Questions & Answers

Roommate Manor

A/N Another chapter in just a few days. This time for Key's Birthday. I wanted to upload it at exactly 12:00 AM my time but I went somewhere with my parents and didn't really get started typing it up until around 11:30 PM. Luckily I already had it written in a note book.

"Well? Where is he? Where's Changmin?"

Despite the rapid fire questions by the new arrival, nobody  responded due to the fact that everyone was still in shock at his sudden appearance. Finally, Yunho shook his head and stood up from where he had sat down moments before.

" Jaejoong what are you doing here?" Yunho asked the other male, "How did you know to come?"

"How can you ask that Yunho? Obviously Heechul hyung called me and told me that something happened to Changmin, so I rushed here." Jaejoong replied in aggravation, "Now tell me where my baby is!"

At that demand, Taemin finally stood up, walked over to the frustrated male and hugged him.

"Changmin hyung is in surgery Jae umma." Taemin replied, "He was hit by a car and pinned against a wall. I would havebeen hit too but he pushed me out of the way before it happened."

At Taemin's words Jaejoong and Yunho both went rigid before Jaejoong realized that his shirt was getting wet due to Taemin's tears of distress. Quietly Jaejoong brought up his arms to wrap them around the trembling twenty-year-old and just held him as his own tears started to fall. When Yunho saw Jaejoong's tears, he quickly walked over and placed an arm around the slightly older idol in order to comfort him as best he could. Finally, after several hours, the light over the ORA doors turned off and a man in scrubs came out a few minutes later drying his hands with a paper towel. Once he made his way over to the waiting group, they quickly surrounded him and proceeded to bombard him with questions.

"Woah! Please settle down." the man requested, " I know you are all worried about Changmin but I can only answer one question at a time. I'll star with Taemin since Changmin is his cousin."

"Wait a second. How do you know that Dr. Shim?" Yunho demanded, pausing to look at the doctor's name tag.

"Yunho, Dr. Shim is Changmin's appa." Jaejoong responded, "Of course he would know who my baby's cousin is. Now be quiet and let Taemin ask his question."

When Jaejoong finished speaking, Yunho looked at the doctor in shock unable to comprehend what he had just een told. While Yunho stood gaping, Taemin moved away from Jaejoong, who he had been cuddled against since the elder's arrival, and approached his uncle.

"Samchon, how is Changmin hyung." Taemin asked looking up at the doctor, "Will hyung be okay? Please thell me he'll be okay."

"As of right now,  Changmin is in a medically induced coma so that his body will have time to heal." Dr, Shim replied, "His injuries are not pretty but they aren't as severe as they could have been, given the situation. Changmin has multiple broken and cracked ribs, some of which punctured his lungs in a way that the normal surgery to repair the damage could potentially result in him losing his voice. Thankfully, I've encountered this before and know a procedure that will prevent that from happening."

"What do you mean you've encountered Chanmin's type of lung injury before?" Kyuhyun asked, narrowing his eyes.

"Simple" Dr. Shim replied, "A number of years ago there was a patient that was in a bad car accident. In the xrays that were taken his lungs were white instead of the normal black due to eing punctured. The doctor treating him wanted to do a surgery to repair them by going through his throat which would likely cause damage to his vocal cords. His parents refused to let the doctor do the procedure and told him to find another way. I heard about it and came up with a solution that would allow me to repair the damage without risking his voice, That procedure is what I will be using on Changmin in a few days once he's had some time to heal."

"That story sounds familiar. Why is that?" Heechul commented once the doctor stopped talking.

Smiling, Dr. Shim placed a hand gently on Taemin's shoulder before replying, "Its familiar because of who that patient was."

"Well, who was it?" Kyuhyun demanded.

"Cho Kyuhyun, that patient was you."

--------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Chapter 9 is complete and now you know more of what happened with Changmin and Taemin.

Character introduced in this chapter

Jaejoong

9c125bc175576a4f349e8817e4289cb7.jpg

Chapter 10 will be out on the next Birthday of a character.