THE ENDING

The Last Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

******* THE SHOW DAY******

 Cherie discharge from hospital a few days before the show. Yasou always with Cherie 24/7 now. He asked for leave for a week. Lucky his friend understand him even without any question.

   “Did something happen to Cherie? I see like she sick.” Han Gil said. It’s only two of them in their dorm. Yasou need some clothes to bring with him to Cherie house. He will stay there for a while.

 “She’s fine. Just that’s I need to do something for her.”

 “Hey, you can tell me anything.”

 “After the show. Do come to watch the show tonight, k? Bring the maknae too.”

 “I will.”

 “I see you there.” Yasou said and leave. He go to Cherie house and pick her up to the Myeongdong Theater. They need to be there to check everything for last minute. Everyone that involved in this show also there for rehearse last minute. 

 Yasou feels so worry about Cherie. After lunch Cherie gone for a while and Yasou have to look for her. She go to the small room that next to Theater to check everything. After check she go to back stage and lay down for a while to regain strength. She feel more weak after discharge from hospital.

 “Are you ok?” Ask Yasou when he saw Cherie lay down on the sofa.

 “Just need some rest before the show. You have your lunch already?”

 “Done, you?”

 “Also done. Can I take a nap now?”

 “Sure.” Yasou seat and he tap his lap for Cherie lay down. Cherie smile and put her head on his lap. Yasou humming something and Cherie hair. 

 Eien called her family in NY. Her mother told her that Cherie sold their house there and her share in her firm that she invest in. Eien feel a bit shocked about the news because Cherie never told them anything. Her mother said just a few weeks ago she sold it.

 “Indy, did you know Cherie sold her house and her share in firm that she invest in NY?” Ask Eien.

 “Ani, wae?”

 “ I also don’t know. Where is she?” Both of them go look for Cherie. They go to the back stage and saw Cherie sleep on Yasou lap while Yasou doing something in his I-pad. 

 “Che……” Eien called.

 “Shhhh!!! She just slept. Just let her rest for a while.” Yasou said.

 “She slept? I have so many question and here she is sleeping.” Eien said.

 “Yah, just let her rest. She need it. She work hard for this show and she need energy for tonight.” Indy stops Eien, both of them out from that room.

 “Hyung, do you get this invitation card?” Ask Mir at Seungho. All of them rest in Dorm today and they don’t have any schedule.

 “No, from who’s?” Ask Seungho.

 “ Cherie….”

 “Wedding card?” Ask Joonie.

 “Ani, it’s to the show at Myeongdong Theater tonight.” Read Mir. He past the card to Seungho and he read it.

 “She did invite all of us.” Seungho said.

 “Will you come tonight?” Ask Cheondung.

 “Yes, of cause. Will you all join me?”

 “She invited all of us, right? Then we all will come.” Joonie said.

 “Ok. Then get ready.” Seungho said. All of them pick up something a bit formal for this show. They choose black and white theme for tonight. Seungho wear black suit with black shoe. 

 “It’s almost time….” Z called for them. Cherie wake up and change, so do with the other.

 The opening is dance from Z and friend. They choose the hip hop dance. Before that, Cherie go out to thank all the audience for coming. She saw M.I.B and MBLAQ in front row with Steven and Ara. Seat next to Steven is empty. She save that seat for Robert. 

 “Enjoy the show.” Cherie said and music begin to play and Z and the gang take their place at the centre of stage. 

 After that, Cherie, Eien and Indy will come out with ballet dance. While music still play, Indy and Eien change their clothes and ready for the next song. They will duet with G.O and Yasou. Next is Cherie and Yasou play guitar while G.O will sing. 

 “You can do it…” Indy said and Cherie take her mother guitar. She really want Robert to see this performance because this song is for him. It Luther Vandross – Dance with my father. Cherie will sing a bit with G.O.

 Cherie nod and they begin to play the guitar. Robert walks in the theater and seat next to Steven. Cherie smile and tears strung her eyes. She suppress her tears and focus with the song. 

 Robert look at Cherie. She just like her mother when she on stage. Shining like a star and her fingers play with the guitar. He recognize that guitar, it belong to Youngie. He bought it for her. Steven called him and asked him to come. He has to watch this show because Cherie has something to tell him. He already come but did not dare to get in until he heard this guitar play. When he heard Cherie sing, he cries. Her voice same likes Youngie. 

 Cherie seat at the piano and play with the piano. It’s her solo stage. Seungho really like her music, it feel so dark, cold but at the same time has deep emotion. She also play her favorite music, Yiruma- river flows in you. Indy and Eien will come out with Z and the gang for another dance. Cherie rest and will come out for another dance. G.O part already done here and he wait at back stage.

 Cherie need her another pills but it finish already, she just have to endure the pain until the show end. She stand behind the curtain and look at Seungho and Robert. Even though they seat far apart but they still watch the show with smile on their face. Indy and Eien do a good job with the dance that they choreograph themselves and choose their own song. 

 “Are you ok?” Ask Yasou.

 “Yes.”

 “Happy? Your shows almost end and it’s smooth sailing so far.”

  “yes, happy and thankful. Oppa, just in case I forget later. Can you keep this key for me? I have another act after this. I’m afraid I will lose it.” Cherie said and pass the key to Yasou.

 “Key? What key?”

 “I rent small gallery next to this theater. I want to show it to dad and other after this show end including you. Can you keep it for me?”

 “Sure.” 

 “Cherie, you’re next.” Z tell her to get ready.

 “Oppa, I like you so much and I will always in debt to you. So many thing you have done for me already. Thank you.”

 “Why you tell me this now?”

 “I’m afraid I will forget to thanks to you later.” Yasou smile but he feels heavy on his chest. Cherie words seem like it was her last words. She get ready and look at Yasou.

 “Cherie, come back to me after you finish this show.” Yasou said follow his own heart. He don’t know why he said it.

 “Oppa, I’m your future bride. Of cause I’ll come back to you. If I’m meet you before Seungho oppa, I’m sure I’ll falls to you.” Cherie said and go to the stage. While the music play with slow pace, Cherie grab microphone and speak.

 “Thank you for coming and watch this show. This show I dedicated to my dad, family and friends. Thank you to support me and understand me all this time. This is the only way I can thanks to all of you. As you can see each song and dance has its own meaning. This is our last song for tonight and I’m sorry if there is some mistake or fault during all this show. Thank You.” Cherie said and stand next to Indy and Eien. She smile at both of them.

 “Thank you for being my friend and my sister. I love you two….” Cherie said and hold their hand tight.

 “We love you too.” Eien and Indy said together. Music play and they start to dance. Cherie really feel so weak and cold sweat all over her body. Her head feel dizzy and light headed. They finish their act dance with laying down on the stage. When the curtain fall cover the whole stage and they all stand up and clap hand. Happy and smile they can finish the whole show successfully.

 “Cherie….” Call Indy. They still need to bow to the audience to close the show. Eien and the other already go to the front of the stage take their place and wait for Cherie.

 “Cherie…” Call Yasou when he saw Cherie not move at all. He turn her body and saw Cherie face so pale and sweating. He check her heart beat it so weak and slow.

 “Oh god!! Stay with me, Cherie.” Yasou said and carry her in his arms. 

 “What happen?”

 “Close the show first…” Yasou said and run to his car. He call Ara while he start his engine.

 “Cherie, she faint again.” Yasou said without waiting for her to say hello.

 “I’ll coming and wait for you in hospital.” Ara said.

 “what happen?” Ask Steven when he saw Ara nervous. Steven saw all her friend take a bow to close the show but no Yasou and Cherie.

 “Cherie, she’s on the way to hospital now. She faint again.” Ara said. Robert and Seungho heard what she said.

 “Cherie faint?” Ask both of them together.

 “What happen to her?” Ask Seungho.

 “I’ll tell you when we reach hospital later.” Ara said and run to her car. Steven follow her from behind mean while Seungho run to his own car with MBLAQ member. Robert get in his own car too.

 When they all reach at the hospital, Ara get in the emergency and check on Cherie condition. Yasou stand there and his face really wet from his tears.

 “What happening?” Ask Steven.

 “Cherie faint again. Her heart beat really slow and weak. Hyung, I’m afraid she can’t make it this time.” Yasou said and cries again.

 “Yah! What do you means with she can’t make it?” Ask Seungho. Even Robert also stand there interested to know.

 “Please seat while I’m explain and please calm down.” Steven said and look at each of them. Indy and Eien also come running when they hear Cherie rush to the hospital from G.O.

 “Where is Cherie?” Ask Eien and Indy out of breath.

 “Please have a seat first.” Steven said. G.O stand next to Yasou and Steven. Seungho look at him but he try to avoid his eyes. 

 “Cherie has leukemia and it already on final stage. She can’t be help again as she already stop respond to any of medicine. And now she really weak and…….”

 “What?!!” Ask Seungho and stand. He look at G.O and his eyes ask G.O to explain to him.

 “You knew but you don’t tell me?” Seungho ask G.O with angry face.

 “Seungho-ah, I promise at Cherie. I’m sorry.” G.O said. Seungho lose his words and his tears threaten to fall. He wiped it with his hand. Robert don’t say anything but he just cries in silent while cover his face with both of his hand. Indy and Eien just cries no need others words. Outside the room it’s really sad, gloomy and tension. When Ara out from the room with sad face, they all know it will be a very bad news. 

 “Cherie, she really weak now and her condition is really bad. Just prepare for the worse.” Ara said and hugs Steven, this also painful for her to take it. Yasou sit drop on the floor. His knees feel so weak.

 “Cherie….” He called out for her weakly. All of them stay in Cherie room. Seungho don’t know what he has to do except silently watch Cherie laying down there motionless.

 “Cherie loves you no matter what. She with me just because it her dad wish. I’m sorry if you feel…..”

 “It’s ok. I guess I can understand it. After all this is what you promise at her.” Seungho said.

 “Yes. We both loved her that much. I hope you can make her happy from now on. The wedding is off.” Yasou said while hold Seungho shoulder. Seungho look at him, he don’t get it.

 “Wedding off?” Ask Robert.

 “Yes, uncle. I already talk to my parent. I don’t want to marry Cherie but the contract still on. I hope she will be happy and I hope you will let she be too.” Yasou said. Robert looks at Seungho and silently he nod. He go out from the room and seat at outside. 

 Robert don’t know what he should do or say. He feel so shame of himself and regret of what he already done. He close his face with his hand and cries. That only he can do now. Suddenly he feel someone tap on his shoulder. He wiped his tears and looks up. Steven sit beside him. 

 “Dad, we need to be strong for her.”

 “I have many sin toward Cherie and I feel so shame to face her. I don’t know how should I face her when she wakes up later.”

 “Dad, you’re doing great already. You almost fulfill all of her wishes including her last wishes.”

 “Her last wishes?”

 “she really want you to come and watch her perform on stage and proud of her as your daughter. All of her life she want to dance with her father and you already did it on Saunder Annual dinner. So now only left making as many good memories with her.”

 “Since when you knew she sick?”

 “I also knew it recently when she faint and admit to hospital. I told you she sick.”

 “Yes, I remember.”

 “Just throw all the ego and start a new live with her. After all she’s your daughter.”

 “Yes, she is my daughter. Cherie Straits.” 

 After 3 hours, only left Robert, Seungho, Steven, Indy and Eien mean while the other all go back and rest. They will come next morning to visit again. Indy and Eien sleep on long sofa, Steven sleep sit next to Cherie bed, Robert sleep on small sofa. Seungho stand look at outside, tonight heavy raining with thunder and lightning. He still remember when it heavy rain like this, he spend the night with Cherie. She really scared of thunder and lightning just like small child. Seungho heard small cough and he turn and saw Cherie moving her hand to cover . She’s awake.

 “Hai….” Call Seungho slowly. Don’t want to awake the other. She smile weakly and almost make Seungho to cry. No matter what she always try to smile.

 “I’m thirsty.” Cherie said with weak voice. Seungho pour some water in glass and help her to seat a bit and help her to drink. She cough again and make some water spill on her shirt.

 “Sorry.” She said and wiped the water using her hand. Seungho take tissue and wiped it. He touch her hand and it so cold. 

 “Are you cold?” Seungho asked and she nod. Seungho take off his jacket and wear it on her.

 “Better?” She smile again.

 “What time now?” she ask with hoarse voice.

 “3am.”

 “so, you knew?” Cherie asked. She can feel her secret already exposed to everyone. She saw everyone in her room except Yasou. Seungho sit next to her lap and nod. 

 “I see…” She said and look down. Cherie really don’t know what she should say anymore. She like to smell Seungho jacket. It has Seungho scent. She still keep his jacket in her closet and no one knew about it.

 “Hey, I still like you… No. I still love you but I a bit angry because you keep it secret from me. Is because of this you reject me?”

 “Yes and no….” Cherie said with smile on her face, like she just jokes around.

 “Wae?” Seungho ask.

 “Yes, I reject you in the beginning but after that I accept my feeling to you. That night I was wearing your bracelet but……. Well, you know what happen.”

 “I know.” Cherie start to jokes around and Seungho also follow the flow. Steven awake and join their conversation. 

 After a few days, Cherie go home and rest at home. Robert ask her to come back to his house but she want to rest in her own house. Robert spend almost every day with her. They talk about so many thing about her past and their plan for future. Almost everyone is coming except Yasou. Cherie feel bad and miss him. She try to called him but his phone always busy or off. She asked Indy, Eien or Steven to call him but they also get the same result.

 “Can you drive me to his studio?” Cherie asked Indy. Nobody at home right now. All go to work except her. She take leave to spend time with Cherie.

 “ But you need to rest.”

 “Indy, I can rest as much as I want after this. I only want to see him.”

 “Ok.” Indy takes out Cherie jacket from her closet and she saw Seungho jacket inside. Now she know where jacket Seungho go missing. She just smile and let it go. Indy drive Cherie car to yasou studio. Lucky they have work there. When Yasou saw Cherie, he a bit surprise.

 “Why are you here?”

 “Why you’re not coming to visit me?” 

 “Sorry, too busy with my work. We will release our album next month. How do you feel?”

 “Great as usual. I miss you.” Cherie said and that word makes yasou cries. He take a deep breath and look at her.

 “I miss you too but I think you don’t need me anymore. You have Seungho by your side.”

 “You’re my second best oppa. How could you think I don’t need you? I’ll always ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter