A Step in a New Relationship

Recuperating From The Past

*Sera’s POV*

Today was a good day with great weather so I decided to go back to the playground. I couldn’t start with my project the other day because of L appeared from nowhere and ruined my mood. Changmi unnie was already off to work and I was bored to death since the semester break for college student had already started. Once I reached the playground, I was brought to an abruptly stop as soon as saw L’s silhouette. He was not alone as that baby girl who I assumed to be his daughter, so I hide behind the nearby a tree.

L was with a handsome muscular guy and an adorable guy, ‘Isn’t that Park Hyunchul?’ I titled my head.

‘What is he doing here?’ I knew him since I worked as a waitress in his club. It was odd because he hadn’t come to the club for over a month, and because of that there was a rumor circulating that L had taken over his club.

‘Tsk selfish brat.’ I thought and snorted but soon heard L’s soft voice. I curiously stared at him, ‘He doesn’t look that bad. He must love his daughter a lot. What a lucky girl.’ A small smiled unintentionally form on my lips.

“Hyung, I wondered why her parents never looked for her.” L spoke while her cheek gently.

‘Parents? I thought it was him….’ I blinked in confusion and continued listening to their conversation.

“I don’t know but it is sad to see her like this. We might be able give her love just like parents do but we are not her parents.” Karam replied.

“Maybe babies are annoying for her parents or something?” The muscular guy shot back.

“Aish Jae hyung, you are so heartless” L rolled his eyes and pushed the muscular guy’s head lightly.

“Do you think her parents will get her back again one day?” Karam asked.

“NO WAY. I’M GONNA MISS HER.” L pouted and hugged the baby closed to him. It was really cute seeing him like this because I have never seen this loving side.

‘I was wrong about him; he is not that bad. I need to learn how to forget the past.’ I thought and sighed heavily, closing my eyes. I felt someone poking my back forcing me to snap out of my thoughts and slowly look back. My eyes became round when I saw him standing before me.

 

*L’s POV*

I brought Karam and Jaejoong hyung again to the same playground that I met Sera at last time. Yunho hyung thought that I was insane and odd for wanting to bring Chinnie out once more.

“What? You want to bring Chinnie out again? Why are you being odd?” Yunho hyung scoffed sarcastically.

Yunho hyung never permits me to go out alone with Chinnie, so I always have to drag Jaejoong and Karam hyung along with me everywhere which gets annoying. I wanted to come here again to meet Sera because I had this strong instinct that she might come again today. I know for a fact that my instincts are never wrong. We were having random conversations as my eyes couldn’t stop scanning around the park hoping that Sera will come.

‘I was right!’ I saw Sera standing behind the nearby tree lost in her deep thought. I placed Chinnie on Karam’s hyung lap, got up from my placed, and walked over to the tree. I was so nervous, ‘Damn just do it, L, or else you are going to lose the chance again.’ I slapped my cheek lightly to calm myself down.

‘Okay, I will do it.’ I poked her back lightly causing her to look at me with wide eyes.

‘I knew it she is going to run away again. But not today, be strong L.’ I bite my lower lips and thought about joking around to lighten the mood, “I caught you red handed? Peeping at me?”

“Huh? Ahhh, since when have you been here? I thought you were sitting over there.” She pointed in the direction of Karam and Jae hyung.

“See. Isn’t that obvious, you are peeping on me?” I laughed at her blankness.

She pouted and shook her head as I started to take note of the blush on her cheeks. Suddenly, Karam Hyung ran to me and patted my back, “Who is this- WHAT SERA? What are you doing here?” Karam hyung’s eyes brighten and he let out his popular, adorable grin.

“Anneyong Hyunchul sshi. It’s been a long time.” She bowed politely with a sweet smile on his face.

“Don’t call me Hyunchul sshi. I told you to call me Hyunchul oppa, right?” Hyung smiled sweetly at her causing a bigger smile to take over her lips.

‘Do they know each other?’ I frowned at the sight and whacked the back of hyung’s head, “Do you know her, hyung?” I gritted my teeth and whispered.

“Yes of course. She worked in my club as a waitress.” Karam hyung looked at me curiously and a mischievous smiled crept up on his lips.

‘So she worked there. Does that mean she likes Karam hyung too? Karam hyung is way too popular among girls. He loves to flirt with every girls include her own workers.’ I groaned silently hoping that she didn’t like him.

“Why L? You afraid that we might share the same girl?” Hyung gave me and Sera a sly smile.

She lowered her head and bit her lower lips in embarrassment. I screamed in my head, ‘I feel like wanting to kill you now, hyung. Why must you own everything that is supposed to be mine?’

“O-of course not…” I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly.

“Erm I need to go now.” She blurted and walked passed me, but I grabbed her hand. She blinked at me and stopped walking as I managed to speak out the words that I had been dying to say, “Can I have your number? I need to talk to you about something. Since this damn Hyunchul interrupt our conversation. I think we need to meet again soon.”

“Number? Wait.” I smiled at him as my heart started to bloom and dance happily inside. She took out a piece of paper and wrote her number, “There you go. I need to go now. See you soon, L and Hyunchul oppa.” She said before bowing a little and walking away.

“Soon?” I muttered under my breath and jumped in excitement. Hyunchul hyung blinked at me as he pulled my arm down stopping me from jumping around.

“So that is the girl that you told me before? The girl with the mysterious necklace?” He chuckled and mocking my voice.

“Ya, that’s none of your business. You better don’t come close to her. She is mine. Back off.” I blushed lightly and threatened him.

Hyung smirked and sarcastically jerk his round eyes at me, “But she called me oppa!” He stuck his tongue out starting to bring his childish side out again.

I frowned at the word ‘oppa’ and crossed my arms, ‘I want her to call me oppa too.’ I punched hyung’s arm lightly and glared at him, “She doesn’t like a playboy like you.” With that I walked back to Chinnie and Jaejoong hyung with a big, fat smile on my face.

 

*Karam’s POV*

I shook my head and chuckled ‘Kim L being possessive towards a girl. You gotta be kidding me. He has seriously changed a lot.’

‘I hope that he will ended up with the girl.’ I thought before made my way back to Jaejoong hyung and L.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you liked this chapter/like the story, then please upvote/comment/subscribe!! :D