Of Cafés and Kimchi

Roommate Manor

A/N I chose the picture because its cute and kind of has something to do with the chapter. Also, I made a change to the Characters page because I realized that I put the name of the mystery resident so if you remember what it said before then you already know who it is.

One person has guessed that the mystery resident is Jokwon of 2AM. Unfortunately that is not the correct answer but at the end of this chapter I will be posting three more hints about the final resident of Roommate Manor as well as a poll with options of who it could be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Seriously, what are we waiting for? Let’s get a move on!”

“Alright already Key!” Kyuhyun groaned as he started the SUV and pulled out of the garage after Heechul, but before Changmin, “Are you happy now that we’re moving?”

At Kyuhyun’s question, Key just leaned back in his seat with a smirk. Meanwhile, Sandeul seemed like something was bothering him leading Dongwoo to ask what the problem was in concern.

“Kyuhyun sunbae? Do you even know where the café were going to is?” Sandeul asked, still looking worried.

“Of course I…don’t,” Kyuhyun responded before adding, “But that Luhan kid works there and he’s in Heechul’s car, so we just have to follow them and hope we don’t lose them since I’ve never been there before.”

For the next twenty minutes after Kyuhyun spoke the car was completely silent, until the SUV Heechul was driving turned into a parking area near a line of stores. Once the three vehicles were parked and everyone had gotten out, Chnyeol led everyone down the street, with Luhan and Sehun bringing up the rear. A few minutes later the group of seventeen stopped in front of a building bearing a sign that said ‘Café Hedgehog’ on it.

“Ah! I love this place!” Heechul exclaimed in surprise, “I come here whenever I get the chance. Donghae and Eunhyuk come here a lot too. They have the best desserts.”

“I know right.” Chanyeol said happily, “Though I should know since I’m the one that makes them.”

At that response to Heechul’s comment, all but Luhan and Sehun turned to Chanyeol in shock. Feeling the fourteen pairs of eyes on him, Chanyeol turned to see that he was being stared at, which made him fidget uncomfortably and suggest that the all go inside to find somewhere to sit that would fit everyone. Snapping out of their surprised daze, everyone agreed and the large group entered the café quickly. Due to the size of the group, they ended up having to move a few tables together so that there were enough seats for everybody. Jongmin was quick to claim a seat next to Dongwoo, much to the male’s annoyance, and proceeded to snap pictures of him, as well as the other four idols. This action earned groans all around. Shortly after everyone had settled in their seats, a tall, blonde, slightly tanned male that looked a bit like Taemin approached the table with a stack of menus that he was quick to hand out to the group.

 “Welcome to Café Hedgehog! My name is Kai, and I will be your waiter this fine day.” The young man said with a bright smile before adding, “I’ll give you a few minutes to look at the menu and decide what you want.”

With that said, Kai walked away to serve other customers while everyone opened up their menus to see what the café had to offer.

“So Chanyeol, Luhan” Dongwoo suddenly said, making the two males look up questioningly, “Since you both work here, what would you recommend we order?”

“Well if you’re looking to order an actual meal and not dessert, I would recommend the Kimchi Spaghetti. It’s the chef’s signature dish and his own recipe. Plus it’s really delicious…almost as good as Geng ge’s Beijing Fried Rice.” Luhan replied, “As far as dessert goes, it’s all about personal preference. Same with drinks, although I prefer the Taro Bubble Tea myself.”

“I have to agree with Luhan hyung on the food and dessert,” Chanyeol pitched in, “Though I’ve got to say the hot chocolate is really good, but don’t bother looking for it on the menu since it’s not on there. It’s actually my own special recipe that’s usually only given to people that are feeling really down and could use some cheering up. The coffee is pretty good too, especially when the owner makes it. He and Luhan hyung are the only ones allowed to use the coffee and espresso machines.”

After Luhan and Chanyeol had given their suggestion, everyone decided what they wanted with Luhan helping Sehun since the younger’s blindness prevented him from being able to look at the menu. Shortly after they finished, Kai returned ready to take their orders down. Once Kai had asked the group what they would like, everyone ordered the Kimchi Spaghetti with each choosing a different combinations of drinks and desserts. Looking slightly overwhelmed, Kai wrote everything down before disappearing into the kitchen to place the large order. A few minutes later he returned with the drinks saying that it would be a bit before the food was ready, but it would be one as soon as possible. With that said, Kai quickly retreated back to the kitchen.

“Guess someone will have to take over Kai’s tables until the food is done.” Luhan commented while standing up, “Besides Kyungsoo himself, he’s the chef, Kai is the only person Kyungsoo trusts enough to help make the Kimchi Spaghetti since so many people ordered it. Oh well, be back in a bit everyone.”

Once Luhan finished speaking, he disappeared through a door marked ‘Employees Only’, returning soon after wearing a t-shirt that had ‘Café Hedgehog’ written on the front, and a drawing of a hedgehog holding a slice of cake on the back. For the next several minutes, Luhan moved about the café, taking and filling orders, until Kai exited the kitchen carrying several plates of Kimchi Spaghetti. Upon seeing his fellow waiter, Luhan hurried into the kitchen to help bring out the many plates of pasta before changing back into the shirt he came in and returning to his seat next to Sehun, where he arranged everything to make it easier for the blind teen to eat. With food in front of the next several minutes were filled with silence, broken only by the occasional sigh of “delicious” in different languages and the clinking of forks against plates. Once the food had been eaten, everyone leaned back in their seats and decided unanimously to wait a bit before eating dessert, which they made sure to tell Kai so he wouldn’t bring it out before they were ready. That done, everyone just sat around chatting, with Chen trying hard to avoid taking to the five idols at the table. At one point, they heard the ding of the bell over the door, but chose to ignore it until they heard Kai’s voice call out in surprise.

“Xiumin hyung?! What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be at your physical therapy appointment?”

“That stupid doctor is useless and incompetent! There is absolutely no way that I’m going back until I can find someone better.”

Hearing a second voice, everyone turned around curious as to who this ‘Xiumin hyung’ was, besides Luhan and Chanyeol (who worked at the café), Heechul (who had been to the café several times), and Sehun (who wouldn’t be able to see anyway, due to being blind). The sight that greeted them was a shorter male with slightly chubby cheeks and reddish brown hair, wearing metal braces on his legs, and using crutches that wrapped partway around his forearm just below the elbow.

When Chen saw the newcomer’s face he abruptly stood up, knocking over his chair and exclaiming, “Minseok Hyung?!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Alright starting with the mystery idol, here are the new hints (Remember that it isn't Jokwon)

Hint 7- His group did a show in the US

Hint 8- Shares his birthday with another idol

Hint 9- Once unintentionally hit on a married woman

And here is the poll

Here is what the drawing on the back of the café's shirt looks like. Does anyone know what drama its from? (Hint: Donghae was in it as one of the main characters)

P%2526H2-16.PNG

And now for the people introduced this chapter.

First up is Donghae (I actually have this photocard in my wallet, although this picture is from online)

$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

 

Kai

BRE9a43CEAEP--w.jpg

 

Kyungsoo

ccf1abd570bac61769f03c3614d5c495.jpg

 

Minseok/Xiumin

tumblr_inline_nb92mcy5N61mxc.jpg

 

Xiumin's crutches and leg braces

KAFO-Splint.jpg