Death Note

Recuperating From The Past

*Narrator’s POV*

Baekhyun was getting very close to Suchinnie as he had started to treat her like his own younger sister. Till now, no one knew why Yunho named the baby Suchinnie, not even Jaejoong. Baekhyun ever tried to ask Yunho, but he always changed the topic or remained silent, so Baekhyun decided to shrug it off from his thoughts.


One bright sunny day, Karam was sitting alone inside his room, lost deep in his thoughts because lately, he has been disturbed by his step-mother.


*Karam’s POV*                        

Am I that timid till I let my own step-mother step on my face? I didn’t know what to do anymore because ever since my father passed away last year, she started to conquer everything. She announced to the whole world that she was the heir of the Park family. She fooled everyone but she was stupid enough till she couldn’t fool me since our family’s lawyer had met me before and told me everything. In my dad’s wills, it stated that I’m the REAL heir of the Park family. She was afraid that I will get everything, and I hoped every day that she would age faster and die soon.


“ONE DAY I WILL GET BACK WHAT IT SUPPOSED TO BE MINE.” I clutched my fist angrily and threw away the damn letter inside the dustbin.         

Yesterday I received a threat letter from my damn step-mother, and just the thought of the letter made my cringe. I kicked the cushion and plopped myself on my bed, ‘Why does she have to disturb my life again? Dammit old woman!’ I closed my eyes and sighed heavily.


‘Hi my dear son, how are you? Aww you must be so tired right now. Oh ya, glad to hear that you have a shelter now, I’m about to send some money to you. Who knows, maybe you need it.’ I frowned as I continued to scan the letter.


‘I heard you met the lawyer. You wanted to get back your property? Not that fast my stupid son. You are not going to get it back even if that stupid rich kid L helps you! What do you think that the brat can do for you? He just can a lollipop.’ My temperature started to increase. I don’t know why I felt so angry when she called my super rival L as a ‘stupid brat.’


He was my rival after all. He was the closest one to me now after Jihwan. Maybe this is what we called friendship. I shrugged off the thought and continued reading the letter.


‘Don’t you try to do anything, Park Karam, or else your will regret it. I can do unexpected things.’ I groaned at the word because she sounded so arrogant and over confidence. ‘Who cares if she can do anything? She is just a useless woman.’ I thought to myself.


‘You are stubborn enough, Park Karam. If you dare to interrupt me again, I will kill your precious baby and your friends.’ My eyes widened at the words because I knew she was cruel but I didn’t think that she would go as far as to kill someone. I don’t want her to hurt any of them because they are part of my life now. Ever since I met them, my life changed; they gave me the real love that I had been yearning for my entire life.


‘Don’t challenge me, Park Karam; I will kill them for real. So think carefully before you do anything. Oh before I forget, there is 10,000 dollars money inside this envelope. Who knows you need it to buy diapers for your daughter.’ I can already imagine her sarcastic yet scary laugh through this letter.


I sat up immediately and threw a small tantrum; I can’t stop thinking about this ever since I received it. That damn witch. I swear to God that I will freaking kick your limb if you dare to touch any of them. I frowned as I lost into my deep thought again.


*FLASHBACK*

I slammed the door open and stomped grumpily to my evil step-mother, “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO DO? THIS IS BETWEEN YOU AND ME! WHY YOU MUST DRAG MY FRIENDS AND CHINNIE TOO? THEY DON T KNOW ANYTHING!’ I shouted angrily, causing all the workers to take a glance inside this room.


“Geez, lower your voice, Park Hyunchul, I’m still your mom after all.” She chuckled in an elegant way, but it sounded like an evil witch to me.


“YOU ARE NOT MY DAMN MOM!”I snorted at the words ‘mom’ and shot her a deadly and strong glare. She crossed her arm and stared at me with her plastic eyes; she got surgery on her eyes a few years ago, using my dad’s money. This witch woman was such a gold digger.


“DAMMIT, WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME? YOU GOT EVERYTHING THAT YOU WANTED. YOU KILLED MY DAD THAT NIGHT IN FRONT OF ME AND CHASED ME OUT FROM MY HOUSE.” I groaned in frustration, clutching my fists, “NOW YOU WANT TO KILL MY FRIENDS AND CHINNIE. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU, OLD HAG?”I continued and inhaled a deep breath.


She stepped closer to me and cackled like a maniac, “I want you to stop meeting the lawyer and give up for trying to get this property back. You don’t need this. You already have your stupid friends and the useless baby. What more do you want?” She smirked evilly.


I stepped back and furrowed my eyebrows, “Don’t come close. I don’t want to get sick because of your damn germ.” I hissed and smirked at her. “Don’t touch my friends and chinnie, or I swear to god I will hunt you down, woman.” I threatened her, hoping desperately she would give in.


She just gave me a sly smirk instead, “Depends. As long as you follow what I say. Back off and stop wasting your energy to get back your property. You won’t get it back, but it is officially mine now. From now onwards you are just a poor kid.”


“LAME. ARROGANT OLD WITCH, MADE OF FAKE PLASTIC! BY THE WAY, I DON’T NEED YOUR DAMN MONEY. KEEP IT FOR YOURSELF!” I slammed the table and threw the money in front of her face.


She narrowed her eyebrows and cussed, “RETARDED BRAT. HOW COULD YOU PUSH ME AWAY LIKE THIS? YOU ARE SUCH AN UNGRATEFUL KID! YOU DESERVE TO LIVE ON THE STREET. I BET YOUR DAD IS BURNING IN HELL AS WE SPEAK. YOU AND YOUR DAD ARE THE SAME!”


I curled my other hand into a tight fist and pointed my fingers on her face “DAMN YOU WOMAN. LISTEN HERE. DON’T DARE TO BOTHER MY LIFE AGAIN. GO DIE WITH YOUR FREAKING MONEY. I HOPE ONE DAY KARMA WILL HIT YOU. DAMN! YOU DESERVE TO DIE SOON AND STAY IN THAT SAME HELL. YOU EVIL WITCH.” I scowled and tried to hold the urge to punch her face. I still had my limits. I wouldn’t hurt a lady even if she didn’t deserve that title. I heard her snorted angrily and motioned someone to come in.


I felt someone grabbed my arm and dragged me outside. I gritted my teeth angrily and gave her a dead glare again. Those two big muscular guys, who I assumed were her bodyguard threw me outside the big building harshly.


“Damn, I can walk by myself. Stop pushing me stupid idiot big muscular men!” I scoffed angrily and dusted my pants.


‘I’ll be back, stupid witch, and by that time you are going to regret throwing me away like this.’ I groaned and walked off from there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone! So starting from the next chapter, we might this a subscribers-only story with a short preview of each chapter. Don't forget to upvote, subscribe, and comment!! ^^*