Chilling at the Ranch With Friends

Roommate Manor

A/N: Again not proofread so let me know if there are any mistakes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hyung what are you doing here?" Changmin asked in shock, "Did you forget that we aren't supposed to see each other?"

"Changmin, I don't think the two of us would be here if the person that invited us cared about those rules." Junsu said with a laugh, "By the way, this is my cousin and roommate, Byun Baekhyun."

Nodding politely, Baekhyun smiled slightly before returning to the game he was playing on the phone.

"So are you guys ready to go horseback riding Junsu hyung?" Taemin asked as he plopped into the seat across the aisle from where Junsu was sitting, "Luckily you're dressed properly for it."

For the next hour, Taemin, Changmin, Minho, and Junsu talked about a variety of topics with Baekhyun chiming in from time to time. Eventually, Taemin drifted to sleep snuggled against Minho causing the others to speak quietly so as not to wake him. At one point Chanyeol and Sandeul moved to the back to introduce themselves to Junsu and Baekhyun before sitting down and joining the conversation. Roughly two hours after Taemin fell asleep, Minho gently shook him awake telling him that they had arrived at the ranch.

"Finally! Now where are the horses?" Taemin asked, running off of the bus and leaving the others gaping after him.

"Uh...wasn't he just asleep?" Baekhyun asked in the process of putting his phone away, "How is he so energetic?"

"Taemin spent the last ten years living on our aunt's ranch in California." Changmin explained as he headed toward the front of the bus, "He grew up surrounded by horses so he loves being near them. And if you're wondering how she can be my aunt and Taemin's, we're cousins."

"He's telling the truth Baek." Junsu confirmed when he saw the doubtful look on his cousin's face, "Taemin is also Eunhyuk's cousin and I would know since I've known Eunhyuk for years."

As they talked everyone joined Taemin at the entrance and waited for someone to approach them to show them around. After a couple of minutes, two people walked up and asked if they were the group from Roommate Manor before leading them over to an area where a series of hurtles were set up. A few minutes later a large brown horse was brought out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the horse was brought out the person leading it told the group that he would be demonstrating a series of jumps using the prepared hurtles. Moments later the rider mounted the horse and got ready to jump.

(Pretend the horse from the previous picture is the one jumping)

 

 

 

 

When the demonstration was finished, Taemin looked around and saw the astonishment on the faces of many of the others in the group, which made him smile. Moments later everyone was startled by a shout of "Somebody catch that horse!" and turned to see a large chestnut colored horse galloping toward them. Just before the horse reached the group they quickly leaped out of the way. Getting up, Taemin swiftly ran after the runaway horse, grabbed the reigns, and after swinging himself onto the still moving animal pulled back on the reigns, effectively stopping it. Maneuvering carefully, Taemin turned the horse and headed back to the amazed group looking nonchalant.

"How the heck did you do that Taemin?!" Sandeul exclaimed in utter shock, "I've only seen stuff like that on TV."

"Don't forget, Taemin grew up on a ranch." Minho said with a laugh, "It doesn't surprise me that he knows how to do that."

"Same here." Heechul said smiling, "He did something like that when I visited his aunt's ranch a few years back. Of course, that was because some idiot decided to ride Taemin's horse which doesn't like anyone except Taemin riding him. The idiot's dad tried to have the horse put down even though it only happened because his son decided not to follow one simple rule."

"What rule is that?" Baekhyun asked in confusion.

"No one is allow to ride, or touch, Taemin's horse except for Taemin because the risk serious injury if they do." Minho, Heechul, and Changmin replied in unison, surprising everyone.

"Wow...I don't know what to say to that." Chanyeol commented, "It's freaky how you three hyungs were completely in sync."

At Chanyeol's comment everyone laughed before they were instructed to pick out a horse to ride for the day with Taemin choosing the horse he had stopped a few minutes earlier. When it came time for Luhan to decide what horse he wanted to ride he asked if there were any that could handle two people so he and Sehun could ride together due to the younger's blindness. Thinking for a moment, the handler pointed out a large Clydesdale saying that she was a strong horse used to carrying a lot of weight and would be perfectly capable of carrying both young men.

"Hana here is a Clydesdale which are typically working horses so she'll be more than capable of carrying you and your friend." the handler said before grabbing a saddle and placing it on the horse. Once done the handler proceeded to help Sehun and Luhan mount the large horse and get comfortable on the mare's back before turning to help any of the others that needed it. Most of them did except for Taemin, Minho, Heechul, Changmin, and Kyuhyun who had all ridden horses before at some point.

For the rest of the day the group of seventeen continued riding around the property, only taking breaks to eat and relax, with the more experienced riders galloping. As the sun started to set, the group packed up whatever they had brought with them and loaded onto the bus that would bring them back to Roommate Manor. During the long drive home, everyone dozed off and slept until the bus came to a sudden stop in front of the Manor. Disembarking, everybody headed inside and dispersed to their own rooms to shower and get ready for bed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(two person room is similar but doesn't have the top bunks)

 

(bathroom in each room, photo changed due to previous not working anymore)

 

Once everyone had showered and changed, those who had early schedules (Karam, Kyuhyun, and Heechul) went to bed while the rest went into the game room to watch How to Train Your Dragon 2. Once the movie ended everyone bid each other good night and headed toward their respective rooms to sleep. Before everyone had left the room Taemin decided to give them a slightly cryptic warning.

"Be careful when you get up tomorrow morning." Taemin said with a slight smirk, "If you sit up to fast you might regret it. Good night."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Finally reached the end of Chapter 4 after a couple months. Sorry it took so long but I was borrowing someone's laptop when I started this and after I gave it back I had no way to update. Hopefully the updates won't take as long now that I have my own computer but since I'm in college there is no guarantee that I will be updating regularly, although I will try.

There are no pictures this time since no new characters were introduced. I'm sure you've noticed that only 17 out of 18 people have moved in but I assure you the last one will show up eventually but I will give you 3 hint and you can guess.

Hint 1- Is associated with aliens

Hint 2- Is 4D

Hint 3- Is not part of EXO

Try to guess who it is in the comments and if there are no right answers I'll give more hints in chapter 5.

On another note, I plan to have the residence of Roommate Manor go on more trips together and I already have one destination planned but I would like some ideas from the readers so that the characters can go on a variety of adventures that will help them bond. If you have any suggestions leave a comment and I'll see if it will work for the story.