. “What are you doing?” he turned around wide eyed, “Hiding away from Lyn?”

“Liza, umm no I jus...” she shook her head.

“No need to explain, I mean I would be doing the same. Lyn can be a pain on the some times.” She said and Jongin couldn’t believe his ears. Here Liza was, talking that way about Lyn her best friend. He was thankful though because he didn’t want to be an and think about Lyn that way. He was very surprise to see the way Lyn actually turned out to be. And for that he was grateful because it made the breakup easier. “Umm Jongin, where are Sehun and Chanyeol?” she asked all of the sudden.

“That’s what I am wondering myself... they are never absent or late.” Liza nodded. She feared that her suspicions were true. After all Min, the one that hates homouals and voted them to not be hired heard that Chanyeol and Sehun are gay thanks to Lyn. Liza still didn’t know about Lyn’s breakup with Jongin but she wouldn’t be surprise either, that’s why when she asked Jongin she was ok with her response. “Oh, I see.... she must be really upset then.” Jongin nodded. “Don’t worry it will pass.” She smiled to him. A part of her wanted to tell him that maybe his friends were fired but she didn’t know how.

“Liza!” Lyn snap the two of their little conversation. She didn’t even spare Jongin a glare. If was as if she didn’t notice him. “There you are! Let’s go, Min is waiting for us at the office. We need to take care of some business. More of like cleaning the school.” She smirked at Jongin and grab Liza by her wrist. Jongin didn’t understand what she meant but the way she look at him creep him out.

He took his phone out and dialed Chanyeol who answer him at the third beep. “Hey, where are you?” Jongin asked his best friend.

“We are heading to school right now.” Chanyeol said.

“So you are with Sehun?” Chanyeol nodded as he hummed. “Oh, well hurry guys because class starts in thirty minutes.” He heard Chanyeol sigh but guess that it was just an annoyed sigh for being late.

“Wait for us in the conference room and don’t let anyone enter ok?”

“Sure....” after that Chanyeol hung up. Jongin look at his phone with a frown. He went straight into the conference room and placed a note outside of the door asking to not enter. After a couple of minutes later he heard footsteps. The door opened and Sehun and Chanyeol walk inside.  “So”

“I think we are getting fired today” Sehun started. Jongin his head to the side in confusion and laugh.

“What are you talking about?” Jongin asked. Both Chanyeol and Sehun sigh while closing the door.

“We just know it... but it’s ok we will find a job.” Chanyeol said.

“Wait.... you guys are being serious?” They nodded, “Why would they fire you?” Jongin asked.

“Because we are gay” Sehun said.

“But no one knows.... ouuuh.......” he stood quiet. Chanyeol smile a little. “Lyn, she said that they needed to take care of some business and she is at the office with Min and Liza.” Again the two older men sigh.

“Let’s go and get this over with.” Sehun said. They were about to leave but Jongin stopped them.

“I am coming with you two.” He said.

“No, no need just go to work. Class starts in less than a couple of minutes.” Chanyeol said, but Jongin refused.

“No I’ll go and see what’s going on.” He said while walking outside the conference room.

“Jongin no one knows about you so don’t risk it ok?” Sehun said as he got out of the room again.

“Lyn knows and she is in the office right now.” Jongin said. Chanyeol and Sehun didn’t know what to say because it was true. The three of them left to the office where Lyn, Min and Liz were at. The school principal and administrators were there as well. Liza gave the three of them an apologetic look while Min and Lyn stare in disgust. The principal had an expressionless face the one that sometimes Sehun carries. They knew what awaited them they just pray that it wasn’t a shameful thing.

“Park Chanyeol, Oh Sehun take a seat.” The two of them did. “Kim Jongin? I didn’t ask for you.” Jongin was about to speak but Lyn beat him.

“I think he should stay as well this totally concerns him as well.” She said. Jongin look at her and sigh. The three of them sat down followed by Lyn, Min and Liza. The four older men sat as well while the principal speak.

“As you all know the school passed some prohibitions a couple of weeks ago. One of them is homouality. We are not going to hire any person that is a homoual because we don’t want our kids to see this as a good thing.” Jongin tried to keep calm but the look on Min and Lyn were driving him angry. Chanyeol and Sehun look more relax if that’s the right word to use. You can say that it’s because they expect it, but they didn’t expect for the principal that had treated them so nice for the five years that they’ve been teaching, to treat them like crap.

“We were informed that the two of you are in a relationship with another man... is that true?” One of the administrators asked. Both Chanyeol and Sehun nodded right away. What was the point of lying? One, it will hurt their boyfriends and secondly Lyn was there she had seeing them already. The principal sigh because he really appreciated them as teachers. They were one of the best in his school and he didn’t want to lose them.

“I am sorry to inform you both that as of now you no longer work here. Please grab your things and your last paycheck will be delivered to you via mail. Once again we are sorry.” The principal said. Both Chanyeol and Sehun nodded while standing up.

“Wait!” Lyn said making them stop walking. “Don’t you all have something to say?” she looked at Chanyeol and Sehun. She then looked at Jongin with a raise brow. “Jongin?”

“We will be leaving.” Chanyeol said while pulling Sehun and Jongin out with them.

“Jongin is...”

“I am gay as well.” Jongin said before Lyn could say anything else. Chanyeol and Sehun looked at him wide eyed and sigh. Liza shook her head and sighed as well.

“Is this true?” The principal asked Min and Lyn. Min shrugged her shoulders while Lyn nodded.

“I wouldn’t be surprise though his friends are gay!” Min said rather scandalized.

“Do you know something about Jongin?” The principal ask Liza.

“This matter doesn’t concern me... all I know is that you are making a big mistake in firing such great teachers for an irrational excuse.” Liza said.

“Liza!” Lyn couldn’t believe that her best friend was defending them.

“You need to grow up Lyn and accept the fact that you have problems. If you want to keep a relationship you should be less selfish and more considerate. With all due respect Mr. Kang, I think that this school is wrong for doing what you are doing. If they are getting fired then I no longer wish to work in an injustice place whatsoever. Excuse me.” she left the room not before smiling at the three shock young man (Chanyeol, Sehun and Jongin)

Chanyeol was angry very angry. He didn’t expect for two more people to lose their jobs because of his fault. Sehun felt the same. The only two people that were supposed to get fired were them and only them. “You didn’t have to go in the office with us!” Chanyeol shouted at Jongin. They were getting their things ready in order to leave.

“Calm down Chanyeol.” Sehun said as he put his stuff on a box.

“How the do you want me to calm down? Liza lost her job too! Jongin as well this was not supposed to happen.” Chanyeol said in frustration.

“I had to do it Chanyeol “Jongin said. “Lyn was going to tell Mr. Kang. It was only fair that I said it myself. Plus I don’t want to work in this type of environment!” he said getting angry for the way Min and Lyn look at them. “I don’t want to see Lyn ever again.”

“You guys ready?” Liza walked inside the room with a small box on her hands.

“Let me help you.” Sehun offered but she shook her head.

“You have two boxes already Sehun-ah but thanks”

“Liza you really didn’t have to quit you know” Chanyeol said. She smiled as she shrugged her shoulders.

“My sister was lesbian and I hate when people discriminate others base on their ual preference.”

“Was?” Jongin asked. Liza smiled soon drop while taking her phone out and passing it to them.

“She committed suicide a few years ago... she couldn’t handle the discrimination coming from everyone wherever she will go.”

“We are very sorry.” The three of them said.

“It’s ok.... anyways, I respect you guys I know that you are great people.”  She said as she smiled to them.

“Thank you...”

“What will you do now?” Sehun asked her.

“I want to go to Paris and travel. Take a year off and just enjoy to myself.” The three boys nodded, “What about you guys?”

“We will look for another school...” Chanyeol said. She nodded once again.

“Well seems like you are now their best friend!” Lyn said. The four of them turned and saw Lyn in the front office. “Bound to happen I am just glad that this school is finally getting rid of the dirt.”

“Shut up Lyn!” Liza shouted. “Just shut up and leave them alone!”

“I can’t believe I ever consider you my best friend!” Lyn said.

“Believe me I wonder the same too now leave!” Lyn left raging. “I’ll be leaving guys...” she hugged them, “Good luck with your job search.” She waved at them.

“Have fun in your trip!” the three of them said in unison.

“She is nice” Jongin said.

“We are barely noticing it.” Chanyeol sigh.

 

 

Both Baekhyun and Luhan bite their nails as they waited for their boyfriends to call them back. They tried leaving messages of encouragement since they didn’t know when the two of them would get out of school. They didn’t even know if they were actually getting fired. Kyungsoo gave his two best friends some tea and snacks that he had prepare, but the others seems to not be hungry at all. “Guys everything will be ok.” Kyungsoo said as he pat them on their backs. Someone knock on the door but neither Baekhyun nor Luhan wished to get up. Kyungsoo stood and open the door. His eyes almost came out when he saw Jongin, Chanyeol and Sehun.

“Can we come in?” Chanyeol asked. Kyungsoo nodded while stepping to the side. Baekhyun and Luhan were all over their boyfriends when they saw them walking inside.

“Oh, my god! What happen?” Luhan asked Sehun.

“Did they fire you?” Baekhyun asked Chanyeol who nodded. Both Baekhyun and Luhan pouted.

“Jongin got himself fire as well.” Sehun said. Everyone look at Jongin surprised.

“It’s ok guys.” He said.

“Jongin, what happen?” Kyungsoo asked him.

“It’s ok Kyungie I mean that place is not worth having us there.”  He said as he hugged Kyungsoo. “I missed you.” he said. Kyungsoo blushed while the rest continue to mind their owned business.

“I already talk to the principal in a school nearby and they said that they are having interviews why don’t you guys try it?” Baekhyun said.

“You did that baby?” Chanyeol asked with a smile on his face. Baekhyun nodded as he pouted.

“It’s my fault that you got fired if you weren’t dating me none of this would have happen.” Chanyeol shook his head while taking Baekhyun’s hands against his.

“Never say that Baekyunnie! I don’t regret being with you even if that means that I would get fired from all of my jobs.” Chanyeol said while hugging him.

“I don’t want you thinking that either Lulu arrasso?” Luhan nodded right away while hugging Sehun.

“These are new times I mean why do they have such absurd rules?!” Kyungsoo asked.

“Homouality is different here than in other places Kyungsoo.” Sehun said. “Korea is very conservative... we are lucky to have each other.” Everyone nodded.

 

Hello my lovely readers!! Long time no see forgive me. I took a few days off to rest and hang out with my friends. I’ve been also very depressed... one of my babies die a couple of days ago. Her name was Luna a beautiful small Chihuahua and she was almost eight years old. I missed her so much but I know she is in a better place now.

Anyways, I hope you all like this update. Don’t forget to comment my beautiful readers!! Thank you all once again for upvoting:D kamsamnida!! Also for subscribing. As always my lovely readers, love Annie