Injuries & Breakdowns

Roommate Manor

A/N So this chapter was a long time coming. I already had it written out but just took forever to get it typed up. I decided to finally finish typing it because I wanted to upload it on Chen's Birthday.

--------------------------------------------

“Wake up Changmin hyung! Please open your eyes!”

This is what bystanders heard Taemin shout just moments after TVXQ’s maknae was hit by a car. When Changmin heard the screeching of tires and looked up to see a car headed toward him and Taemin, the idol reacted quickly and pushed his beloved cousin out of the vehicle’s path. Unfortunately, Changmin wasn’t able to get out of the way and ended up being pinned to a wall by the car. When people realized that the victim of the car accident was an idol, phones were immediately pulled out as people began taking pictures and videos of what had just transpired. Some even included Taemin’s actions in their videos as the twenty-year-old tried to wake up his cousin. Finally, someone had the presence of mind to call 119 and report the incident.

Fifteen minutes later, sirens were heard as an ambulance, police car, and a third vehicle drove up and people reluctantly moved aside to make way for the paramedics, two cops working to keep people back while two men exited the third vehicle revealing their own badges.

“I am Detective Choi Minhyuk and this is my partner, Detective Kim Junho.” The taller of the two men introduces, “Now, can anyone tell me what happened here, and why an idol is pinned to the wall by a car while a young man is freaking out?”

For a few moments, everything was silent until a girl came forward.

Well Changmin oppa and the guy freaking out were just walking down the street when the car came out of nowhere.” The girl explained before continuing, “When Changmin oppa saw it he pushed the other guy out of the way but got hit himself. Oppa should have just ignored him and escaped himself!”

“Considering the fact that the person he saved is his cousin, I don’t think Changmin ssi would just stand by and watch as a family member gets hit by a car.” Detective Choi said, “Would you let someone you care about get hurt when there is something you can do to prevent it, even if you might get injured in the process? No? Well then, you don’t really have any right to say who should and shouldn’t be hit by a car. Changmin ssi risked his life because he loves his cousin.”

While detective Choi was talking to the witnesses, the paramedics and some other officers moved the car, allowing them to move Changmin’s unconscious form onto a stretcher to be loaded into the ambulance. Meanwhile, Detective Kim was sitting with Taemin and talking to the younger male in order to distract him from what was happening with his injured cousin. After a few minutes, it was clear that talking wasn’t helping and Detective Kim quietly wrapped a comforting arm around Taemin’s trembling shoulders.

“Taemin ah, the paramedics are ready to go.” Detective Choi called from near the ambulance, “Do you want to ride with Changmin to the hospital, or do you want Junho and I to drive you there? Either way you’ll need to be checked out to make sure you’re okay.”

“I’ll go with Changmin hyung.” Taemin replied before adding, “Could you let Minho hyung and the others know before you head to the hospital? They’re at Café Hedgehog down the street.”

Once Detective Choi and Detective Kim agreed to the request, Taemin climbed into the ambulance and grabbed Changmin’s hand while silently begging his cousin to be okay.

After about twenty minutes the ambulance arrived the hospital and Taemin climbed out, allowing the paramedics to unload the stretcher and hurry into the emergency room to hand Changmin over to the doctor to be treated. Before entering the building, Taemin took a moment to look up at the sign that said “Tae Lee Hospital” and relaxed slightly knowing that his beloved cousin would be in the best hands possible. Finally, he entered the emergency room where there was a nurse waiting to lead him into a room to sit and wait for a doctor to examine him. After a few minutes, a doctor came in, checked him over, treated the scrapes he received when he fell, and warned him that his head would be tender for a while since there was a nasty bump from where his head had hit the ground. After that Taemin was led to somewhere he could wait for news on Changmin’s condition. After a while, he could hear the sound of several pairs of feet hurrying toward where he was sitting and looked up to see the others approaching him.

“Taemin ah! What on earth happened?” Junsu questioned when he was close enough, “Junho said that you and Changmin were in an accident but wouldn’t say anything beyond that. And where’s Changmin anyway?”

At that last question, Taemin just pointed to the set of double doors with a light over them, meaning that the maknae of TVXQ was in surgery. This caused the others to gasp in shock while Heechul quickly went to Taemin’s side and pulled the now sobbing male into his arm to comfort him. While everyone sat quickly, shocked at what happened to Changmin, Junsu suddenly sat up wide-eyed as though he had realized something important.

“Guys! We need to call Yunho and let him know what happened!” Junsu exclaimed, “Changmin told me this morning that the two of them have a schedule tomorrow morning. If we don’t call Yunho he’ll show up at the manor tomorrow looking for Changmin who won’t be there!”

“I’ll call him.” Heechul said, sitting up with his arm still around Taemin who had fallen asleep, “Minho take over holding Taemin for me so I can go outside and call Yunho since phones aren’t supposed to be used in the building.”

Once Minho had carefully replaced Heechul, the older male headed down the hall with Hangeng following behind due to the fact that he had noticed that the diva’s hands were trembling though he had tried to hide it. Once they were gone, Sandeul, Dongwoo, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol got up saying they would go and get drinks for everyone. After taking everyone’s requests, the four headed toward the hospitals cafeteria. While they were gone, Heechul and Hangeng returned, the former’s eyes red and swollen telling everyone that he had cried while they were gone. Ten minutes later, the other four returned, arms loaded with beverages, and joined by a distraught Yunho who immediately went to Junsu and pulled the shorter male into a tight hug asking what happened. At that question Junsu answered that he wasn’t one hundred percent sure since he wasn’t there. Unknown to the others, Taemin had woken up when those that had left returned and was just sitting there quietly, leaning against his childhood friend for reassurance.

Finally, Taemin decided to speak up and let everyone know what had happened to Changmin, but before he could, the group jumped upon hearing the sound of someone sprinting toward them. When they turned the sound, everyone let out a collective gasp at who had arrived. Before anyone could speak, the person that had shown up straightened and demanded.

“Where is my baby? Tell me now!”

--------------------------------------

A/N

Characters introduced in this chapter

Yunho

TVXQ-Yunho.jpg

 

Only one person introduced this time but there will be more soon.

No hints this time but within the next few chapters the mystery roomate will be revealed. The next chapter will hopefully be typed up in the next couple of days since I want to have it done by Key's birthday in Saturday.