Betting With Park Sooyoung

Writing A Secret (Unfinished)

 

Irene turned around to look at Joy who was staring rather intently in her direction. The leader cleared and frowned. The giant baby was still staring.

 

“Yah…”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Is there something on my face? If there’s something on my face, you better say it or I will kill you.” Irene threatened the listless looking younger.

 

“Nope. Nothing’s on your face, except your make up.” Joy replied casually with an eye smile.

 

“Park Sooyoung!!”

 

Joy grinned, “Kidding. Unnie looks pretty as always.”

 

Irene snorted, “Brat. Shouldn’t you be putting yours on too? The show’s about to start soon.”

 

“No because I’m after Seul unnie.” Joy stuck her tongue out childishly.


 

***


 

Hello Counsellor had entertaining scenes.

 

The girls sat in the show and listened to the worries of all the guests. Wendy, the expressive one, had the most camera scenes. Joy, seated beside her, was filmed along side too.

 

Then came the scene where a boy had too many pets at home and his family was feeling burdened by the extremity of the amount. Wendy squealed at the sight of lizard cages being brought onto the set. Her eyes wide.

 

Joy giggled at the reaction, “Unnie, are you scared?”

 

Everyone on the show was gaping at all the animals being brought out. Seulgi and Irene were cringing backwards with horrified looks.

 

“Oh my god, don’t you dare bring any near me.” Wendy whispered back.

 

“Look at that rabbit. It’s so big.” Joy murmured softly, holding Wendy’s hand.

 

“Okay, that, I can allow to be near me.” She gave Joy’s hand a squeeze, “Get me that.”

 

“Ew… Oh my god…” Wendy cringed at the sight of larvaes being dug out.

 

“Unnie.”

 

“W-What?”

 

“Shall we make a bet?”

 

Wendy wanted to strangle the girl, “You can’t be serious.”

 

“Why not? If I have one of these things on my arm, will you do something for me?”

 

“What?” She looked at Joy, wide eyed as ever.

 

Joy turned around just in time to see the stag beetle being taken out of the cage. She leaned forward with her arm out.

 

The host noticed her intention and cheered, “Oh let Joy have the stag beetle! Pass her the beetle!”

 

Biting back her fear, she held her arm out with a smile, watching the beetle get lifted onto her arm. Wendy looked on at the scene with turned down. Joy chuckled.

 

Hoo… Easy...

 

The hosts began to tease Jongmin with another stag beetle and the huge fluffy rabbit. Seulgi and Irene were both staring at her arm in awe. Wendy still had the grossed out face.

 

“Wow you aren’t crept out by it?” Seulgi asked, watching the beetle dust its feet on Joy’s arm.

 

Joy just laughed and turned towards Wendy with a knowing look, “Unnie.”

 

“Yes yes, okay fine.” She sighed in defeat.

 

“Daebak…” Joy chuckled as she watched the beetle go about its routines.


 

***



 

Irene watches their interaction, feeling the familiar prickle of annoyance within.

 

“Yah…” She whispers to Wendy, “Focus on the show.”

 

Wendy nodded once and then turned her attention back to the fluffy creature seated comfortably on Joy’s lap.

 

Right after the stag beetle got off her arm, the maknae of the group was attracted by the large rabbit. She began playing with the cuddly animal with a piece of carrot. The staff then asked for her to have the animal seated on her lap since she likes it so much.

 

“It would be great if I can have this rabbit.” Joy pouted while dragging the bunny back with her.

 

Wendy smiled and began the soft fur, “Oh it’s so cute.”

 

“I know right...” Joy’s voice had a slight whine and she lifted the rabbit onto her lap.


 

Much to Irene’s annoyance, both girls were still side by side each other, even in the car. Their chattering was disrupting her from her sleep and she huffed for a second.

 

“What’s wrong, unnie?” Joy was first to notice.

 

“Nothing.” Irene scowled.

 

The maknae’s face lit up, “Oh and I might as well tell everyone about it.” She chuckled evilly, “So I made a bet with Wendy unnie about having one of those creepy things on my arm and I did!”

 

Seulgi laughed, “What’s the prize?”

 

“Making Wendy unnie do whatever I want her to do for a week.” Joy concluded triumphantly with a peace sign.

 

Wendy face palmed, “I should have known…”

 

“Too late now, unnie!” She pointed with a smirk.

 

“Well, it’s only for a week you brat!”

 

“Whatever! It’s good enough!” She guffawed.

 

Irene turned her frown towards the car’s window pane. She closed her eyes and plugged in her ear pieces, “I’m gonna catch some sleep. Don’t you guys dare disturb me or else…” They giggled at the typical sleep deprived, grouchy leader.


 

Joy turned back to Wendy with that glint in her eyes, “And so…”



 

“You’re mine.”