Chen the Jerk

Roommate Manor

A/N I know that it's been a while since I posted any thing but do have the next few chapters written on paper. It's just a matter of getting them typed up and spellchecked. I will try to update chapter 13 this weekend.

--------------------------------

“Wait! Are you guys living in that big manor with Heechul hyung?”

At the exclamations two different voices, both Hangeng and Taemin turned around in confusion. What they found were two people that they both knew very well.

“Hyukjae hyung! Donghae hyung! What are you doing here?” Taemin asked, running up and hugging the two older men, “Are you gonna be buying strawberry milk and chocolate milk? It’s been ages since I last saw you guys!”

While Taemin was chattering, the two me he was hugging looked at both Heechul and Hangeng in confusion, knowing that the 20-year-old only babbled like that when he was extremely upset about something.

“Heechul hyung, what happened?” Donghae asked worried.

“Changmin was hit by a car a few hours ago.” Heechul answered, “Taemin was almost hit too but Changmin pushed him out of the way. In case you’re wondering, Eunhyuk, none of us were there when it happened. We were down the street at a cafe. Taemin and Changmin left to wander around a little and catch up when the accident happened.”

“Is Changmin ok?” Eunhyuk asked, tightening his hold on Taemin’s Trembling form.

“Doctor Shim has him in a medically induced coma for now.” Kyuhyun answered while typing something on his phone, “In a few days he plans on taking Changmin into surgery to repair his lungs. In case you’re wondering, Changmin is getting the same surgery as I did after the accident a few years back. Did you know that Doctor Shim performed my surgery too?”

“I did actually.” Eunhyuk replied, earning a surprised look from Kyuhyun, “Doctor Shim has been my doctor my whole life since he is my uncle Taehwan’s brother-in-law. He was Taemin’s doctor too, up until Taemin moved to California.”

“Wait, isn’t there some kind of rule that says doctors aren’t supposed to treat family or people they know personally?” Yunho asked suddenly, “Doctor Shim is Changmin’s father right? Then shouldn’t someone else be treating him?”

“Technically yes Yunho.” Jaejoong chimed in, “However, Doctor Shim is one of the best doctors in the world and is, therefore, the best choice for Changminnie right now. Don’t you want my baby to have the best possible care while he recovers? His appa is the best and personally I trust nobody else with Changmin’s health.”

That said, Jaejoong returned to putting groceries in his car, gesturing for Yunho to do the same. Taking his cue, the rest proceeded to load up the other three vehicles, except for Taemin who remained securely wrapped in Eunhyuk’s arms. Donghae joined in on moving the groceries, and with everyone working together the groceries were quickly stored. That task done, everyone climbed into their vehicles with Taemin getting in last after essentially begging both Eunhyuk and Donghae to visit the manor that evening for dinner. Besides Jeongmin nobody protested Taemin inviting the Super Junior members, knowing that the 20-year-old was upset and being willing to bend over backwards to make him happy despite several of them having only met him a few days earlier.

Half an hour later, the group had finally made it back to the manor where Chen was waiting for them, furious that they had taken so long to get back. Even the sight of all the groceries was not enough to calm his anger.

“Oh now you come back, ages after I did. There is absolutely no freaking way that it sook you this long to get groceries.” Chen said fuming, “I bet you don’t even have a valid reason for taking so bloody long to return.”

While Chen continued to rant about how long everyone was gone, the people in question decided to ignore him and started bringing in the groceries. Upon noticing that he was being ignored, Chen quickly moved in front of Taemin and started interrogating the younger about Changmin’s absence.

“Hey, where’s that idol cousin of yours?” Chen started, “Did he finally decided that he’s better than the rest of us? Is he planning on moving out? Is he going back to where he was living before?”

On and on, Chen continued to badger Taemin about his missing cousin. The others, except Jeongmin, tried to get Chen to stop, but he refused to listen to any of them, especially the idols. Finally, Taemin couldn’t stand the harassment any longer and shouted with tears in his eyes

“CHANGMIN HYUNG IS IN THE HOSPITAL!”

------------------------------------------

A/N I am still trying to come up with ideas for activities that the residents of Roommate Manor can do in the future. It diesn't have to be limited to South Korea.