Broadcasting Facade Part 1

Writing A Secret (Unfinished)

 

“Seungwan ah!”

 

“Yeah Seul?”

 

Don’t forget your jacket! Tiffany unnie said radio stations are cold!” The power dancer of the group yelled.

 

Wendy could be heard scrambling around in the apartment, “Hang on Seul, I’m looking for my phone!”

 

“Seungwannie! If you do forget, you can share a jacket with me! That is if i’m in a good mood!” Irene yelled, chuckling after her last statement.

 

Seulgi laughed at their leader’s playfulness, but then a time check made her panic, “Yah Seungwan ah, we’re gonna be late! Just leave your phone!”

 

Wendy rushed out, “We’re late?!”

 

Irene grabbed at the Canadian’s arms and yanked her out, “Come on, it’s okay to be without your phone for a couple hours.”

 

Joy was already inside the car, listening to music on the radio. She sat up when the door swung open. Seulgi hopped in and Irene slid in gracefully. Wendy sat down with a sigh.

 

“Why the sighing, unnie?”

 

“I’m without my phone.” Wendy sighed again.

 

Joy chuckled. It’s only been a couple weeks since the two got close, but Wendy recognised that chuckle all too well...

 

She turned to face the younger seated lazily at the back, “Give it back.”

 

“What?”

 

“Don’t act innocent. Give it.” Wendy held out her hand.

 

Joy placed a lollipop in the open palm, “Here you go, unnie. Sorry for taking it from your stash.”

 

“Yah Son Seungwan! You’re not supposed to snack!” Irene gasped and snatched the candy away.

 

Seulgi shook her head.

 

Wendy went red, “I-I wasn’t snacking!”

 

“You’re so dead when we get back, Son Seungwan. Period.” Irene concluded before turning back to her seat and resting.

 

It was then that Joy leaned forward and dropped the phone onto Wendy’s lap. She grinned and made a peace sign when the older Canadian turned around to shoot her a death glare.


 

It didn’t take long for them to arrive at the radio station and get presented with their scripts. There was still time before the broadcast and Irene stood at a corner, reciting the script over. Wendy, Seulgi and Joy were just…

 

“Seul, will you sit beside me later? Like pretty please.”

 

Joy held onto Seulgi’s hands, “Nope, Seulgi unnie will sit beside Irene unnie. So you will be with me.” She made a peace sign, “Look forward to it, unnie.”

 

Wendy took one look at the grin on Joy’s face and facepalmed hard.


 

“Oh... Just give me a break…”