ELEVEN

The Last Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Saturday evening, all of them at home except Cherie and Joonie. Joonie have filming for his movie and Cherie have meeting with Steven and Robert. 

 “ This Monday, one guest V.V.I.P from Japan will come. I want Cherie to him and show him around Seoul. You can take this as your vacation also. Make sure everything is ok because we need him for invest with us. If he happy and satisfied, this invest will bring good news but if he not it can be a very big lost for us.” Explain Robert.

 “Ok.” Cherie accepted her job. After finish meeting, Robert found 1 big envelope on his desk. He open it and saw all the picture belong to Cherie and Seungho. Robert feel so angry and he go to Cherie house.

 Cherie straight go home from office. She need rest and plenty of sleep. When she at her house she so surprise to see Robert is there standing watching inside from the window glass. She can see what Robert saw. Mblaq play games with Indy and Eien. They having so much fun and laugh at each other. Robert look at Cherie and his face very angry. Cherie walks near him. She know sooner or later Robert will know about this matter.

 “Tell me what is this?!! Are you trying to make me, shame?!” Shout Robert. His loud voice makes all of them inside looks at each other and look at outside. They saw Cherie is standing with Robert.

 “It’s not in my plan….i ….” Cherie try to explain but Robert already slap Cherie cheek. Not just Cherie surprise with that action but all of her friend too. Seungho already stand up but Indy hold his hand to stop him. Either one of them know what should they do. So, all of them be an audience. Cherie clench her fist tight. 

 “Very ungrateful child. You already show me, you not worth to be my daughter. You just bring shame to me. Not just you bring this garbage into your house but you also trying to be with dancing again.” Not just that slap hurt Cherie but Robert word also kills her. She still can take it if Robert say anything bad about her but she can’t take it when he insult her friend and Seungho. Her tears slowly flow but she don’t even border to wiped it. She faced Robert.

 “ You can say anything you want about me, I don’t mind but please don’t drag my friend too. Maybe I’m a shame for you but I’m still your daughter. Your blood in me, no matter how hard you want to deny it, I’m still your daughter from the women you loved so much. For your information, you lost your wife but I also lost my mother. And the whole your life you blame me for her dead and that’s make me lost my father too. You put the blame on 1 year old child until now. Just because I follow my mother footstep, you send me to NY alone. Lucky Aunt Sofea wanted to live with me. Now you tell me, who more cruel? Who should shame on who? I came all the way to Seoul just because I want to united and love you as my father. Do you know all my life I try to kill myself just because I’m not worth it but now I think you not worth to love for. I wonder why my mother loved you so much?” Once again Robert slaps Cherie.

 “I can’t feel the pain anymore. This heart already full with pain and scar because of you. Now I don’t care either you want to acknowledge me as your daughter or not. All I know I already try my best to be your daughter.” Cherie said and gone. She left house and drive her car. She too shame to face her friends right now. Cherie cry while drive.

 Her phone keep ringing but she don’t want to answer it. She want to be alone and quiet. Robert also left right after Cherie. He feel bitter and pain after what Cherie told him. He never saw such mean and angry face on Cherie before. From Cherie eyes he can feel like Cherie want to kill him that instead. Cherie never talk back nor crying in front of him no matter how much he hurt her before but today, he feel different. 

 He don’t know what he feel but he know there is something off inside of Cherie. She really look she already give up. Robert seat on his chair in his study room after he arrive at home. Thinking back what he already done, he feel shame on himself.

 “Rob, we can’t be stay like this forever. I know you love me and I love you too but if your father doesn’t want us to be together, I rather let you go and be happy.”

 “No, we will stay together.”

 “I can’t stay still and pretend that everything is alright. I know how much you love your father. Just let me go.”

 “Young-ah, I can’t.”

 “you have to let me go.” Robert remember his past with Moon Young, Cherie mom. Their loved never sail smoothly. That is the last he saw Youngie and he married with Steven’s mother from arrange married. 

 Even thought he already married but he still loved Youngie. Steven’s mom knows he loved someone else but she can’t do anything. After 2 years married, Robert’s father died because of cancer. When Steven 4 years old his mother died. Robert still hold so much hope to find Youngie again until he saw Youngie dance and sing on stage. 

 “Her body really beautiful, I wish I can sleep with her.” Robert heard 1 men talk to his friend. He get angry and throw punch to that men. From that day, he promise to himself, he will never let Youngie dance or sing again. 

 They get married and live happily just like a fairy tales. When he found out Youngie pregnant he feel so happy. He cherish everyday he spent with Youngie. He talks with Youngie belly every night. He remember how he loved that little Youngie. 

 “What will you name her?” Ask Robert when he cradle that little youngie in his arms.

 “Mon Cheri.”

 “My sweetheart? But I thought she will carry my family name.”

 “Moon Cherie for her Korean name and maybe Cherie Straits her English name.”

 “Ok, I like it.”

 “Mon Cheri…..” Call Robert to that little Youngie.

  He also remember how his world collapse. Everything feel like mocking him. He keep himself out from meeting people. When he saw Mon Cheri, he feel angry because of her he lose Youngie. Start from that day he hate to see Mon Cheri and he never call Cherie, Mon Cheri again. 

 He also remember that night when he throw Cherie out from his house. It’s raining pretty heavy. Cherie begging on her knees and hug his legs. 

 “Dad, I’m sorry. I was wrong. I’m sorry. Please forgive me……” Beg Cherie and she cry.

 “Don’t call me dad. You’re not my daughter. I will never let you step on my house anymore. Guard, take this child out from my house. Take her to airport.”

 “Don’t do this to Cherie. She still a child, for god sake.” Sofea or Moon Eunji, youngie little sister said. 

 “If you want you can follow her to NY!!.”

 “ I will follow her anywhere she goes. She’s Youngie child. You will regret this one day. Youngie wrong to loved you. You’re a not human but a monster. You blame this child on your own mistake. You said you loved Youngie so much but why you do like this to her child. I will let Cherie forget who is her father. From now on she only have me. You don’t deserve to be loved by this child.” That time he never feel anything or feel wrong.

 “Dad, I’m sorry.”

 “Come Cherie. He’s not your father.” Robert watched Sofea drag Cherie out from his house. 

 “Dad, are you ok? Are you sick?” Ask Steven from open door. Robert look at his son but he just silent. Too shameful and his ego make him don’t want to admit his wrong doing.

 “I’m fine. Are you have your dinner already?”

 “Yes, with client. You?”

 “Already also.” He lies.

 “Dad, next month is Saunder Annual Dinner, do you want me to handle it or Cherie?”

 “You handle it but ask Cherie to assist you. I want her to learn and from next Monday clear all her schedule. I want her to focus on our V.V.I.P from Japan. About her study……”

 “I ask her prof and they said she has very good result on her exam last month and very fast learner student. Her paperwork also very detail and they happy with her performance,”

 “If like that, she can stop her study now. I want her to focus on Muju resort.”

 “So, Cherie will handle Muju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter